Guys-if I can, you can! 1 year, almost 70lbs w/photos

Options

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    That's really inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on kicking smoking, too. People have told me it's the hardest thing they've ever done. I didn't think I'd ever kick my soda habit, but it's been about 12 weeks since I've touched one.

Thanks! Having smoked for 30 years I was desperate to quit, quitting smoking is harder than loosing weight (or was for me anyway) and I am glad I made the choice to keep quit no matter what. I'd do it all over again if I had to. Great job on cutting out sugary soda, that stuff is poison in excess!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And, you look like Dennis Quaid. :)

^That's exactly what I was thinking!! Congrats!
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Options
    As an ex smoker I can relate to the struggle to quit and then to gain weight. I quit 2 1/2 years ago. You did the best thing for yourself and now you look and must feel fantastic. Congrats! (on both the smoking and weight loss!- isn't it great not to smoke!)
  • Hiker_Rob
    Options
    *Whistles* That you managed such remarkable progress in one year is amazing. Congratulations! I'm going to take your advice to heart. I choose to deprive myself of certain foods because I'm always afraid that once I start eating "bad foods" I won't stop, and that tends to be my downfall. I'm going to try and take your approach and focus on eating in moderation instead of total deprivation. It can't hurt to try.

Once again, congratulations! Thanks for posting your story and your pics to help inspire us!

You won't regret it! Moderation and Exercise (or at least some sort of daily physical activity) all the way
  • Hiker_Rob
    Options
    As an ex smoker I can relate to the struggle to quit and then to gain weight. I quit 2 1/2 years ago. You did the best thing for yourself and now you look and must feel fantastic. Congrats! (on both the smoking and weight loss!- isn't it great not to smoke!)

It is one of the greatest decisions I have ever made, I don't regret it for a minute! Thanks for the comments!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

What I've done is not complicated, it's all small steps, one day, one week, one month at a time. I make weekly changes that I incorporate into my life and build on them.

Great advice in a world that we want everything today. Congratulations, sir! You are an inspiration.
  • redrose1983
    Options
    Wow ... You look fantastic.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

What I've done is not complicated, it's all small steps, one day, one week, one month at a time. I make weekly changes that I incorporate into my life and build on them. I started small,

VISION: The conductor Mario Venzago said, "You can't convince musicians with words. You must convince them by your own vision that must be so strong they feel it and they come to you. You can conduct without a piton. You can conduct without a hand. But you can't conduct without a strong vision."

You didn't merely lose 70 pounds and in the process of accomplishing your goal; you have given people a vision.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look like a new man and younger too. The best thing is you don't just look like you lost weight, you look really fit too now. Good job!
  • ahawk56702
    ahawk56702 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good job. You look great!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Great JOB!!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishments !

My hubby & I gave up smoking decades ago ....... best decision ever !

Now we're losing weight by making different food choices ....... we still love pizza, pasta & ice cream, just not every day :laugh:

And I've been hitting the gym for cardio & weights ....... he's thinking about joining me .......

Best wishes & thanks for sharing !
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look like a whole new man!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Goddamn you look different! Good for you, brother! Seriously, you have done great things.

I quit smoking in October. Have somewhat allowed myself to relapse due to some bad stuff in my life. But I'm still struggling with getting to a weight / appearance that I want and it's probably been five years, at this point.

Damn proud of you. Keep it up.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Options

What I've done is not complicated, it's all small steps, one day, one week, one month at a time. I make weekly changes that I incorporate into my life and build on them. I started small,

VISION: The conductor Mario Venzago said, "You can't convince musicians with words. You must convince them by your own vision that must be so strong they feel it and they come to you. You can conduct without a piton. You can conduct without a hand. But you can't conduct without a strong vision."

You didn't merely lose 70 pounds and in the process of accomplishing your goal; you have given people a vision.

Thanks! I hope others do see that they can do this too! It's not always about the destination but the company along for the ride! :-)
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Dude, you are a beast. Amazing work. And an inspiration
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    To repeat what others have said . You look great !! Good job .. Thanks for posting .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!