Somebody help! I can't get to 1200 calories a day :(

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    So are you overweight? How did you get overweight if you can't eat 1200 cal? I would see a doctor because any normal healthy person should have no problem eating that much. Kids eat over 1000 cals

The doctor says I'm at a good weight, (but I still want to lose a little bit more)

the weird thing is that I used to be getting much more than 1200 calories a day because I would eat high calorie ethnic foods and sugar cookies or cupcakes every other day but now that I'm making my own food, I have no idea how to cook and I've started eating healthier I guess (I cut out the sweets too) and now I can't seem to go over 1200 :(

do you consider milk and peanut butter in the none healthy category????
  • minigirl99
    Options
    So are you overweight? How did you get overweight if you can't eat 1200 cal? I would see a doctor because any normal healthy person should have no problem eating that much. Kids eat over 1000 cals

The doctor says I'm at a good weight, (but I still want to lose a little bit more)

the weird thing is that I used to be getting much more than 1200 calories a day because I would eat high calorie ethnic foods and sugar cookies or cupcakes every other day but now that I'm making my own food, I have no idea how to cook and I've started eating healthier I guess (I cut out the sweets too) and now I can't seem to go over 1200 :(

do you consider milk and peanut butter in the none healthy category????

for peanut butter it depends on the brand :P for milk, no :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    See my avatar? That cake there? 200+ calories.

Problem solved. Glad I could help
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    So if you had a glass of milk (2cups worth) and 2 pieces of bread (whole wheat 70 calories a slice) and 2 Tbsp. of All Natural Peanut Butter and 1 medium banana will get you to 740 calories and I wouldn't consider that much more than a snack...... if you eat alittle bit more calorie dense food, you should have no issues getting to 1200 calories in my opinion.....
  • ragdoll29
    Options
    Try adding like 40 calories a day until your body gets used to, then add some more until you reach the 200 calories you´re missing
  • minigirl99
    Options
    So if you had a glass of milk (2cups worth) and 2 pieces of bread (whole wheat 70 calories a slice) and 2 Tbsp. of All Natural Peanut Butter and 1 medium banana will get you to 740 calories and I wouldn't consider that much more than a snack...... if you eat alittle bit more calorie dense food, you should have no issues getting to 1200 calories in my opinion.....

the problem is, my meals have gotten smaller too, like I get full with a glass of milk, and if I add a piece of bread with peanut butter on it then I feel that nauseated feeling... D:

so then I would end up drinking a glass of milk and have a slice of bread with peanut butter and not eat again until lunch and my lunch is about 300 calories or so too and then I'll just net at about 800 :(
  • minigirl99
    Options
    Try adding like 40 calories a day until your body gets used to, then add some more until you reach the 200 calories you´re missing

brilliant idea :o

(it'll take some time though...but eventually I'll get there, thanks)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

the problem is, my meals have gotten smaller too, like I get full with a glass of milk, and if I add a piece of bread with peanut butter on it then I feel that nauseated feeling... D:

so then I would end up drinking a glass of milk and have a slice of bread with peanut butter and not eat again until lunch and my lunch is about 300 calories or so too and then I'll just net at about 800 :(

Again see a doctor if milk and some bread makes you sick. You could have something really wrong.
  • minigirl99
    Options

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

seriously how old are you?
  • minigirl99
    Options

Again see a doctor if milk and some bread makes you sick. You could have something really wrong.

The thing is before I could eat double that and I'd be fine but now I feel bloated
    I think my stomach has shrunk or something and now I can't eat much, especially if liquids are involved
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people needing 1200 cal a day and not knowing what to eat. I made up an example day on my dairy for tomorrow 2/15. It meets the pie chart and is within the goals, like sugar and carbs. It also has all of the recommended fiber. My diary is open so you can take a look. It doesn't require any cooking except boiling eggs and baking salmon (bake from completely frozen at 400 about 25 min, covered tightly with foil).
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeing a professional if you are having that degree of an issue with eating.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

The thing is before I could eat double that and I'd be fine but now I feel bloated
    I think my stomach has shrunk or something and now I can't eat much, especially if liquids are involved
    Again, SEE A DOCTOR. A toddler can eat that much. If you are just looking for attention because you can't eat then that's one thing but if physically can't eat what do you want for advice. See you doctor for testing.
  • minigirl99
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people needing 1200 cal a day and not knowing what to eat. I made up an example day on my dairy for tomorrow 2/15. It meets the pie chart and is within the goals, like sugar and carbs. It also has all of the recommended fiber. My diary is open so you can take a look. It doesn't require any cooking except boiling eggs and baking salmon (bake from completely frozen at 400 about 25 min, covered tightly with foil).

thank you so much :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeing a professional if you are having that degree of an issue with eating.

+1
  • minigirl99
    Options

Again, SEE A DOCTOR. A toddler can eat that much. If you are just looking for attention because you can't eat then that's one thing but if physically can't eat what do you want for advice. See you doctor for testing.

I just wanted some high calorie options to reach 1200 :o
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Your shouldn't feel nauseated from I e glass of milk and one piece of bread w peanut butter. I also have a small appetite and that would make me full, but bloating and nausea isn't normal for just having eaten enough.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options

+1
    ^^^
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Measure your food. The likelihood of "eating and eating" but still not getting to 1200 sounds a little unlikely. You might surprise yourself with more accurate food measurements (assuming you aren't measuring already.)

That, or see a doctor. Sounds like an eating disorder.