Any Empaths out there? Hello? This thing on?

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Some of my family members practice Santeria, I'm sure there's some empath up in durr that has been passed down to me.

11ue2c4.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Is it always like this here? Because, you do understand that some of us are brand new here and haven't a clue of what's gone badly for you previously.

Just a bit of fun.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    Is it always like this here? Because, you do understand that some of us are brand new here and haven't a clue of what's gone badly for you previously.

More or less.

OK. Thanks. Then I think I've come to the wrong place :-)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options

This is only my second topic ive made on here.. so i really dont know who its gone badly for before me.. honestly i couldnt care less... I see what I need to see and the rest is static haha.. Ive gotten a few messages from empaths from this post (i guess didnt want to come forward since they saw the welcome i got) And that was my aim! So... :-)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey how about this time, some people take this opportunity to be kind and not ridicule..........

OP: I started a thread like this one a few weeks ago, and as someone mentioned above, it didn't turn out well at all. I hope it goes better for you. :wink:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Can't you just.... feel where the others are?

I need to go re-watch some episodes...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hey how about this time, some people take this opportunity to be kind and not ridicule..........

OP: I started a thread like this one a few weeks ago, and as someone mentioned above, it didn't turn out well at all. I hope it goes better for you. :wink:

Hey! I recommended you to OP! :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

you got here fast! do you have a google alert set for empath topics or could you just feel a disturbance in the force?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyj9ktmAzN1qmb3pi.gif
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options

Its much harder to be kind when you really dont have a reason to.. it shows true strength, depth, and character! :-) Sorry your post didnt end well.. :-( What was it about if you do not mind re-hashing it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

More or less.

OK. Thanks. Then I think I've come to the wrong place :-)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Don't forget your towel.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are you full Betazoid. or just half?
  • banditnbonnie961
    Options
    Hi Jessie, Yes i do understand you. Hope your journey is going well. I did look at other posts on here and shook my head. I'm here for support and for better clarity for the future. What is your journey? regards Bonnie
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Empathy is a human trait that probably goes back possibly more than 2 million years. Even bonobos have it to some extent (more than common chimps but less than humans). Non-verbal communication of emotion (among other things) pre-dates spoken language.

some humans are better at this than others............ re the bit in that article about detecting "true" feelings underneath the facade, that's been shown to be an ability to read other people's micro-expressions (yes like on "Lie to Me" - that series is based on this particular branch of science). It's nothing supernatural, or even anything that unusual. And the fact that some are better at this than others, is because there's variation in any population. But compared to most animals, humans are geniuses at empathy, it's a trait we evolved, presumably because co-operation and helping sick and injured people in the group increased the group's chance of survival, and individuals who were more empathetic were more likely to do those things, and able to work together more effectively due to understanding each other at a deeper level. Anyway, my take is that the OP is better than average at reading micro-expressions and other non-verbal cues in other people, or maybe some neurological variation that leads to a great degree of empathy than average. If they can detect this on brain scans between bonobos and common chimps then it's likely something that shows some degree of variation within species as well.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    To be fair to the OP...there was a similar thread not too long ago and it didn't end well.

lebowski-opinion.jpg

Hey! I not a man :angry:

Well, then I think we can rule Johnny out of the empath club.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you full Betazoid. or just half?

lolololl!!! :drinker:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I could tell that the hot guy at the gym last night wanted a piece of this.

Is this how it works?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

This is only my second topic ive made on here.. so i really dont know who its gone badly for before me.. honestly i couldnt care less... I see what I need to see and the rest is static haha.. Ive gotten a few messages from empaths from this post (i guess didnt want to come forward since they saw the welcome i got) And that was my aim! So... :-)

hm . surprised they didn't send you a message before the thread.

or is that psychic?
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    Empathy is a human trait that probably goes back possibly more than 2 million years. Even bonobos have it to some extent (more than common chimps but less than humans). Non-verbal communication of emotion (among other things) pre-dates spoken language.

some humans are better at this than others............ re the bit in that article about detecting "true" feelings underneath the facade, that's been shown to be an ability to read other people's micro-expressions (yes like on "Lie to Me" - that series is based on this particular branch of science). It's nothing supernatural, or even anything that unusual. And the fact that some are better at this than others, is because there's variation in any population. But compared to most animals, humans are geniuses at empathy, it's a trait we evolved, presumably because co-operation and helping sick and injured people in the group increased the group's chance of survival, and individuals who were more empathetic were more likely to do those things, and able to work together more effectively due to understanding each other at a deeper level. Anyway, my take is that the OP is better than average at reading micro-expressions and other non-verbal cues in other people, or maybe some neurological variation that leads to a great degree of empathy than average. If they can detect this on brain scans between bonobos and common chimps then it's likely something that shows some degree of variation within species as well.

This was a wonderful read! And so true! I saw something in regards to this in a video 'Empathy in pictures' Not sure about "better" I dont feel im better than anyone or any animal in general on this planet.. As we all have our places.. But Id say I pay attention, Im aware of others.. That actually bothers people.. When you see past the facade they put out there.. (after all when youre happy theres no reason to steal anothers happiness ) It makes them feel like they have no privacy, that they are exposed to be judged.. When the truth is everyone will judge you, its how you judge your self that matters.. Just my opinion tho...
  • i'm getting the feeling that.....

oh wait....wait....nope...lost it....

i lost that loving feelin.