One year in... 125 pounds gone never to be found again

Options

Replies

• Sag2015
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep up the good work.
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!! you look wonderful and I know you will acomplish your goal this year.
    That last picture is so cute! don't ya love wearing high boots? cannot do that and look good when you are big (well I never felt I could anyway!)
    congrats!
  • itamd1970
    itamd1970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing
  • MaryGrace1965
    MaryGrace1965 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with the rest of us. Hard work, determination and mind set is really what it takes. I'm so glad you pointed out that you did it by eating healthy and exercise. That really is how we have to do it. :) You ROCK!!!
  • StormsPrincessJac
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. You look fantastic. A real inspiration for those of us just starting out. Thank you for sharing
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the love everyone!!! When I say it means a lot, that is an understatement!!! You all rock and together each and everyone of us can reach our goals!!!!
  • slimjaques
    slimjaques Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratuations! Fabulous results!!!
  • sexxxythick
    sexxxythick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow...u r an inspiration!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats on the loss you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished!!! :drinker:
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You are looking amazing, and I love the picture in the black dress, that confidence surely shows, you look stunning!
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a perfect gift you've given yourself. You look beautiful!
  • NewCourtneyJo
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • 000April
    000April Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! You have worked hard and deserve to feel great! You sure look it! :)
  • dieter75
    dieter75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations.
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Thanks!!!!:smile::blushing:
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!!!! You are an inspiration for sure!!!
  • Jmer525
    Options
    Great Job! You looks fantastic!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    YAYA! go girl! you look great! you can do this! and Im so glad I looked at this story now because im gonna kill it at the gym!
  • carol5047
    carol5047 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP my name is Courtney. Right now I am working on cutting the original m in half. As of today this goal is 70% complete!!

This is my second time on a journey to get healthy. The first time I was successful at losing weight. I lost 94 pounds. Somehow I became unmotivated and started working out less and less. Eventually I stopped going to the gym and even stopped taking my thyroid medicine because I didn't want to go to the doctor and hear her ask about me gaining all the weight I lost back. I was in deep denial about what I had done to myself. In two years I gained all 94 pounds plus 46 pounds back.

Moving really slow, lower back pain, shortness of breath after just a couple minutes of slow walking or climbing few stairs, often eating fast food for more than one meal a day, feeling tired, etc. all happened in a normal day for me before I started this journey for the second and final time.

One day I was sitting at work, with just an hour left before it was time for me to go home, and it just hit me that it was time for me to change. When I got off, I went straight to a grocery and retail store and got some workout DVDs, healthy food, and water. Did I mention, I just went grocery shopping three days before and loaded up on the junk food? I took all that junk food to work the next day and set it in the kitchen and let all of my coworkers eat it, better 15 people eating it than just one (me).

A couple of weeks later, I joined a gym.

Over the last year, my life has changed so much. I no longer have lower back pain; I can run up the stairs to my bedroom ( I live in a three-story condo and my bedroom is on the third floor); I eat much healthier now, while still allowing myself to have treat meals every now and then; and most importantly I just feel so good!!! My focus has shifted from losing weight to getting fit and healthy while losing weight in the process. One of my proudest fitness moments this year was when I ran my very first 5K ( I should mention it was on a cross country trail).

So far, this journey has been tough; but the love and support that I receive on a daily basis from my family, friends, and my MFP family has made it a little easier. I am looking forward to seeing what my future holds! I still have a ways to go, but I have come so far not only physically but mentally also!

SW: 358.8
    CW: 233.6
    GW: 175

I got these results by exercising 5-6 days a week, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water. No surgery, no wraps, no pills, no starvation, just the simple way eating right and exercising!!!

And what people want to see the most….. the pics…. 

DSCF0272-1_resized1_zpsc0287778.jpg

DSCF0299-1_resized1_zpsb680c409.jpg

DSCF0318-1_resized1_zps1b777335.jpg

DSCF0352-1_resized_zpsd8bf756f.jpg

DSCF0429-1_resized_zps96e6784e.jpg

2013-12-17075439_resized_zps414d1bd0.jpg

20131222_125953_zpsnip8cci_edit_1387820859858_zpsf2uxvuop.jpg

PicsArt_1390098720831_resized_zps63b93372.jpg

20140217_135521_zpsr0rhrdxp.jpg

This is a picture of me holding 120 of the pounds I lost. This was a motivator to me because it helped me feel exactly how much weight I had lost and made it so clear to me that I NEVER want to put any of that weight back on me!

20140212_174418_zpsb5ghqifl.jpg

Some one on this site posted a 40lb weight loss by holding up 4 ten pound bag of potatoes in the grocery store. Just try to imagine holding 12 ten pound sacks for even a greater comparison! You Look Great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!