Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What food is most likely to derail your diet?

12346»

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Homemade pizza. I always intend to eat only one serving and end up eating at least 2 (but oh so good)!!
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Krispy Kremes and double IPA's
  • I try not to let any food derail my eating. I enjoy everything in moderation and budget for those foods. If there is one vice, I'd have to say dark chocolate.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    It used to be potato chips, or anything in the chip family---Fritos, Doritos etc. it seems as if I've gotten a handle on portioning even these however. We had a large bag of Lays chips and it was hanging around for almost a week. I actually put them on my food scale and weighed two servings at a time.

Normally that bag wouldn't have lasted the night, salty and crunchy, love it. Add creamy. like some onion dip and holy moses diet derailed!!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Good cheese. I can portion out a reasonable amount of a decent but not extraordinary cheese, like a sharp cheddar from the grocery store or American "Parmesan", but get me near the really high-end artisanal stuff and I'm a goner. Luckily that's a self-regulating problem since artisanal cheese is so expensive it would be a special-occasion treat even if I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Homemade cookies are dangerous too, because each one is so small my brain refuses to accept they're as full of calories as they are.
  • starkitty4
    starkitty4 Posts: 17 Member
    Pretty much any carbs: pasta THE WORST FOR ME bread, noodles, potatoes.. And cake OH DEAR GOD I OOVE CAKE.. Chocolate not as bad but I still love it..
    I eat carbs in some form (usually pasta or bread) pretty much every day but I make sure I fit it into my calorie goals and if I go over I know I have to work it off :-)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    CHIPS and SALSA - not so bad if you can quit after a few. Oh, those never ending baskets at Mexican restaurants!
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 50 Member
    Bread for me. I like any kind of bread, but my favourite is soft fresh white bread with cold hard butter - in about equal quantities!

I had multiple bilateral pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in both lungs) and the haematologist I saw on January 31, 2014, told me to lose weight if I wanted to prevent any more. So that's why I'm here, and that's why I have whole-grain low-sodium bread in the house. And some unsalted Matzos for when I'm totally desperate! :)
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 50 Member
    Good for you Lennonluv, having the chips there and not eating them! I stopped using salt last December and I'm just astonished that I can now eat eggs just plain, fried or poached or scrambled, when before I used to eat them crunchy with salt. I'm hoping to learn that same thing about quantity of food. Good luck to you!