The Big Bad Gym Bully!

Options
Today I was called into the managers office of my gym. The manager explained to me that, I wasn’t in trouble but that he did received a complaint about me from one of the other members. I knew exactly who and what it was all about.

The day before, I was working out and saw “Mini Ipad” (that’s what I call her because I don’t know her name and she brings her mini ipad with her). Facts about “Mini Ipad”: 43+ years old, 5’6 around 120 LBS, She joined gym sometime in early January. She totes around her water bottle, towel,keys cell phone & of course her mini Ipad from machine to machine.

Back to the story… The day in question she was on the chest press machine and had 2 (5lb) and 1 (2.5) weight on each side. But she had them “sandwich style” with the 2.5 in between the 5LB plates. Anyways she was done with the machine and gathering up her stuff. I was going to use the machine next and there was no way in hell I was gonna rack her weights again (she does this all the time!).

So, right when she took her 1st steps away from the machine I said “RACK’EM” (loud enough for everyone to turn around and look) while pointing at the machine. She looked back at me, I kept directly eye contact with her until she racked her weights, I even said thank you.

This is exactly what happened and exactly what I told the manager he laughed about it but, apparently she’s told him that I’m the gym bully.

Really the gym bully?

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think you're a hero- she won't forget to do it now, I think! LOL
  • hjfischer
    Options
    Bravo, Gym Bully! People need to have common courtesy in the gym. It is really annoying to have to wipe a machine off because the dude before grunted and sweated for 40 minutes, then walked away or has 3 45 lb plates on bench press bar. I get some folks lift that, but not me. RACK EM!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    LOVE it!!!!!! Mini I pad needs to learn proper gym etiquette. I hope she's talked to as well now that they have the full story lol.????
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Was she wearing perfume, jewelry, and makeup too? I suppose you could have been NICER, but no harm in my book!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It is good to see someone fighting for courtesy. It drives me nuts when people do not rack weights.
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Now, she DOES NOT want me to go down there, go all GYM GHETTO on HER!!!!! Me and my sick self. K xo
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I want you in my gym. I had to put away 6 45 lb weights because I can only bench press the bar.
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want you at our gym! People forget all the time!! Good on you for calling her out
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I want you in my gym. I had to put away 6 45 lb weights because I can only bench press the bar.

Thinking about making a shirt with "RACK'EM" on the front and back. Maybe I should embrace this whole bully thing LOL
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Today I was called into the managers office of my gym. The manager explained to me that, I wasn’t in trouble but that he did received a complaint about me from one of the other members. I knew exactly who and what it was all about.

The day before, I was working out and saw “Mini Ipad” (that’s what I call her because I don’t know her name and she brings her mini ipad with her). Facts about “Mini Ipad”: 43+ years old, 5’6 around 120 LBS, She joined gym sometime in early January. She totes around her water bottle, towel,keys cell phone & of course her mini Ipad from machine to machine.

Back to the story… The day in question she was on the chest press machine and had 2 (5lb) and 1 (2.5) weight on each side. But she had them “sandwich style” with the 2.5 in between the 5LB plates. Anyways she was done with the machine and gathering up her stuff. I was going to use the machine next and there was no way in hell I was gonna rack her weights again (she does this all the time!).

So, right when she took her 1st steps away from the machine I said “RACK’EM” (loud enough for everyone to turn around and look) while pointing at the machine. She looked back at me, I kept directly eye contact with her until she racked her weights, I even said thank you.

This is exactly what happened and exactly what I told the manager he laughed about it but, apparently she’s told him that I’m the gym bully.

Really the gym bully?

the-rock-clapping.gif

I go to a small 24hr gym, and it is the worst gym I have ever gone to for gym ettquette. It never fails that at least one machine or bar will be loaded when I get there in the morning. A couple times per month, every machine/bar in the place will be loaded when I get there.

I'm to the point where after I'm done, I put it back as I found it.....:angry:
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Thinking about making a shirt with "RACK'EM" on the front and back. Maybe I should embrace this whole bully thing LOL

I'd buy one. I'd also buy one that said RACK across my chest, and YOUR WEIGHTS beneath, bolder and brighter. OMG make these!!!!!!!
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yo Gym Bully, way to go! You did the right thing! Mini Ipad won't forget next time...
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    It is good to see someone fighting for courtesy. It drives me nuts when people do not rack weights.

I agree!

I did the same to one the guys at the gym that left two 50lbs at each side in the Smith machine. The barbell was in the last upper hook and since I am less than 5 feet, I couldn't even reach them.

I run after him and right in front of the gym monitor I told him to please remove the weights from the machine before leaving the gym. He looked at me in disbelief but before he had a chance to say anything the director came out of his office and told him the same thing.

The funny thing is that the gym has signs all over asking the members to be gentle with the weights and to rack them when done. Stupid people does stupid things.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

I will totally buy your shirt!!! Lol. I feel like I'm at home, having to clean up after kids n hubby, when I go to the gym. I get so tired of racking everyone's weights! These young guys get in there, do one set, or whatever, and then sit around BSing for an hour! While they're BSing, their weights are always sitting on the dang bar, like they own the place. Ever think someone else might want to use it people??? Rant over...
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options

+1!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

YES!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I will totally buy your shirt!!! Lol. I feel like I'm at home, having to clean up after kids n hubby, when I go to the gym. I get so tired of racking everyone's weights! These young guys get in there, do one set, or whatever, and then sit around BSing for an hour! While they're BSing, their weights are always sitting on the dang bar, like they own the place. Ever think someone else might want to use it people??? Rant over...

^^^100%

Except, at my gym, it's not all young guys.... unless they've started leg pressing 50#'s and benching 25..:indifferent:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

I'd buy one. I'd also buy one that said RACK across my chest, and YOUR WEIGHTS beneath, bolder and brighter. OMG make these!!!!!!!

YES to this too!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    .... I'd also buy one that said RACK across my chest, and YOUR WEIGHTS beneath, bolder and brighter. OMG make these!!!!!!!

THIS is your women's one. I want...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Really the gym bully?
    tumblr_mtv3a4R1d51sj3oxho1_250.gif