Anyone have any suggestion on a jump start program

Options
I was on weight watchers year ago and got down to goal weight and here I sit years later 35 pounds over that weight ... technically Obese by BMI.

I know it is up to me to do this but does anyone have any suggestions on a jump start program that might help be start getting the weight to go in 1-2 weeks making me have that " I can do this " feeling with having seen some of the weight come off.

I have and elliptical that I am just getting use to and I have a DVD Player... Anything help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You cannot "jump start" weight loss, it will come off as it comes off. Do the right things and wait. Results will follow. What DVD do you have? Between that and the elliptical, that sounds like a good start.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Just starting should be the jump start you need. Reduction of calories, drinking enough water and getting in some exercise is what ALL programs suggest one does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I assume you are on a chair at the moment. Jump up.... then start.

BAM!
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The best "Jump Start" that I can recommend would be to start with the basics:

1. Good Nutrition (count all calories)
    2. Increase activity
    3. Drink plenty of water!

Good luck!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Track your calories and exercise
  • sallyjune79
    Options
    I have been at it for 5 weeks and have lost 26 pounds. For the first 3 days, I did 1/2 hour on the eliptical. Then I moved to an 800 calorie burned daily goal (about 56 minutes). When I lost the first 10 lbs after like 2 weeks, my goals were re-calculated and 80 calories were taken away from my daily allowance (ughhhhhh!!) so I upped my calories burned to 880 daily. I didn't see the results I wanted that week, so I bumped it up to 1200 calories burned daily. On top of that, I try not to eat more than 1000 calories daily; although on the days I have to be in the office all day, I usually go over. I look at it like this: When I am down to my goal weight, my metabolisim will be functioning correctly and I will be able to eat whatever I like (in moderation), but for now I GOTTA WORK. Which sucks.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for 5 weeks and have lost 26 pounds. For the first 3 days, I did 1/2 hour on the eliptical. Then I moved to an 800 calorie burned daily goal (about 56 minutes). When I lost the first 10 lbs after like 2 weeks, my goals were re-calculated and 80 calories were taken away from my daily allowance (ughhhhhh!!) so I upped my calories burned to 880 daily. I didn't see the results I wanted that week, so I bumped it up to 1200 calories burned daily. On top of that, I try not to eat more than 1000 calories daily; although on the days I have to be in the office all day, I usually go over. I look at it like this: When I am down to my goal weight, my metabolisim will be functioning correctly and I will be able to eat whatever I like (in moderation), but for now I GOTTA WORK. Which sucks.

So, you're telling the OP to NET -200 calories?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Be very careful. Having extreme calorie deficits won't "balance out" later, it will simply train your body to have a screwed up metabolism.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @OP There's no "jump Start" or even quick way to do this, if you want the results to last. That being said, if you want to get it moving, you have to get moving. That could mean working out a little longer or a few additional times. Watching what your eating by honestly logging your food...every bit of food.

If you want the results to last, you have to commit to it long term.
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    I hear the best jump start is with a mini tramp!
  • RachLK7
    RachLK7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Get a good workout, I'm loving Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, you've got the likes of Insanity, P90x etc but they are quite hard exercises if your not used to a lot if physical activity! I personally don't think diet alone works as well as the 2 combined!

I would advised, cutting out as much crap as possible, I'm pretty sure I have a sugar addiction so slowly cutting out all sugar (other than natural sugars from fruit) last time I did this the weight dropped off me!

Drink plenty of water , eat healthy, keep active, n remember to keep track of your measurements not just your lbs lost!

Main thing tho, everybody is different. What works for 1 person might not work for another, but focus n determination are the main 2 things u need! I lost 2stone from Nov 2012 to 2013 now I want to lose another 30lbs by this summer, so it can be done!!

:) x
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Seems legit. :noway:

OP, don't listen to this fool, just jump right in and start. A SANE, moderate deficit, some lifting, a little cardio and patients, the weight will start to fall off.

Rigger
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I assume you are on a chair at the moment. Jump up.... then start.

BAM!

Best. Answer. Ever. To one of these threads. :drinker:
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dont try to jump start weight loss, you will be let down because it will be water weight, just change your eating habits, and try to move more, it will happen but do it slow so you can stick with it
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Like what most other people said, I will say there is no jump start. The key is CONSISTENCY. Get moving, keep moving, and keep your nutrition in check. That will get you sustained weight loss. I also think it's important to vary your workout routine. Elliptical is great, but you need to add other things in to work all areas of the body. For DVD programs, I've personally done Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, ChaLEAN Extreme, and am now doing P90X3. All great programs with great results. I haven't personally done Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, but I've heard great things about that one as well.

Best of luck in your journey :smile:
  • RachLK7
    RachLK7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    30day shred level 3 is tough n level 2 defo ain't easy. But wow you must be so determined, Insanity n the likes, it's well difficult, wish I had the time n energy to do it again noticed massive results! How much hav u lost so far?

I don't agree with everyone else posting saying there is no jump start, bootcamp n clean eating plans see people drop lbs and inches within weeks! But again it's determination n yep consistency is key!!! X
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The "I can do this" feeling starts in your brain and it is "I will do this". For ME, It started with a plan, MFP figured out my daily calories, I started looking at people food diaries that had lost a lot of weight to see what they where eating, was really encouraged when I saw no one was starving themselves or eating special food. Then I got to it. I purchased a good walking/stengh training DVD and did it. I planned my meals. I am 4 weeks in and down 6 lbs, right on track! My 100 lb weight loss has to start with that 6 lbs.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    30day shred level 3 is tough n level 2 defo ain't easy. But wow you must be so determined, Insanity n the likes, it's well difficult, wish I had the time n energy to do it again noticed massive results! How much hav u lost so far?

I don't agree with everyone else posting saying there is no jump start, bootcamp n clean eating plans see people drop lbs and inches within weeks! But again it's determination n yep consistency is key!!! X

So often I see people burn out quickly because they go balls to the wall right off the bat. Small steps are often the best steps for people that have had bad habits for so long.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    no such thing as a jump start...

just start eating in a calorie deficit and working out more...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

horrible advice...