mine too. makes me lose my focus ;/
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    LMlululemonAO!!!!

I am heading North.....
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Why not have both? I have lululemon short shorts.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Workin' out at home = no pants necessary
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

yet the thread started today posting nothing but topless beefcake is fine? You dont hear men whining about objectifying them?

Im will go reread that post to find your comment about how THAT thread should not exist

Haha, I agree I don't think men should be objectified like that either and that thread should also not exist - I don't think I said anywhere in my post that threads like this about men are okay, in fact I said they sound ridiculous. I haven't seen a thread like that but I also haven't been looking for threads like that and this one happened to pop up when I came on. How about we just don't objectify anyone at the gym? That would be greaaaat. How about everyone wears what they're comfortable wearing and we don't discuss whether you prefer seeing peoples *kitten* in x garment because I think most people don't go to the gym to be ogled.
    Well, darn... and here I thought we were all here for the same thing....
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.

Yup.

By the way, you do realize that Lululemon was started by a guy who basically wanted to look at women's *kitten* while doing yoga, don't you? (I think the story is that he saw that women had "nothing to wear" while doing yoga, so he created the line...but come on..)
  • law_of_inertia
    Options
    It's funny because there've been a countless number of threads in which females have been assured that they don't need to feel uncomfortable going to the gym, since "no one notices them". I can see shy/embarrassed women taking this thread in the wrong way and feeling like it affirms their anxieties.

Note - I'm not against having fun or people noticing attractive women (or men - both are instinctual and natural), but this thread did make me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I'm also not a rabid feminist with double standards.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    *posted twice. :)
  • in_the_stars
    Options
    Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

sexy-girls-yoga-pants-2.jpg
  • ashemarie
    ashemarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused why this is a guys subject? Some women like to look at beautiful women's behinds in lululemon and short shorts lol.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I'm so confused because all of my lulu's are short shorts for hot yoga??? When did it become one or the other???
  • rob043055
    Options
    If I see women in shorts shorts or lights, I do my best not to stare or ogle them, out of respect for the relationship I have with my wife. Nor would I be happy with her ogling guys either. Its a 2 way street
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.

Yup.

By the way, you do realize that Lululemon was started by a guy who basically wanted to look at women's *kitten* while doing yoga, don't you? (I think the story is that he saw that women had "nothing to wear" while doing yoga, so he created the line...but come on..)

Yup, and he's made plenty of comments about girls who really shouldn't be wearing his pants. From a marketing standpoint, I think he's a complete imbecile for saying those things.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Yup.

Yup, and he's made plenty of comments about girls who really shouldn't be wearing his pants. From a marketing standpoint, I think he's a complete imbecile for saying those things.

From strictly a marketing perspective, I think his incendiary comments are pure genius.

From a decent human being perspective, meh, not so much.
  • in_the_stars
    Options

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

*and decent? hmmm....
    why do I bother, you don't listen to a word I've said.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Yup.

From strictly a marketing perspective, I think his incendiary comments are pure genius.

Nah, he turned off too large of a segment of his target audience.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can have both! Lulu shorts FTW!

mJaHPtNl.jpg?1
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Yup.

Nah, he turned off too large of a segment of his target audience.

Not really, considering they only go up to a size 12.