Some should use the money on bettering themselves.....

Options
123457»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    OP, I personally think your outlook on the world in general would improve if you had better taste in football teams.

:bigsmile: (takes cover)
    Wait. Let's count the SB rings............................oh okay. Yeah, I'm with the right team.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

nuh-uh..... a little more blue and silver.... and then you would be. America's Team!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ maybe OP has no money so he has no clue. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

He also assumes that if they did give up their hobby, that they would in turn take up lifting and cardio. Some people (most maybe) don't care to be fit and lean. If they did, they would be.

The thing is, it might not be a hobby. If we're talking about handlers, it's a profession. If we're talking about top breeders, stud fees and puppies are a large part of their earnings.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    OP, I personally think your outlook on the world in general would improve if you had better taste in football teams.

Wait. Let's count the SB rings............................oh okay. Yeah, I'm with the right team.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member

nuh-uh..... a little more blue and silver.... and then you would be. America's Team!

Love to you both but...
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    LOLpoors who think 5G a month is excessive on a hobby...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm ready for the animal lovers to bash me now.

I feed my dog very well and care about her health. Two reasons.
    - She's there to die in the event of a home invasion.
    - She's meat if something really bad happens, and it's her or starvation.

Hm, I should bring her in from the backyard. Can't have her run around too much and get stringy.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    best-in-show-walk-o.gif
    Love this movie....

It takes all kinds. Who cares what people are into? Are they happy? Eh- then leave em be.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    They pay a lot of money to put braces on them too, so they can win in dog shows and their pups will be worth more money. Because, you know, superior genetics. *rollie eyes*
    I had to google it to believe it.

IDEA Fitness member

Keep in mind, with those titles, these aren't hobbyists. These are business people. Each of those pups from those lines could be well north $5k a piece, double or triple if you want to have reproductive rights for the pup as well.

Figure a dog can whelp 4 - 6 pups a year, and maybe you run 5-6 of these dogs at a time, and only one has to have a title to "prove" the quality of your business...

Then for the males you have the studding them out for 3-10k per spermathon. My mom's retired american eskimo was banking 7500 per mounting, plus a pup if it took. It's redonculous.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    They take pride in owning the best of the best. Like men with expensive cars. Or taking the blue ribbon at the county fair for having the biggest pumpkin. Most of us spend time and money on things others are going to find pointless and ridiculous.
    Well said!
  • re_verse
    Options
    My wife has this "friend" we do sitter sharing with.. She is gigantic and totally out of shape.

She came by yesterday talking about her new $100 dollar haircut, and when we mentioned that we had to leave to get to the gym, she mentioned that she'd love to get in shape but can't afford a gym membership. She lives right beside a planet fitness and a ymca that lets people her age join for $25 a month.

I don't think there is any amount of money she could spend on her hair that would do her half as much good as a gym habit :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You mean the Patriots? Cause the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since........................wait I'm gonna ask my grandpa.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    They take pride in owning the best of the best. Like men with expensive cars. Or taking the blue ribbon at the county fair for having the biggest pumpkin. Most of us spend time and money on things others are going to find pointless and ridiculous.
    Based on this statement, I'll have to concede.

IDEA Fitness member