One year in... 125 pounds gone never to be found again

Options
Hello MFP my name is Courtney. Right now I am working on cutting the original m in half. As of today this goal is 70% complete!!

This is my second time on a journey to get healthy. The first time I was successful at losing weight. I lost 94 pounds. Somehow I became unmotivated and started working out less and less. Eventually I stopped going to the gym and even stopped taking my thyroid medicine because I didn't want to go to the doctor and hear her ask about me gaining all the weight I lost back. I was in deep denial about what I had done to myself. In two years I gained all 94 pounds plus 46 pounds back.

Moving really slow, lower back pain, shortness of breath after just a couple minutes of slow walking or climbing few stairs, often eating fast food for more than one meal a day, feeling tired, etc. all happened in a normal day for me before I started this journey for the second and final time.

One day I was sitting at work, with just an hour left before it was time for me to go home, and it just hit me that it was time for me to change. When I got off, I went straight to a grocery and retail store and got some workout DVDs, healthy food, and water. Did I mention, I just went grocery shopping three days before and loaded up on the junk food? I took all that junk food to work the next day and set it in the kitchen and let all of my coworkers eat it, better 15 people eating it than just one (me).

A couple of weeks later, I joined a gym.

Over the last year, my life has changed so much. I no longer have lower back pain; I can run up the stairs to my bedroom ( I live in a three-story condo and my bedroom is on the third floor); I eat much healthier now, while still allowing myself to have treat meals every now and then; and most importantly I just feel so good!!! My focus has shifted from losing weight to getting fit and healthy while losing weight in the process. One of my proudest fitness moments this year was when I ran my very first 5K ( I should mention it was on a cross country trail).

So far, this journey has been tough; but the love and support that I receive on a daily basis from my family, friends, and my MFP family has made it a little easier. I am looking forward to seeing what my future holds! I still have a ways to go, but I have come so far not only physically but mentally also!

SW: 358.8
CW: 233.6
GW: 175

I got these results by exercising 5-6 days a week, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water. No surgery, no wraps, no pills, no starvation, just the simple way eating right and exercising!!!

And what people want to see the most….. the pics…. 

DSCF0272-1_resized1_zpsc0287778.jpg

DSCF0299-1_resized1_zpsb680c409.jpg

DSCF0318-1_resized1_zps1b777335.jpg

DSCF0352-1_resized_zpsd8bf756f.jpg

DSCF0429-1_resized_zps96e6784e.jpg

2013-12-17075439_resized_zps414d1bd0.jpg

20131222_125953_zpsnip8cci_edit_1387820859858_zpsf2uxvuop.jpg

PicsArt_1390098720831_resized_zps63b93372.jpg

20140217_135521_zpsr0rhrdxp.jpg

This is a picture of me holding 120 of the pounds I lost. This was a motivator to me because it helped me feel exactly how much weight I had lost and made it so clear to me that I NEVER want to put any of that weight back on me!

20140212_174418_zpsb5ghqifl.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!