30 day Plank Challenge?

Options

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome response people!!! Now we have to figure out when we want to start it.

Do we do a March Plank Challenge, as was suggested?

I've never set up a challenge before. If someone has some experience in that, I could really use the help.
  • DoNotBurnTheDay
    DoNotBurnTheDay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Someone wanna create a group for this and we can track everything through there?
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Ok, I think I figured it out. I say we start on the first of March so that we can properly track the full 30 days. We can celebrate on the 31st day of the month. I'll come back and post the group site.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Let's do this thing!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am doing one this month. First day is 30 seconds, then 35, then 30, then 40, 30, 45, 30, 50, etc. You kind of get a "rest" day every other day with a 30 second plank and then the other days it increases 5 seconds each day all the way up to a couple minutes. I can def tell I am getting better at it and able to hold longer.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I also need to strengthen my core muscles as I'm 15 weeks post partum and after five kids I have doubts whether my core muscles even remember what being toned was like, lol! And I need a new challenge for March, having done the squat challenge two months in a row.

One important question though, what's a plank? I'm mean I see people post about push-ups, press-ups and planks all the time, but what's the difference between them????
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Ok, I am making this challenge Private to all of those who have responded. However, I will be checking this thread on a regular basis so if anyone else would like to join before March 1st, let me know and I will include you in.

Good luck people! You have a week and 2 days to prepare!!!
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    I also need to strengthen my core muscles as I'm 15 weeks post partum and after five kids I have doubts whether my core muscles even remember what being toned was like, lol! And I need a new challenge for March, having done the squat challenge two months in a row.

One important question though, what's a plank? I'm mean I see people post about push-ups, press-ups and planks all the time, but what's the difference between them????

Hi Kcasey - I'm adding you to the group invite...all of the info is there. :smile:
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    *sigh* K, give me a minute, I stink at this. LOL
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Add me!
  • Beckie_82
    Beckie_82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need to build some core strength