Serious questions for married/serious relationship people?

Options

Replies

• the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, but she hasn't logged on in months

2) Yeah, see above

3) Nope, we are pretty much the same with each other online and in person.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1. My fiancé is on my FL.

2. He is, he knows.

3. No, I would act the same. I'm kind, but no-nonsense. He knows that already.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Nope my hubby isn't on MFP but if he was I wouldn't act any differently... my hubby is on my FB list and there are no problems there. If you're doing something/saying something you wouldn't want your husband to see/read then YOU are WRONG and you need to stop behaving that way.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    1) No, he's not on here

2) No, he's not on here, but he knows that I have an account and is very supportive of my effort to lose weight. He said when I hit his weight he'll join me, because he's worried the extra confidence will make me realize I can do better. :laugh:

3) No, I wouldn't act any different if he were on here. I'm not much of a flirt anyways, I mostly just use MFP for general support and advice.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Spouse is not on mfp so therefore not on my friends list

Spouse knows I have account and knows that I stay logged in on our home computer so could spy if he felt the need.

I would probably flirt less if he was on my friendlist just because though he sees no harm in mild, harmless flirting, he probably wouldn't want to witness it. I feel staying logged in where he can access my account helps me to make better choices about where I draw lines. My husbands best friend is on my friend list.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No - he hates social media
    2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?
    Yes he knows I am but he hats social media

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?
    No- I am appropriate at all times on MFP
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

2) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1) No

2) Not on the site, but knows about the site and has met many MFPers in person

3) If he was on MFP and my FL no thing would change, really. I'm already more tame on MFP than in real life.

not on the site but hes met people off MFP? hmmmm

Yeah, it's called coming with me to the races I do, and being a part of my life by meeting my friends.

hmmmmmmmm
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

2) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1) No

3) If he was on MFP and my FL no thing would change, really. I'm already more tame on MFP than in real life.

...Yeah. Her friends.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    No.

No, he isn't on here, but knows I am.

Not now, but in the first year I would have shown less cleavage and "progress" shots. These days I'm fairly tame. Kept losing my male friends when their SO/Wives would see my pics. Easier to keep friends this way...
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

1) No

he's met her MFP friends. the ones she's met IRL. duh.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    1. No.
    2. Not on here but knows I'm on here.
    3. No, he knows what he married.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1) Yes
    3) No, she's my wife, she knows/gets me.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    1) No

2) Isn't here, but knows I am.

3) No.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. No, ( wish he would)
    2. Yes
    3. No
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    1. No

Uh-oh - 2 is a 2 part question:
    2.a. No; and
    2.b. Yes they know I have an account

3. I would act the same
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    1 No
    2 Yes
    3 Yes...I would be way, WAY more of a brat for his benefit...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    1.) Yes
    2.) N/A
    3.) Why would I act any differently? I would be the same me I always am.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    1. No

2. No to being on the site himself, but yes to knowing I have an account and post here. I basically don't shut up about it :laugh:

3. No, I would not act differently. I would have no need to ;)
  • 1. Yes
    2. Not Applicable
    3. I act the same, regardless of his presence on my friend's list.