"Unclean" IIFYM Success Stories and Pics please?

Options

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    The thing about eating clean is that it's not just for your weight loss- processed foods contribute to heart disease, diabetes, cancer, bone disease, so much! You can be skinny and still be at risk for all of those things by eating a highly processed, unnatural diet.

Care to back that up with some sort of scientific evidence?

Research pls. Instead of just demanding etc.
  • shelbys222
    shelbys222 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This thread is just what I was looking for! (:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Me today at 137 (You'll have excuse my averageness.)

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

The only thing average about your pic is the way you hold your phone. The rest is just plain smokin!

Beautiful:) I think that the way you hold your phone is awesome too:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The thing about eating clean is that it's not just for your weight loss- processed foods contribute to heart disease, diabetes, cancer, bone disease, so much! You can be skinny and still be at risk for all of those things by eating a highly processed, unnatural diet.

When one makes claims the burden of proof is on them to back them up, not on us to do the work for them.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You guys are saying eating healthy is overrated and McDonalds is just fine? Flavored seaweed passed on as beef is just wonderful...
    There is only one guy on this thread with ripped abs, rest of you are just average.
    What u r saying is u loose weight if you just eat less of what you've been eating......medical awards all around lol

1) Some people like being "just average".
    2) Check your spelling.
    3) What's wrong with seaweed? I like seaweed.
    4) I don't think you understand what IIFYM means.

Me too. Great, now I want sushi. Thanks. :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

No.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    By all means, continue eating your processed foods. Diet yourself to death, but don't say nobody warned you.

Gotta love it when fat people (assuming the ticker is correct) give health and weight loss advice to people that have long since reached their weight loss goals and are successfully maintaining.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    You guys are saying eating healthy is overrated and McDonalds is just fine? Flavored seaweed passed on as beef is just wonderful...
    There is only one guy on this thread with ripped abs, rest of you are just average.
    What u r saying is u loose weight if you just eat less of what you've been eating......medical awards all around lol

Sounds like somebody needs a Snickers.

Really, though, I'm not trying to become a professional athlete or bodybuilder. Your opinion of "average" means nothing to me. I think there are a lot of people in this thread that have had amazing success with their weight loss/healthier eating journey. I got side-tracked from IIFYM and paid the price. I've also dealt with back and knee injuries, so I don't lift weights (for now) and have been fairly sedentary. Plus, I just don't want to be a gym rat. My weight's coming down, through watching what I eat/IIFYM and physical therapy exercise. If you don't like the IIFYM method, don't comment on a thread where someone's looking for IIFYM successes. It doesn't apply to you. As it's been stated by many others, IIFYM doesn't mean eat crap all the time. It just means not denying yourself the pleasure of eating something you enjoy... on occasion.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Way Way back in the olden days of counting calories, my friend and I would get "advice" from others if they saw us eating pizza or friend fish, and make statements like that can cause heart attack. Our reply was something like "Dam my heart I just want to lose weight." We did great and we kept our health because using a little common sense helps a lot in being as healthy as you can while still enjoying a life. This is a great topic going here.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

No one said eating healthy is over rated. We just reject the idea that all foods, eaten in moderation, is unhealthy.
    Seaweed would be considered a "healthy food" by most clean eaters.
    Ripped abs=/=healthy.

While you are looking up what IIFYM actually is you may want to look up Orthorexia.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1193569-cookies-taste-better-than-skinny-feels

Short version: I'm a fan of A. Eating all the foods and B. Eating ALL the foods.

Calorie count for January, full of cookies, ice cream, and other processed food (oh my). I also lost about 5 pounds (but i figure 1-2 was probably water weight from a really really fat Holiday season.)

TKnZgvU.png?1

Me at 160 ish
    1lvLFMU.jpg

Me today at 137 (You'll have excuse my averageness.)

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

...I suppose I coulda wiped down the mirror and moved the bed but, in my defense, I'm supposed to be packing up my entire apartment, not playing on the forums.

ok - wow
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Me losing 90lbs using MFP to count calories and track macros.

55639728_8895_zps5bf82d6d.jpeg

I ate McDonald's, bread, pasta, pizza, ice cream... I just made sure to hit my goals and workout.

SO, what do you got? C'mon, post your results pics.

Also it's spelled lose. Just 4 letters. Shouldn't be that hard for a smart person like yourself.

I'm so sick of people who haven't achieved their goals telling people who have that they're doing it wrong. Put up or shut up.

I love the last sentence especially. I wonder how many people posting things on here really know what they are talking about, or did they just read it in a book or on the internet and that makes it 100% correct. I know what I know, and I know I lost weight eating at a calorie deficit and exercising. That's all I really know.
  • footballpeach
    Options
    I've enjoyed this...LOL! I can't wait to post some success pics and I'm glad to know my "unclean" eating, while creating a calorie deficit, will get me to my goal.
  • stillnot2late
    Options

I guess I'll put the pictures here since others are as well:

Comparison-6-13_small.png

lipids.png

sugar.png

Comp.png

K7txspjl.jpg

looking great!!

hey!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    There is only one guy on this thread with ripped abs, rest of you are just average. ......

well. Aren't you just charming.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    There is only one guy on this thread with ripped abs, rest of you are just average. ......

well. Aren't you just charming.

Everybody's pictures are looking good, ripped abs or not. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options
    Wow just Awesome! Thank you for sharing!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I looked at your diary, then i lol'd.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This thread is A+, I I hope to return to contribute but I am presently at work where they don't like me saving and uploading half naked pictures of myself.