Pizza: want but ought not to have!

Options

Replies

• babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    English muffin pizzas!! Mmmmmm!!! Its my go-to to satisfy the craving if I don't want to get the real thing :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Are you in the states? My favorite pizza substitute is making english muffin pizzas. You can hyper control how much sauce and cheese goes on them, and you can make them ahead of time, then pop them in a toaster oven (we have one at work).

(But I know they don't have english muffins in england... do they have french fries in france?)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eat 9 apples.

Sounds like a bad poop experience just waiting to happen.

Maybe. .but by number 4 she won't want pizza anymore!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Are you in the states? My favorite pizza substitute is making english muffin pizzas. You can hyper control how much sauce and cheese goes on them, and you can make them ahead of time, then pop them in a toaster oven (we have one at work).

(But I know they don't have english muffins in england... do they have french fries in france?)

Aren't French Fries from like Holland or someplace like that?
  • madnut
    madnut Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This!! I love it XD
  • madnut
    Options
    Eat 9 apples.

Sounds like a bad poop experience just waiting to happen.

Maybe. .but by number 4 she won't want pizza anymore!

Hahaaaa worth a try! XD Medicinal laxatives are expensive, yo...
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    A lot of ppl are probably going to think this is gross, but I buy the Lean Cuisine pizzas and I like them. I try not to eat them every single day, but a few times a week I fill my quota for pizza and I get a little bit more bang for my caloric buck.

this, quick and cheap
  • madnut
    Options
    English muffin pizzas!! Mmmmmm!!! Its my go-to to satisfy the craving if I don't want to get the real thing :)

I'll try that, thanks! :D
  • madnut
    Options
    I had 4 pieces last night. holla

Love it... I can't stop at 4 though... A red mist descends and before I know it I've had the whole thing. :(
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cauliflower crust pizza?

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg

haha! I know! I know! but my boyfriend can eat pizza everyday all day and he even liked it. It is different of course, but if you always have a craving for pizza it is a better alternative than always starving all day in order to eat 5 slices of Dominos!
  • TomTomato
    Options
    I LOVE pizza as well. We usually make pizza with thin whole wheat crust. And like others said, MODERATION! If you have a good salad and drink plenty of water, hopefully you'll eat less pizza.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    if you want something not quick but fabulous. youtube socca pizza, half the carbs double the protein and vegan if you want
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cauliflower crust pizza? To die for! & a better on the carb side of things! & you can add what you want to it.

I always suggest homemade pizza, but easier said than done.

Also 2 pieces of pizza isn't going to kill you, the whole thing might though!

Have fun, eat pizza! I love pizza!

This sounds good!
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just planned my whole last Saturday around Pizza. My husband knows I am watching my caloric intake so he said he wanted A Pizza/Movie night and how would that work for me. At first I panicked then I just reminded myself that all foods are possible and nothing is off limits. I planned on two slices of pizza (700 calories) and just ate accordingly the rest of the day and stayed on track! Enjoy your pizza!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everyone just have pizza, I make room for it at least once a week because I love it.
  • pinksmama
    Options
    Gluten free crust and healthy toppings.. Food shall not be a dirty word.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Fathead crust pizza! I love it! Tastes better than *normal* crust and is filling!

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Totally had pizza for lunch!!! lol!

Logged that *kitten* and moved on!

Life is good!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Gluten free crust and healthy toppings.. Food shall not be a dirty word.

Why gluten free and what do you consider to be healthy toppings?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    On workout days (whether it be weights, hour+ cardio or both together), I can easily have a frozen supermarket pizza. I'll add most of a 'light' mozzarella ball, a load of lean meat, some onions.
    May have some salad too.
    As has been pointed out elsewhere on here - Pizza can be a pretty decent selection of macros for a good 'balance' if you choose carefully.