what are your current culinary OBSESSIONS?

Options
1235»

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hash browns
    English muffins
    Cheesecake

I'm on a carb-fest at the moment. *ouch*

Also, chicken with lemon and thyme. My go to for lunches. Get some drumsticks and thighs and put in a roasting dish. Add as much fresh thyme as you can stand (I regularly use about 100g, which is a lot). Chop a couple of medium onions into quarters, and two or three lemons into wedges. Wedge these in between the meat. Add a splash of white wine or white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and bung in a moderate oven for about an hour. Serve with veggies or salad. *delicious*
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    Low fat natural yoghurt with a tsp of agave nectar - Simple but sooo delicious
    Oatmeal 4ever.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    :love: Protein Pancakes:love::love:

And cuz I can't for the life of me figure out how to insert my OWN pix of my OWN pancakes, I stole one off photobucket:

Pancakes.jpg
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Developing low cal, tasty vegetarian recipes that my son (a confirmed carnivore) will eat! :laugh:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't obsess over food anymore, but over the last several months I've rediscovered a very healthy enjoyment of peas.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Red & white meats in different cooking style & green salads..Yummy!!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Potato, swede and carrot mash. Have also recently discovered roasted vegetables. On the opposite end, flumps! lol.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Chocolate not too culinary...some one said avacado chocolate mousse Im going to try that
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    roasting all the veggies
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that includes salted caramel, including but not limited to...

Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Ice Cream Bars

Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Squares

If you get Snyders pretzels around your area they have a caramel pretzel product that just came out recently. It's not too bad.
  • tealgrove
    tealgrove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    cauliflower mash

homemade quinoa salad with apples and almonds

Faux Wendy's Frosty (what an incredible treat)

hummus

homemade oatmeal and blueberry muffins
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on burgen... can't get enough of it. Yum :love:
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you mean by culinary obsessions. One could be obsessed with it all!
  • susank135
    susank135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Currently obsessed with:

Vegetarian Pho w/tofu
    Theo's Salted Almond Milk Chocolate bars.
    Plain whole milk yogurt with blueberries and pecans
    Black bean soup w/sausage and greens
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! Lots of different veggies in a little organic butter, onions, green onions, carrots, broccoli, baby spinach, and lots of mushrooms! Yum!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Right now its getting closer to spring and summer and am wanting Fried Fish and Garden Green Beans and Plums and things like that. Pumpkin Brulee would sound pretty good also to me today. I don't know I love cooking alot so what sounds good food wise changes from day to day.
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm all about my nutribullet smoothies right now. When I use a lot of greens and I'm walking around with a green drink (most often) people are kind of grossed out, until they smell my beverage and realize that it tastes like berries, peaches, bananas, and vanilla.

It came with a bunch of recipes but I pretty much just mark it a generic smoothie. Strawberries, Peaches, Bananas, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Apples, Avacados, Pomagranites and Baby Spinach are pretty much always in my kitchen now, and what of those go in are whatever I feel like having at the time. I also supplement them with high protein powder (Ensure) for my workouts, flaxseed meal, sometimes I compliment it with nuts. I have 1-2 shakes a day usually and I'm completely happy.

I can't wait until the pick your own berry farms. orchards and farms start to open up in a few months... I think I'll start organizing my freezer and looking for buckets/containers soon in anticipation. I might even consider canning...

I'll be growing my own herbs this spring, too.. Cilantro, Parsley, Oregano, etc. Maybe some green onions. I did it last year and it was great.

Other things I'm really into..
    Whole wheat bread
    Vine Ripened Tomatoes
    Homemade Avacado Spread / Homemade Guacamole
    Hummus
    Baked Lemon-Pepper Salmon
    Turkey Bacon
    Sashimi/Nigiri (I work for a sushi company) with wasabi and ginger
    Scrambled Eggwhites (3) + I whole scrambled Egg
    Oatmeal (+fresh fruit)
    Steamed Vegetables. ALL of them.

I'm ready to look into steel-cut oats, I keep hearing about them.. <3