What is the one thing you can not over look when dating?

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just went out with a guy who must have told me he was a couch potato at least six times during the evening. What a turn off!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Homophobia
    Racism
    Hardcore Republicans
    Horrible grammar
    Misogynists
    Grown men who spend ridiculous amounts of their time playing video games
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well after reading this topic I've just ordered a teeth whitening kit :/

Lol

No doubt! I was reading along and thought, "I cannot be the only person that had to stop and go brush their teeth again at some point in this thread."
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well after reading this topic I've just ordered a teeth whitening kit :/

Lol

No doubt! I was reading along and thought, "I cannot be the only person that had to stop and go brush their teeth again at some point in this thread."

2 fakes because of a fight when I was 16, crowding in the bottom, and yellow because I wasn't brushing them as much as I should when I was a kid... I'm glad it's more the yellow than crowding that seems to put women off though as it's easier to do something about, it just annoys me when people assume it's due to not brushing (in the last 10 years anyway).
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    After reading these, some of you people are...wow...just....wow
    This thread is very full of TL;DR..

Bet my mom would make a list and then wonder why she can't find someone with all of the qualities she doesn't want.

I think that is what undesirable people do. Create an impossible list, then complain when they are single because no one can meet their standards.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    After reading these, some of you people are...wow...just....wow
    This thread is very full of TL;DR..

Bet my mom would make a list and then wonder why she can't find someone with all of the qualities she doesn't want.

I think that is what undesirable people do. Create an impossible list, then complain when they are single because no one can meet their standards.
    Her attitude makes her this "undesirable" person..
    Don't get me wrong, I love my mom.. But her attitude is the worst thing ever...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Bad personal hygiene :sick:
  • AshwinA7
    AshwinA7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Someone who was conservative/Republican.

That definitely can't work.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just one???? LOL

I have several, but most recently I've run across these that bother the heck out of me: Lives with parents or has room mates. Different if you're younger - but if you're 35, 40+.....definitely a bad thing (not withstanding special circumstances, like sick parents, etc.) Need some independence.

Ok, can't do just one. I have to add DRAMA. Was dating someone for the last two years and soooooo much drama!!!!! Yes, he's a guy and tons of drama. Couldn't do it anymore.
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Anyone even remotely resembling my ex-husband (talking about personality, habits etc, not about looks).
    Someone controlling and manipulative.
    Someone harbouring bitterness and resentment towards women.
    Someone with a nasty, jealous streak.
    Most other things are negotiable.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    extreme machismo! ugh:noway:

A man must be a MAN

If u don't like it , date a female

Nailed it.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    being a biotch to my bros - that ish wont fly
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date a man if he smoked, drank to excess, had a drug problem, was unemployed, had kids, was divorced, didn't own a car, or didn't live on his own (whether that be an apartment or house).

Luckily I don't have to worry about it because I have my perfect match.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Someone who was conservative/Republican.

That definitely can't work.

+1
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    nose picking - can't over look it.

^^^ THIS and unemployment, and being divorced... and nose picking... owh nose picking is a big one! Problem is I fell for that one already
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    Height. I will never and have never dated a man who is shorter than me (5'7).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

You know, I do hate the smoking. But my fiance is a smoker (which I'm not happy about, but I love him, so ...) and you wouldn't know it unless you actually saw the cigarettes. He doesn't smell like he smokes at all, his breath is fine and I never taste it on him. Of course, he NEVER smokes inside. Neither of us wants to live in a stinky house.

I think if we split up, though, I wouldn't date another smoker. At this point, it's about the future health concerns more than anything else. A good friend of his died from lung cancer a few years ago, but that wasn't enough incentive to get him to quit. :-/

I felt similarly about my ex's smoking. He was a lot like your fiancé - I never smelled it on him, he took care of his teeth, he didn't smoke indoors or in the car, and when we were out in a restaurant or at the movies he had no problem at all with going many hours w/o a cigarette. We sometimes went out with another couple who were both smokers and they would be jonesing for a cigarette every 15-20 min and I thought, man...if my partner was a smoker to that level there's just NO WAY...

I'm so happy my husband has never smoked and lives a very healthy life, though! :-)
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No job
    No respect
    Poor hygiene
    SMOKER

That was my top 4....I've now been married 4 years next month....so glad I no longer have to pull out my check list!
  • RayF24
    RayF24 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yellow teeth