Serious questions for married/serious relationship people?

Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    1. No

2. Yes

3. I would act the same
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    1) Nope, but that's by her choice.

2) Yes, she knows I'm here. She's the one that started me on MFP.

2) Nope. She knows I'm a goofball that loves only her. :smooched:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
    1. yes

3. no
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    1. yes (SO)
    2. n/a
    3. no. I act the same now as I did before we met.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    My spouse is on my FL.

I can't imagine that I would act any differently.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    1. No she de-friended me
    2-Yes
    3-No I wouldn't act differently
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

2) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1) No

2) Not on the site, but knows about the site and has met many MFPers in person

3) If he was on MFP and my FL no thing would change, really. I'm already more tame on MFP than in real life.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

2) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1. Yes

2. No. (Actually, I might troll more...)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    1. She was, but after not logging in and using the site for so many months I removed her

2. She's aware

3. maybe, but knowing she has no desire to track her food (made her all paranoid) means this scenario will never happen \m/
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Used to be

And no. He's well aware of my pot stirring hurr durr ways. He's basically my second in command, my sounding board, my research guy for when I'm in to deep to stop and read an article myself.
  • 1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

1) No

3) If he was on MFP and my FL no thing would change, really. I'm already more tame on MFP than in real life.

not on the site but hes met people off MFP? hmmmm
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    1) No

2) He's not on here but knows I am. I talk about it and he couldn't care less, just like I am bored to death by his fat bike forum.

3) I lay pretty low, so I don't think I would behave any differently. We also really respect each other so I would never say anything here that I wouldn't say in front of him.

ETA: ^^ My SO has also met a few of my MFP friends. We have a cool local group.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    1) Nope, he would MFP divorce me ASAP.

2) He is not on here, but he knows I have an account and I am active.

3) No, I would act the same which occasionally pisses him off, but I yam who I yam. :happy: Everyone needs to take me how I am or GTFO.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    1. nope
    2. not on here but he knows I'm here.
    3. wouldn't change the way I act.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    She was until she deacto'd

She knows I'm here and knows my password if she's so inclined to dig.

I don't act any differently now than I did when she was on my FL
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    My wife has an account, I am on her list and no, I wouldn't act any different. Why would I?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Yes he is on my FL and no I wouldn't act differently.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list? No. But two of my three daughters are.

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site? Yes, she knows I am on here.

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way? I would not act any differently. Everyone in my family understands my humor.
  • 1. No
    2. Yes he knows, no he's not on MFP
    3. No, I cuss, talk smack, and act IRL as I do on here. (He even took the profile pic for me and knows why he did)
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    1. No he isn't
    2. Yes he is.
    3. Still acting the same. he is using MFP to lose a little weight, that is good for him, regardless of if he wants to be 'friends' with me or not.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    1) Yes, but she hasn't logged on in months

2) Yeah, see above

3) Nope, we are pretty much the same with each other online and in person.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1. My fiancé is on my FL.

2. He is, he knows.

3. No, I would act the same. I'm kind, but no-nonsense. He knows that already.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    Nope my hubby isn't on MFP but if he was I wouldn't act any differently... my hubby is on my FB list and there are no problems there. If you're doing something/saying something you wouldn't want your husband to see/read then YOU are WRONG and you need to stop behaving that way.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    1) No, he's not on here

2) No, he's not on here, but he knows that I have an account and is very supportive of my effort to lose weight. He said when I hit his weight he'll join me, because he's worried the extra confidence will make me realize I can do better. :laugh:

3) No, I wouldn't act any different if he were on here. I'm not much of a flirt anyways, I mostly just use MFP for general support and advice.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Spouse is not on mfp so therefore not on my friends list

Spouse knows I have account and knows that I stay logged in on our home computer so could spy if he felt the need.

I would probably flirt less if he was on my friendlist just because though he sees no harm in mild, harmless flirting, he probably wouldn't want to witness it. I feel staying logged in where he can access my account helps me to make better choices about where I draw lines. My husbands best friend is on my friend list.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    No - he hates social media
    Yes he knows I am but he hats social media

No- I am appropriate at all times on MFP
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member

1) No

Yeah, it's called coming with me to the races I do, and being a part of my life by meeting my friends.

hmmmmmmmm
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

1) No

...Yeah. Her friends.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    No.

No, he isn't on here, but knows I am.

Not now, but in the first year I would have shown less cleavage and "progress" shots. These days I'm fairly tame. Kept losing my male friends when their SO/Wives would see my pics. Easier to keep friends this way...
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member

1) No

he's met her MFP friends. the ones she's met IRL. duh.