Swim suit approprate?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to walk around in a bikini and shorts and flip flops in the summer on the weekend? Where is the line drawn on where this is appropriate and not? gas station run, grocery store to grab something quick, around town? how about if your just in your yard doing chores, walking around ect. By the way I am 27 if that is to be considered.
    I would say no to places like malls and grocery stores or restaurants (except an outdoorsy place on the beach or by the river or something).

In your own yard, do whatever you want.

But be careful. I once threw on a bikini and coverup to go swim laps. Stopped at a gas station because my car was on empty. Filled up, got back in and my car would not start. I was stuck there a long time. AAA was an hour (at least) away. lol

On the bright side, many men nearby were falling over themselves to help and one finally got my car started (dead battery) before AAA got there.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Is it ok to walk around in a bikini and shorts and flip flops in the summer on the weekend? Where is the line drawn on where this is appropriate and not? gas station run, grocery store to grab something quick, around town? how about if your just in your yard doing chores, walking around ect. By the way I am 27 if that is to be considered.

if you're the one wearing the bikini its up to you where you wear it, surely? why be bothered about what anyone else thinks? you're 27, not 7, you can make your own choices and do what you want...

This young lady might actually not be bothered about what other people think. She might just actually be being respectful and taking into consideration of other peoples opinions on whether it is appropriate or not. You know possibly a Mom with a couple young children or some elderly folks. If this is the case I think it's great that she is taking other peoples views into consideration. Wise beyond her years. If this is not the case, well just wear the damn bikini!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I live in South Florida and this is not uncommon at all. A lot of people have pools and the beach is nearby, so I see people in the grocery store all the time with bikini tops/shorts. I *personally* will throw a tank top over the bikini but that's just me.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

It kinda depends on where you are. In Miami, thats totally fine. Galveston Island...sure? San Diego? Go for it. Cape Cod...not as much. Denver? What is wrong with you...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Do you live in a beach town?

This is about the only time the answer is "it's fine."

It's not fine if it isn't the customary attire, and you're not heading to a pool or ocean of some sort.

This is coming from someone who would wear a bikini at all times if I could, but you have to consider the local customs. Just like wearing short shorts to temples in Indonesia would be offensive, if it isn't part of the culture, you shouldn't do it. I wore a bikini with a swim cover almost daily when I lived on the beach. I wouldn't do it in my conservative, suburban neighborhood now because I know it would make the neighbors uncomfortable even though I have a pool.

My bikini is now like a mullet: Business in the front (yard), party in the back (yard)
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sure, I would love to see all the girls wearing a Bikini all the time!!!!!!!!!

You do NOT want to see me in a bikini. Trust me on this.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much attention you feel you need that day I suppose.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont think stores are appropriate (no shirt, no service - ya know)..... but I think around your own home and even out door chores is OK considering you have shorts on. I think if you need to get in a car to get there you should throw on a tank top.

If you live in a beach town you can get away with it in more places.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Do what you feel comfortable in.

Who cares what others think?

It's all their beliefs and perceptions anyways.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Make sure if you do wear it all the time to glare at people for gawking :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    its a personal preference. For me, if I am not at a beach, lake or pool, then I would personally throw on some shorts and a top. If you feel comfortable enough to walk around in a bikini, by all means.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Beach towns in any establishment ~2 miles or less from the water, rock it.

Otherwise, probably cover it up. (As bad as that pains me to say...)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i just wear a little itsie bitsie g string bikini, all the time, anywhere.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    You can wear one around my house whenever you want,. LMAO..................JOKING of course!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on where you live. I used to live on an island off the coast of southern Florida and everywhere you looked that was what most women wear and it was pretty much my summer wardrobe. I live on the central coast of California now and generally only see it in the summer in the beach towns. But I'd rock the look ;-)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm a Skank

Fixed for you (not me)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    On the way to the beach once, I stopped for gas in my bikini top and shorts. A little girl (maybe 10) grabbed my boob. I think she was disabled, but it was still jarring. I laughed and said "omg she grabbed my boob" and her mom turns around and says "Maybe you shouldn't dress like a *kitten*."

Ok, lady. :flowerforyou:
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I usually only wear my bikini in private.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    On the way to the beach once, I stopped for gas in my bikini top and shorts. A little girl (maybe 10) grabbed my boob. I think she was disabled, but it was still jarring. I laughed and said "omg she grabbed my boob" and her mom turns around and says "Maybe you shouldn't dress like a *kitten*."

Ok, lady. :flowerforyou:

Obviously swimming in the disease infested water makes you a *kitten*! What reasonable person swims?