Guys - Wowen in the gym - Lululemon's or short shorts

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.

Yup.

By the way, you do realize that Lululemon was started by a guy who basically wanted to look at women's *kitten* while doing yoga, don't you? (I think the story is that he saw that women had "nothing to wear" while doing yoga, so he created the line...but come on..)

Yup, and he's made plenty of comments about girls who really shouldn't be wearing his pants. From a marketing standpoint, I think he's a complete imbecile for saying those things.

From strictly a marketing perspective, I think his incendiary comments are pure genius.

From a decent human being perspective, meh, not so much.

Nah, he turned off too large of a segment of his target audience.

I'm not yet convinced that their financial results and relative market research supports your conclusions though. I mean, I understand the logic behind your thoughts, but marketing to an exclusive target market for a trendy product isn't simply a matter of maximizing the number of potential buyers.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Both look great, IMO
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.

Yup.

By the way, you do realize that Lululemon was started by a guy who basically wanted to look at women's *kitten* while doing yoga, don't you? (I think the story is that he saw that women had "nothing to wear" while doing yoga, so he created the line...but come on..)

Yup, and he's made plenty of comments about girls who really shouldn't be wearing his pants. From a marketing standpoint, I think he's a complete imbecile for saying those things.

From strictly a marketing perspective, I think his incendiary comments are pure genius.

Not really, considering they only go up to a size 12.

Yeah, it pisses off a lot of people (for good reason) on a personal note, but i doubt it will affect the business in a negative way. Lululemon's clientele is hardly average by any stretch of the imagination, the pants can cost north of $100, so likely they are middle-upperclass white women who value the prestige of having "the best". This would include being able to wear a small piece of clothing and having everyone around you know that they are only meant for fit people.

I wear Lululemon, but I do think Chip Wilson is an *kitten*.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Yup.

Not really, considering they only go up to a size 12.

Yeah, it pisses off a lot of people (for good reason) on a personal note, but i doubt it will affect the business in a negative way. Lululemon's clientele is hardly average by any stretch of the imagination, the pants can cost north of $100, so likely they are middle-upperclass white women who value the prestige of having "the best". This would include being able to wear a small piece of clothing and having everyone around you know that they are only meant for fit people.

I wear Lululemon, but I do think Chip Wilson is an *kitten*. I realize my hypocrisy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

It's called empathy in my case and an apparent lack of empathy in yours.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.
  • in_the_stars
    Options

LOL...

...in.

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

Look at a few of your previous posts. Sooooo... you empathize with me? :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.

Look at a few of your previous posts. Sooooo... you empathize with me? :)

hMqnZ.gif
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Shorts.

Period.

End of story.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.

To add to this, she also has NEVER once actually posted a picture of herself. She simply talks about how hot she is. I had a friend that did that on the Internet.....

2je38fa.png
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

sexy-girls-yoga-pants-2.jpg

Uh-huh.

tumblr_inline_mq5luzdJYO1qz4rgp.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh why not, IN

regret_this_decision_anchorman_zpsb0582be3.gif
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Oh why not, IN

If there is to be regret, let's at least make it solvent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMm8q0syadNYZ39RnjKUN1QuflotQilBcHRaLOHMgMSh_D09QTw
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

LOL...

...in.

To add to this, she also has NEVER once actually posted a picture of herself. She simply talks about how hot she is. I had a friend that did that on the Internet.....

2je38fa.png

Are you suggesting she's not doing us a favor because she's simply too gorgeous for gen pop to handle?
  • in_the_stars
    Options

LOL...

...in.

2je38fa.png

Wrong answer. I have a few local friends here and others that know what I look like.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh why not, IN

If there is to be regret, let's at least make it solvent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMm8q0syadNYZ39RnjKUN1QuflotQilBcHRaLOHMgMSh_D09QTw

ZRtw7Omjpg_zps85f0e169.gif

Not that I know anything about that. :wink:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wrong answer. I have a few local friends here and others that know what I look like.

Ummm......:huh:

Okay then. I'm glad your local friends know what you look like. :indifferent:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

15rgzlh.jpg