5ft tall women.....what is your goal weight??

Options
I'm 35 and 5 ft tall. I'm not really sure what my goal weight should be. Just wondering what other 5 footer's goal weight is? If you've already made it to goal, what is that weight for you?

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I count-- I'm 1 inch taller than you. :) But my goal weight is 108, and if I get there, I would like to get to 105 (unless having nice muscles means I can't get to there, as I'm more going for shapeliness than a very particular weight). I have a medium/small frame and am 26.

I'm finding losing weight very hard since I only have a few pounds to get rid of and it's really hard to eat little enough to lose anything for me! Do you find it hard?
  • lacar60299
    lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, so right now I'm finding it pretty easy. I have my goal set for 117.5 right now, so maybe when I get closer to that number it will get a little harder.
  • valmegb
    valmegb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm more or less 5 ft and I'm 35 in August so pretty much the same as you!

I'm aiming for 119 lbs at the mo but would live to be smaller but wanted to aim for a realistic goal first. Aiming for mid bmi but as I have big boobs I don't think I could go much smaller or I might look a bit wierd!

Some support would be good too as I'm really struggling.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and 25 years old. I was initially thinking 105, but that will probably change once I start lifting weights. I'm going to go based off of my body fat and composition, and not the scale :) Also, whichever weight I feel good at works for me.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0", 28 years old, and I got down to 107 before I became pregnant again, and I wasn't quite done. That said, it wasn't about the number anymore as I was becoming stronger for the first time in my life and starting to lift a bit more. I have no idea where the scale would settle out, but my body at 107 wasn't quite right yet at the time (but I looked better than I had in ages!). I was always a weakling though, so I'm excited to get fit again, and get STRONG, and see what that looks like!

I have photos and measurements on my myfitnesspal blog if you wanted to check them out (last weight loss photos were taken at about 111 lbs):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2"ish and I hover around 150 lbs right now. Ideally, I'd like to be more around 120. The weight doesn't matter as much as the pants size does to me. I just feel like I'll never be one of those girls who weigh 100 lbs only. I just don't have the frame.
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    5'2 and goal of 125 or whatever looks amazing one me :) As long as I'm healthy and happy, I don't care much what the scale says.
  • Relle3
    Relle3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 my goal weight is 125lbs possibly 120 but I think I will be happy with 125
  • stalyn151
    stalyn151 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 26. My goal is ~110 give or take, I want to shred a lot of fat but also want to build a lot of muscle. Not sure what the scale will say, just hoping to have a lot less % body fat!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have a goal of 150 (started out at 198). I am very muscular though with very wide shoulders and a stocky build, so I will probably never be as light as others. 150 is what I weighed in college when playing on my university's women's rugby team and I was in awesome shape, so if I can get back to that I will be happy. For me, 135 would probably be the lowest I'd be willing to get because below that and I look sickly.
  • kristensaav
    kristensaav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5 ft 2 and decided on 115!
  • jodikilleffer
    Options
    Hi! I am 4'11". I would be happy, very happy at 120lbs!
  • ewinge
    ewinge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 4"11 and my goal is 118. I am 131 right now and 118 is considered the high end for my height to not be considered "overweight"
  • HudaSaman
    Options
    Im 5'2 my goal is 128, im 10 lbs far from that. But the measures really matter more to me.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 28 years old, currently weigh about 147 and wear a size 6. I'd like to be about 135 and would probably wear a 4. I'm very muscular and can't imagine weighing anything under 125-130... don't think it would look healthy on me personally.
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 feet. 39 years old. I am currently 112, size 2. I'm still not quite where I want to be, so first goal weight is 110 and we'll see where it goes from there.
  • beccameachum
    Options
    Hi all, I'm, 32, 5'1 and my current weight is 245. When I graduated from high school I weighed 105 and looked too skinny. I never want to be back down to that size, I don't know if it is even possible. I'd be happy with 180lbs and just being out of plus size clothing. That is my ultimate goal. Whatever happens from there is just a bonus.
  • anphi14
    anphi14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, 5'0 and my UGW is like 115-120
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and I initially set my goal to 130 but now that I'm within 5 pounds of that I think I will shoot for 120 - 125.
  • hmblhrt
    Options
    I'm 49yrs old and 5ft 4in. When I was in the Air Force back in the 1980s I had to keep my weight at 124lbs. I would love to see 130lbs again but that's 2 kids and alot of years later, but I'll give it a shot I only have 40lbs to lose! We'll do this together!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!