Girls--do you wash your hair everyday after workouts?

Options
So the thing that puts me off about working up a sweat everyday is that I have to wash my hair everyday. Washing hair daily dries out and damages the hair. It's recommended to shampoo it every other day instead of everyday, which was my usual routine until I started working out. Because I felt gross if I didn't wash my hair, I started washing it all the time and now my hair has gotten dryer and frizzier. Not to mention that it now gets greasy way faster since I've thrown the sebum production out of balance (since shampoo strips natural oils, your body produces more oil to compensate which means greasier hair). How do you girls deal with this problem? I've tried just washing with water, but that doesnt really clean my hair so we're back at square one.

Replies

• Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wash it every other day. The days I don't, I wear a hat and hope nobody picks up on the pattern.
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I take a hot bath after my workout and only wet my hair. I try to only wash it every third day or so. Try dry shampoo if you're super greasy :) But brush that oil through your hair first - it's great natural conditioner!!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair once a week LOL
  • deereb123
    deereb123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wash it everyday. I don't generally use heating products (dryer, flat iron).
  • ainokea8
    Options
    I wash it every other day. The days I don't, I wear a hat and hope nobody picks up on the pattern.

good tip! Since it's winter I think it'll also be easier to get away with always wearing a hat ;)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If I have to go to work the next day, I'll wash my hair. If not, I let it be and just rinse it out or use dry shampoo lol
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tend to only use shampoo once a week and I use conditioner every shower after a workout. I have really thick curly/wavy hair so it frizzes a lot
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Nope, just rinse, what a minger!

I have curly hair, it goes frizzy when I shampoo it too often.
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tend to only use shampoo once a week and I use conditioner every shower after a workout. I have really thick curly/wavy hair so it frizzes a lot
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Once a week here. Love me some post workout messy hair.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have short hair however i wash it EVERYDAY
  • bellaphile
    bellaphile Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wash it everyday. I don't generally use heating products (dryer, flat iron).

Same. I wash it every day and condition it once a week (if I remember). My hair looks like I've been on The Walking Dead if I go a day without washing!
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have very naturally oily hair. If I don't wash it every day, it looks pretty nasty. I wash every day and ESPECIALLY after workouts. After I'm done working out and take out my pony tail holder my hair barely moves because the sweat has practically glued it to my head. It's pretty obvious when I don't wash my hair
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day even if I don't work out.

On the weekends I cover my hair in coconut oil and leave it for half an hour, then wash it out. It leaves my hair so soft!
  • iwtfytj
    iwtfytj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wash daily and condition once a week. I have very fine hair, and it gets greasy really quickly which tends to be exacerbated by sweat.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every other day with out without working out..i always put it up off my face when im working out and if I need when I take a shower ill just wet the back and front of it quickly...I bleach my hair and if I washed it after every work out it would break even more then I does...I also ugh the spray on dry shampoo to make it smell good when I don't wash it :)
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My hair is down to my lower rear so washing it every day would be a huge hassle. I wash it twice a week and usually wear it in a braid anyways because it tends to get in my way if I don't.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day :)
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have always washed my hair everyday. I schedule my bath & hair wash after workout. It needs to be washed everyday to look its best and for me to feel at my best.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    I usually wash my hair every other day unless I have some where to go and I don't want to look like a mess. It's to hard on my hair to wash it every day. If you don't like the way I look on the days I don't wash it, then don't look at me! :bigsmile: