i have 5 months to loss 80-100 lbs { help } any ideas

Options
I would like to loss 80-100 lbs by end of july. my family is planning a vaction to the beach and I want to feel and look better then what I do now so im open to ideas {help}

Replies

• cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think if you lose that much weight in 5 months it may be done in an unhealthy weight. The best weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. That would give you around 40 lbs.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My first question when opening this was how painful of a death are you being threatened with if you don't reach you're goal. That being said, it seems like that's a pretty hefty goal to reach. What is your height/weight at the moment? How active are you currently? How well do you currently eat?

The bigger you are, the more you can lose quickly (to start), but this isn't a rushing game. Take a yard at a time. Hey, even if you only lost 25 lbs before your vacation, you will still look fantastic, and feel a whole lot better.

Hang in there, give us the rest of the info we need.

Andrew
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To lose that big of an amount of weight by the end of July, which is approximately 23 weeks is an extremely challenging feat. This site does not encourage loss of more than 2 lbs a week, which would put you at 46lbs lost. Although initially starting can have you losing more weight in the beginning when you have more to lose, you will eventually end up either slowing down or plateauing in your weight loss. Since your goals are approximately double what MFP suggests is healthy, I would sincerely suggest that if this is truly your goal, that you seek professional help. That drastic of a weight loss would be better off supervised by a physician, nutritionist, and a certified/experienced personal trainer.
  • jagged95
    jagged95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is a ton of weigh to lose in that amount of time. Stick with the 2 lb. weight loss per week on MFP - and STICK TO IT. You can't cheat it or lie to the MFP as you'll only hinder your success. If you're slightly under some days, all the power to you! But thinking that you can drop 80-100 without medical supervision in that short amount of time is unrealistic, not to mention it would be detrimental possibly to your health. Stick with the MFP and possibly get a workout buddy or a trainer to get you motivated. This can be your jump start to a long term goal.

And if lose 30 pounds, you'll look and feel better. And next year, maybe you will be at your goal weight and what better way to celebrate then vacationing with all new apparel?!?! Don't quit just because it's taking time-- the time will pass no matter what you do. A year from now you will have wished you started today.

Best wishes!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I think if you lose that much weight in 5 months it may be done in an unhealthy weight. The best weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. That would give you around 40 lbs.
    ^^^This.

But you can keep going & lose the rest after your vacation.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    I think you can get close to that number with hard work and doing it healthy, I would start with lots and lots of water exercise every day, protein, green veggies, documenting everything ! Do not eat processed foods !
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I would like to loss 80-100 lbs by end of july. my family is planning a vaction to the beach and I want to feel and look better then what I do now so im open to ideas {help}

It's not possible and even if you did some how drop that much weight you wont look good in a bathing suit due to all the skin that will be hanging off of your body.

Edit: I really hope this was a troll or a joke btw
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    that is too much to lose in that amount of time. You need to set a realistic goal
  • Fitastic14
    Options

You need a plan. And this cannot be stressed enough: CONSISTENCY is key!

While your goal can seem awful demanding...it is very attainable...just work at it every day, remember your goals...make sacrifices for what you really want.

I've been working my plan: 3 meals & 3 miles, every day...and I've been doing awesome! =)

You can do this...and you will...if you want it bad enough! ...but DON'T overdo it!

Good luck!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No. Lose the weight you can, enjoy your vacation and the summer after you should be at goal weight.
  • fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I understand wanting to lose weight fast. Personally I have a vacation planned for 3 months from now, but I know setting too lofty a goal is just setting myself up for disappointment.

There may be weeks when you lose a larger amount of weight, but there may be weeks you stay the same. this is a normal part of weight loss and is is far to easy to beat ourselves up over it. My suggestion is that you eat healthy, drink lots of water and add more exercise. Don't cut calories drastically or it may throw off your metabolism. Healthy is the key, whatever program you choose.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    That's not going to happen. :noway:

Follow the guide to sexypants link and you'll be there this time next year for sure. :drinker:

Great luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Start earlier next time.

Your aggressive goal will set you up for a whole bunch of failure. If you are truly ready to make some changes, read the link provided up thread and all of the links in it.
  • chicacaballero84
    chicacaballero84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My first question when opening this was how painful of a death are you being threatened with if you don't reach you're goal. That being said, it seems like that's a pretty hefty goal to reach. What is your height/weight at the moment? How active are you currently? How well do you currently eat?

The bigger you are, the more you can lose quickly (to start), but this isn't a rushing game. Take a yard at a time. Hey, even if you only lost 25 lbs before your vacation, you will still look fantastic, and feel a whole lot better.

Andrew

no 1 is pushing me I just want to loss weight im tired of being over weight im 5'1 and im nt going to tell my weight lol but im short/big
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Start earlier next time.

Your aggressive goal will set you up for a whole bunch of failure. If you are truly ready to make some changes, read the link provided up thread and all of the links in it.

This.

There is no timeline. Setting arbitrary goals that could have a negative impact on your health is not the way to start losing.

Lose what you can safely and go thinner than you are now. But don't give yourself an unattainable goal and ruin your whole vacation obsessing about it.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal !!
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose that weight healthily but you really need to see a doctor on a regular basis who specialize in this type of weight loss.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm far from an expert but I agree with most of the people on here--if you lose too much too fast you won't have the "bikini body" you're probably picturing--lots of loose skin, wrinkles, etc.

Keep in mind too that no one at the beach knows whether you just lost 10 lbs or 500. And they don't care. If you show up weighing 135, there will be someone there weighing 130 who's been in supermodel shape her whole life. You have to do what's good for YOU and not worry about other people around you.

Ultimately I want to lose 32 more lbs, but if I lose 5 by my next beach vacation (the beach is 10 miles away....lol) then I'll be happy--for all the people there know, I may have just lost 500 lbs and have the best body of my life. They don't know, make it about you, not them.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Andrew

no 1 is pushing me I just want to loss weight im tired of being over weight im 5'1 and im nt going to tell my weight lol but im short/big

There's nothing embarrassing about telling people your weight, especially on a website. Everyone here is just trying to help, and people need accurate information to give more sound advice. My comment was facetious pertaining to the title of your post, not literal. I know you are tired of being overweight, but it didn't come on instantly, it won't come off instantly. It's a time game with hardwork.

Andrew
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm far from an expert but I agree with most of the people on here--if you lose too much too fast you won't have the "bikini body" you're probably picturing--lots of loose skin, wrinkles, etc.

Keep in mind too that no one at the beach knows whether you just lost 10 lbs or 500. And they don't care. If you show up weighing 135, there will be someone there weighing 130 who's been in supermodel shape her whole life. You have to do what's good for YOU and not worry about other people around you.

Ultimately I want to lose 32 more lbs, but if I lose 5 by my next beach vacation (the beach is 10 miles away....lol) then I'll be happy--for all the people there know, I may have just lost 500 lbs and have the best body of my life. They don't know, make it about you, not them.

Here! Here!