Do you stop eating after a certain time?

Options
1235»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i tend to fast from ~11pm to ~9am.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Never a greater range of strong opinions and pursuasive evidence (for both sides) was given in one thread ... ever!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't for the simple fact that sometimes I go to bed at 6am and get up at noon. I would starve if I had a cutoff time of 8pm! Or make myself sick getting all of my calories in two meals haha
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am eating now because it's 23.35 and I have calories left over.
    I am also going to be eating most of the night because to hell with everything as long as I can finish my essay and go away this weekend!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I know I've always been told you should stop eating after 7 or 8 pm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on that theory. Typically by then I'm at my calorie limit but sometimes I'm not, wondering if there is any sense in pushing myself to eat before a certain time or if I'm within my daily limit it's fine?

yeah I stop eating when I am full

This all really depends on what you do .. .say you bodbuild ... have some carbs and salt before bed will have a wicked workout the next morning when you wake up body will be nice and fresh ready to go ..

Umm crossfit... lol crossfit

Say you are just trying to lose weight but not weight training at all; they will say nothing past like 7:00 so your body fully digests it before bed.

For me personally I like to have a little something in my system ... why ...well cause your body rebuilds over night and what I like to do is bodybuild so I figure I fuel that **** while I sleep.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat if i'm hungry always, or have some tea before bed, if I start to get a bit hungry before bed. Your brain often confuses thirst for hunger too. If the tea doesn't do it, I have a very small snack before bed.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I had some of the best body composition in my life while working a night shift- so my BREAKFAST was at 7 PM, lunch at midnight, and dinner in the morning.

I was always looking for a glass of wine after my night shifts (medicinal obviously, to help me sleep) you'd be amazed how difficult it is to get suggestions about what wine works best with a MacDonalds breakfast.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • MissCherrySwirl
    Options
    Out of habit I don't eat anything after dinner. That's just what I prefer not because someone told me to. Also by then I'm normally out of calories so can't eat anyway!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    No. Some people find food messes with their sleep. I often find I cannot sleep without a bedtime snack!