What food is most likely to derail your diet?

Options

Replies

• littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My husband has a tub of muesli with these delicious sweet oat clusters on the kitchen counter, I had gotten into the bad habit of grazing on it.

Of course muesli is awesome but nibbling on it adds up.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter - if it's not an inch thick I don't want any. It's awful to scale back :( Other culprits include cheese, chips, any small size chocolate bar and trail mix. I love snack-y foods and will munch away if left to my own devices.
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Foods! all the foods... This is why I'm here :tongue:

But yeah chocolate and nuts are a particular weakness. I actually keep my peanut butter in the boot of my car so I actually have to make the decision to eat it otherwise I swear it just disappears and I have no idea how cos I live alone

funny-memes-too-much-peanut-butter
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Foods! all the foods... This is why I'm here :tongue:

But yeah chocolate and nuts are a particular weakness. I actually keep my peanut butter in the boot of my car so I actually have to make the decision to eat it otherwise I swear it just disappears and I have no idea how cos I live alone

funny-memes-too-much-peanut-butter

Derailment comes to me in the form of Cheeseburgers, Fries, oh and "Topic's" - anyone from the UK will know the awesomeness of topic bars :) and whilst we are there Starbars, Boost, Double Decker, Spira, Wispa Gold, Turkish Delight, and icecream!

Also derailment came a month ago when I was in Italy for work and walked past some restaurant with the smell of fresh Italian pizza emanating from it!
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet at all and anything covered in cheese. Makes me want them just writing about them. For me if its not in the house I just dont eat it - but if it is in the house my mind will not stop thinking about them until I just eat them to get them out of the house. My mind is out to get me !!
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Anything sweet at all and anything covered in cheese. Makes me want them just writing about them. For me if its not in the house I just dont eat it - but if it is in the house my mind will not stop thinking about them until I just eat them to get them out of the house. My mind is out to get me !!

This thing doesn't work when you work in London with awesome food on every corner :(
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    margaritas that are unplanned do me in every single time. its comes to preplanning. you can eat anything you want just in moderation
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any kind of sweets.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's not the food really - its the amount of food that can be the problem!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    @theITcrowd1

You're right Jen, It's that flipping bad junk food!!
  • savannxhsmiles
    Options
    lemon pepper wings from wing stop (ugh :love: )
    pizza topped with mushrooms, sausage & bell peppers
    { i'm not tempted by any other pizza so i'm good with that. }
    chocolates. which was a problem for me this valentines day.
    sour punch straws, strawberry flavored.
    sour patch kids: berries.
    green monster energy drink.
    potato wedges covered in cheese & bacon.

ugh

i avoid ALL of them, because i am still learning portion control. but once i know how to control myself better, i'm hoping i'll be able to eat those foods from time to time.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    McDonalds. I love it. It is my go-to fast food. I ate it about twice a month before this. Now I just can't even go. I even show up with my low calorie choices written down on a note, but the second I walk in I order my 1000 calorie usual lol. Now I reserve it only for special occasions or days I worked out a lot lol.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Crisps. I just prefer not to have them around the house.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Nope, Cereal is not a strange food to binge on! I do it ALL the time........I am addicted to them!

Especially

Crunchy Nut
    Granola
    Shreddies
    Fruit & Nut
    Cheerios ETC

All full of sugar and naughty ; )

Also like a binge on chocolate & chocolate biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pop chips!!
  • esugrue
    esugrue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pizza - I can't resist pizza!

And Pop Chips - but I get them in portion control single serves and can stop at just one!
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Pastries (muffins, cookies, scones, etc...),
    & chocolate,
    & ice cream
  • RetiredAvidHiker
    Options
    Pizza!! Pizza!!
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To fit the British stereotype completely.. It has to be biscuits and tea for me. Nothing as comforting as a milky cup of tea and biscuits to dunk in!

I do not buy biscuits as I will eat the whole packet. Especially maryland cookies or chocolate digestives etc.. SO good.

I also find it hard to resist any bread that is given with main courses or before starters at restaurants etc...

These are also pretty tempting:
    Cake
    Chocolate
    Salted nuts
    ICE CREAM. Forgot this one. This is majorly hard to only have a small bowl of. Ben and Jerrys you are pure evil.

:) xx
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Starbucks Venti Caramel Frappuccino ! Yum...Cannot even drive toward a Starbucks !