Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon today.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Went shopping and actually liked myself in almost everything I tried on.
    Had a decadent mini chocolate cake in the fridge that I "snacked" on for 5 days and didn't eat in one setting
    Turned down dessert at my neighbors house after dinner
    Actually skipped a meal because I wasn't hungry. I usually eat 4-6 times a day even when I am not hungry (I'm an addict)
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This weekend I wore the same dress (I wore it as a shirt) that I bought to wear last valentines day! OMG huge difference and looks much better on me now :happy:
    184358_10151495865651217_1868557030_n.jpg
    1900057_10152243757916217_90342348_n.jpg

and you look fantastic in it!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    great question for right now. I was invited to an event that called for party clothes. uh.... never had much of those, and certainly not in this size. Finally, I found a pair of loose-ish velvet pants with an elastic waistband....don't even know where those came from. But they fit great. and a beige silk shell. a favorite necklace, very cool high heels and I looked ready to party. A year ago, 49 pounds higher, I would have been too embarrassed about my looks to even show up.

also, recently I've been going to these dance events that are all about just dancing for an hour or two, letting the music move you and not worrying about how you look. Kind of a "dance like no one's looking" thing. Because of it, I've felt more able to let go and enjoy myself, which I really did last night.
  • David___D
    David___D Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I ran 10k in under 50 minutes for the first time in over 15 years!
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This week I ran for the first time in about two years. I do other cardio, but running has always bothered my asthma. I was able to maintain 5 mph for 5 straight minutes, and my lungs felt great!

I've only lost three pounds since starting my journey in January, but I already feel so much more fit and energetic than I have in years. This feeling is so much better than seeing my waistline shrink! Not all what I expected :-D
  • EmilyT1994
    Options
    This weekend I wore the same dress (I wore it as a shirt) that I bought to wear last valentines day! OMG huge difference and looks much better on me now :happy:
    184358_10151495865651217_1868557030_n.jpg
    1900057_10152243757916217_90342348_n.jpg

Oh wow!
    You look amazing!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I tried on a dress I haven't been able to wear for several years, and not only did it fit, it looked better than it ever has on me! My midsection is much smoother than it has been for quite a while. :D
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I actually had two NSVs this week. First, I bought a new, school spirit shirt in small. It fit!! The second one was exercise related. I did a HITT workout TWICE in the same day. When I started this journey last year, I couldn't do any of Jillian's workouts without modifications.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is having a couple of my good friends I havent seen recently that I look really good!
    It was the first time someone I know had said something to me and It was a personal goal I had to be noticably healthier looking.
    It made me feel like a million bucks!
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BTW I wanted to send out the biggest WAY TO GO'S to everyone who posted on here!!
    I am reading through all of these posts and I am so hapy for everyone to have achieved their big or small goals this week.
    Keep up the amazing work everyone and thanks for being apart of MFP to support us all! (:
  • snapehbp
    snapehbp Posts: 64
    Options
    While I am still plateauing (or going up 2, down 2 lbs), I've lost inches by increasing strength training and am officially a size 8 on bottom (took 5 months to get out of size 10) and bought my first size small top!! Still a med in the top only because my arms need more toning and "the girls" will probably continue to shrink making a small fit better (button shirts in particular). Very happy!!!!

Wonderful work everyone!
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My jeans that once were tight- I didn't have to unbutton or unzip them - they just slid right off :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have 2. A friend bought me a Medium sweater, I had to exchange it for a small. I bought new bras today, down another cup size to a C. Started out as DDD, so very happy about my boobs shrinking!
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Down yet another pants size and saw my reflection in a mirror and did not recognize myself after dropping almost 200 lbs total.
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Got my mile swim time under thirty minutes! Now if only I could get my 5k runs to be that fast :grumble:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted slightly more than my body weight - yay!

Succeeded at a bench press weight I failed at last week - yay!

Stuck at squatting the bar thanks to a strained muscle and a strained ligament that aren't even physiologically related - boo.

Failed at military press for the 2nd week in a row - boo.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Although I still can't fully do Crow (the yoga stance) I was able to do the head stand version of it this morning. Last time I tried 3 weeks ago I couldn't even get my knees on my elbows. Today I held it for like 10 seconds. I'll take it.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Bumped into random friends I haven't seen in awhile, they all said they didn't recognize me until I started speaking.

Win.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Have always wanted to wear trousers but with my tiny waist and big @ss, they are a no go. However, Lane Bryant has a new curvy trouser which fit awesome! I was so excited and took my pic. I look at the pic so excited to see how it looked, BAM screw the pants I had lower arm muscle definition!!!! Heck yeah. added the pic to my profile. I'm starting to see lots of muscle now that I'm lifting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!