Sugar linked to heart disease, even in thin folks

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    When you have insulin resistance, it's not so simple as just calories in vs. calories out. When you have insulin resistance, it does matter where those calories come from 100 calories from Cocoa puffs, vs. 100 calories from an egg are not treated the same in your body.

But whatever. Forget research. Forget about individual metabolisms and physiological reactions to different macros. You all know it it all.

Why would you eat eggs, they are insulinogenic!

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/66/5/1264.full.pdf+html

Never heard of this. Need to do more research. Maybe I need to eat more fish/meat at breakfast instead. Thanks for the info.

Maybe the poster is confused. Eggs are not any more insulinogenic that meat, fish or fowl. What however is more insulinogenic ( if one pays attention to it, I don't because I eat those items in moderation ) are milk products. There re studies that have indicated that even whey is more insulinogenic than white factory made bread.. I admit that this might be important for those who are insulin resistant to an extreme, but usually even those who are, can eat the occasional slice of cheese, yogurt and some cream on their potato.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I didn't get obese overeating protein and fat. I got obese overeating SUGAR.

So, no, obesity is not the CAUSE of heart disease or diabetes. But sugar is a prime suspect.

No ... you got obese overeating. Period. Your claims here that anyone taking issue with this study is addicted to sugars is as absurd as your blaming only sugar for your obesity.

Now back to your laughable attempt at fear mongering.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

68 teaspoons per day........seems like a lot of sugar. Whole lot of white stuff!

Wait. The addictive white stuff is sugar?

Half of Miami has been doing it wrong.

I guess "The Simpsons" isn't aired in Miami.

tumblr_llrl3265wB1qh59n0o1_500.gif

lol!

I can't believe this thread is still going. Ok. Yea, I can. Usual suspects and whatnot. Off to go blow my heart out with some chocolate . . .