Do I have to eat over 1200 calories a day?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Susie, I think you should kill this thread. Don't respond anymore or whatever you gotta do.

There is way too much going on here and people are all on the defensive.

We all appreciate the feedback from other people, but bottom line is tough love doesnt work for everybody. Also, more protein, less carbs, less sugars, more sugars do not work for all. So while sharing your experience is great and helpful, you shouldnt force your ideas on people and get mad when they dont agree with it.

My opinion. Shrug.:ohwell:

There is a lot of great info in this thread. Why should she stop it if she is getting good information? Jonnythan especially gave some great info, and he didn't just pull it out of thin air, it is research proven effective for weight loss - not just personal experience.

My opinion.

I just feel like this thread has spiraled out of control. 1/2 of it has good information, 1/2 of it is a debate. & people aren't reading the whole thread. Considering she has emotional issues about dieting, I just felt it might be best to forget this thread and start a new. Wasnt trying to discredit anyone's information.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Susie, I think you should kill this thread. Don't respond anymore or whatever you gotta do.

We all appreciate the feedback from other people, but bottom line is tough love doesnt work for everybody. Also, more protein, less carbs, less sugars, more sugars do not work for all. So while sharing your experience is great and helpful, you shouldnt force your ideas on people and get mad when they dont agree with it.

There is a lot of great info in this thread. Why should she stop it if she is getting good information? Jonnythan especially gave some great info, and he didn't just pull it out of thin air, it is research proven effective for weight loss - not just personal experience.

My opinion.

^This. My opinion as well.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

My opinion.

I just feel like this thread has spiraled out of control. 1/2 of it has good information, 1/2 of it is a debate. & people aren't reading the whole thread. Considering she has emotional issues about dieting, I just felt it might be best to forget this thread and start a new. Wasnt trying to discredit anyone's information.

Starting a new thread isn't a guarantee that another thread would go any differently, and since all of the issues are out there in this thread, makes sense to not have to go through it all again.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I would, however, like to limit the amount of ADVICE (telling me what to do) and try to stick to the main topic.

:huh:

Agree. *facepalm*

Sometimes you just need to let people live and learn.
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just bought a food scale and you would be surprised how off some measurements really are. I was guessing at my calorie intake before and it was much higher than I thought. What I thought was 1200 calories, was probably 1500-1600. I now measure EVERYTHING. I make time to measure, because I deserve it!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

My opinion.

Starting a new thread isn't a guarantee that another thread would go any differently, and since all of the issues are out there in this thread, makes sense to not have to go through it all again.

And creating multiple threads on the same thing isn't just against the CG, but people will just end up either not helping at all or simply saying, "You got a lot of good advice in your other threads."

The best bet would to really be looking at what has been said already.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    My fault, I didnt mean like start a new thread. Just start fresh and explore some other threads.

But I see what you guys are saying ...

Cheers! :drinker:
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options

It already consumes me. I don't know any other way to put it other than the more I use my measuring cups, the more I hate food.

Do you have a food scale? The "tare" button makes it really easy to add multiple foods to a plate without using a bunch of different containers.
    It's really as easy as scooping food onto a plate. Except instead of the plate being on the counter, it's on the food scale.

This is how I do it. I use the TARE button in between weighing items. I tare after adding my plate, then after my protein, veggies, etc. I find this method much easier than washing out measuring cups every time.
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. There is a lot of great advice posted in this thread! I need more time to look over my calculations and compare them with what I'm reading.