Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NOW I WANT PIZZA
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Not a big pizza eater. I enjoy it, but it's a high year for me if I have it 5 times.

However, unless it's a mega trigger food for you, I've never understood why pizza ends up being such an enemy food. It's a very versatile, malleable dish that can be pretty easily melded into almost any plan. Heck even when I was low carbing there was a local health food restaurant that made pretty incredible chicken and pineapple pizza with a low carb flaxseed crust.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just eat the pizza, but eat LESS of it. One slice with a big salad - eat the salad first, then enjoy the pizza.

This. Isn't all this about learning how to eat all the good stuff in moderation anyway? (At least for me). I always try halving it before i try substituting it - works great so far.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cauliflower crust pizza?

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    1) Go someplace that sells pizza by the slice or very small pizzas and fit it in

2) Learn to make your own with whole grain wheat and lots of veggies on the weekends - it will probably keep from craving pizza during the week

3) Lean Cuisine Deluxe is better than most pizzas around. Unless you you are getting stone oven pizza - then go back to number 1.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    close-enough-healthy-eating-meme.png

No, really.

:laugh: I love this! :love:

I am going to say the same thing as everyone else. Have the pizza just make sure you fit it into your daily allowance. I had pizza last night for dinner and ate the leftovers for lunch today. It's ok to eat pizza every now and then. :flowerforyou:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Have some pizza, just serve yourself the amount you need to stick to fit into your daily goals. Enjoy what you eat, savor it. That's the key. You don't have to give up the foods you love to lose weight, you just have to learn to eat less of them.
  • Cadaverous_Bones
    Options
    when ordering pizza from a restaurant get thin crust and light sauce, and add veggies to it instead of just pepperoni or whatever. also you can make your own pizza and there are a lot of alternatives to the crust you can make like zucchini crust etc! just google some recipes!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Thin Crust Veggie. I love the sauce. Sauce is not the devil. My husband thinks I am the devil for getting veggies on a pizza that doesn't have meats.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I eat half a Red Baron pepperoni thin crust pizza almost weekly. It's 600 calories, and it's da bomb.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I know what it means. Sometimes I get HUGE pizza cravings. I'm Italian and I couldn't probably crave something as much as I crave pizza. But, you know what? Every and each diet I've ever tried always had a pizza on Sunday. Unless you're on 1200 kcals a day, it shouldn't be extremely hard to make a pizza fit into your daily intake. (Even if I can personally even make it fit in 1200 total kcals... if I eat my exercise calories back). Choose a margherita pizza if you can, you can always put some veggies on it, especially if you've already got them at home.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Also 2 pieces of pizza isn't going to kill you, the whole thing might though!

:huh:

I regularly eat an entire pizza. I particularly like the Newman's Own pizzas...the whole thing is about 900 calories. Throw some chicken on top and call it a meal.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    order a GIANT salad and two slices of your craving. eat all of the salad first. enjoy slices.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have 2 slices with veggies just count it in your calories for the day. I can't live without pizza. I have it weekly. Yum Yum
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eat 9 apples.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had 4 pieces last night. holla
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza. Thin crust is easier to fit in on lower calories. Go lower in fat for the rest of your choices that day. Pre-log, pre-plan. Eat pizza. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smokin:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Eat 9 apples.

Sounds like a bad poop experience just waiting to happen.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own pizza mostly and I share it..I buy a premade crust and buy the ingredients I want..grilled chicken, shredded cheese, turkey pepperoni are all my preferences...but be creative with it or do what most of the others suggest, just order a pizza and keep it a few slices. 1 cheat meal is not going to kill your week. :)
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    DiGiorno makes a small thin crust pizza (about the size of a dinner plate). The one with pepperoni and sweet peppers is 370 calories for half the pizza. That usually takes care of my pizza craving, and I can fit it into my macros pretty easily. If I have the calories to spare, I'll go to the pizza shop near my house and get a slice or two and a big salad.