I have no energy to work out :-/

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think a mixture of both will make the world of difference! you can never go wrong with Vitamins!

Will defo add more carbs into the equation...some nuts etc...and a chocolate bar every now and then....

it would be great to look at someone's diary who is eating a balanced diary.
    Alright, everyone is buzzing about eating more carbs, true, if you're starving yourself then it's fair enough that you have no energy. Carbs - energy. But that's just a part of a game. Supplement your body with decent multivitamins! You'll see a big difference in your body. Energy levels, mental alertness, better focus, etc... So Carbs + vitamins.

No, she needs to eat more. not take a multivitamin.

I just started this, so my results aren't in. .but here's a spreadsheet that works with MFP that helped me figure out my dietary ratios (macronutrients: Fat, Carbs, Protein). . The idea is to keep all these balanced. .After you find a meal plan that balances these according to the percentages from the spreadsheet, you tweak it for other important nutrients like sodium / sugar / fiber / etc. It's very easy to use as it tells you EXACTLY how to set up your MFP profile. Anyway. . here's the link. I downloaded a copy for myself. If you can fit a chocolate bar in there, great!. but you'll find that this method steers you toward healthy foods, which is the idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

Sounds like a lot of work with no real benefit

Yeah. .you're right. . I had to click my mouse and measure my thigh. . it was a Nightmare!
  • Micha121
    Options
    Thank you everyone- I feel like a naughty kid getting told off for not eating enough lol!

But lesson learnt...and damn do some of you know your stuff!!

Please feel free to friend me as clearly I need some strong guidance lol and hopefully I can provide the same motivation x
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Alright, everyone is buzzing about eating more carbs, true, if you're starving yourself then it's fair enough that you have no energy. Carbs - energy. But that's just a part of a game. Supplement your body with decent multivitamins! You'll see a big difference in your body. Energy levels, mental alertness, better focus, etc... So Carbs + vitamins.

vitamins and minerals compensate for lack of food she eats. So it's essential on low calorie diet.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

vitamins and minerals compensate for lack of food she eats. So it's essential on low calorie diet.

Um, no. More food compensates for food she doesn't eat. It's essential she eats more food.
  • minuz5
    Options

Um, no. More food compensates for food she doesn't eat. It's essential she eats more food.

I have no idea how much she eats and probably she needs more food as everyone here keeps on saying that, but on top of that she also needs vitamins to stay energised throughout the day. (That was the point of this topic) You can't get all the necessary vitamins through food, therefore you need to supplement yourself with it. And as far as she is on a deficit diet that means that she won't get enough food and she needs extra edge from somewhere like vitamins. There are loads of people here who starve themselves and by saying eat more you won't change their attitude they would still think that if they want to lose weight they have to starve with severe deficit.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In addition to everyone else's submissions about eating more....quitting smoking will cause light-headedness/dizziness too. You are actually getting more oxygen in your body now and it will take a few days to readjust. Read up a little bit on what quitting smoking does to your body, or more accurately what SMOKING does to your body. Smoking affects your blood sugar levels and it is why many smokers can skip whole meals, usually breakfast, without any problems. Your blood sugar level is trying to fix itself. I leaned heavily on www.whyquit.com . Just try to ignore all of the scary posts there and focus on what your body is going through when you quit. :)

Good luck with your new healthier lifestyle!

~D
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options

Um...no. You should get all the nutrient you need from food. Only if and when you cannot for particular reasons should you depend on vitamins. Your organs process food differently than vitamins. Not to mention the research currently ongoing linking certain vitamins to disease. I am on a low calorie diet but I choose to get my the nutrients I need first before consuming things that have less value. If you aren't getting the proper amounts through food you are not eating a balanced healthy diet.
  • minuz5
    Options

Um...no. You should get all the nutrient you need from food. Only if and when you cannot for particular reasons should you depend on vitamins. Your organs process food differently than vitamins. Not to mention the research currently ongoing linking certain vitamins to disease. I am on a low calorie diet but I choose to get my the nutrients I need first before consuming things that have less value. If you aren't getting the proper amounts through food you are not eating a balanced healthy diet.

Yeah, that would be the best case scenario, but statistically speaking very little people get all necessary vitamins from food. For average person who doesn't "lift" and has relatively well balanced diet that would work, but if you 'lift' you need additional boost. :P And please, show me a link with the research which linked vitamin usage to a disease.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    In addition to everyone else's submissions about eating more....quitting smoking will cause light-headedness/dizziness too. You are actually getting more oxygen in your body now and it will take a few days to readjust. Read up a little bit on what quitting smoking does to your body, or more accurately what SMOKING does to your body. Smoking affects your blood sugar levels and it is why many smokers can skip whole meals, usually breakfast, without any problems. Your blood sugar level is trying to fix itself. I leaned heavily on www.whyquit.com . Just try to ignore all of the scary posts there and focus on what your body is going through when you quit. :)

Good luck with your new healthier lifestyle!

~D

Solid first post.

Um, no.
  • mccindy72
    Options

I have no idea how much she eats and probably she needs more food as everyone here keeps on saying that, but on top of that she also needs vitamins to stay energised throughout the day. (That was the point of this topic) You can't get all the necessary vitamins through food, therefore you need to supplement yourself with it. And as far as she is on a deficit diet that means that she won't get enough food and she needs extra edge from somewhere like vitamins. There are loads of people here who starve themselves and by saying eat more you won't change their attitude they would still think that if they want to lose weight they have to starve with severe deficit.

She opened her diary. It takes three clicks of the mouse to see her food diary. This girl is eating less than 1,000 calories per day and is asking why she is feeling light headed and dizzy when she tries to work out. That is not a deficit diet, it is starvation. She is on the verge of an eating disorder. I am trying to help her learn that she needs to view food as okay, and up her food intake on a daily basis to a healthy level. Taking vitamins won't stop her from starving to death if she doesn't eat more. Please stop giving her that advice.
  • Micha121
    Options
    I've created a monster :noway: :devil:
  • Micha121
    Options
    Guys....I have taken aboard everyone's comments who are all valuable! I am going to increase my calorie intake as well as vitamin intake (I already take a daily dose of vit c 1000mg)

Everyone's opinions have been taken into account!

Now let's all eat some low fat ice cream!! :happy:

She opened her diary. It takes three clicks of the mouse to see her food diary. This girl is eating less than 1,000 calories per day and is asking why she is feeling light headed and dizzy when she tries to work out. That is not a deficit diet, it is starvation. She is on the verge of an eating disorder. I am trying to help her learn that she needs to view food as okay, and up her food intake on a daily basis to a healthy level. Taking vitamins won't stop her from starving to death if she doesn't eat more. Please stop giving her that advice.
  • minuz5
    Options

Amm, did you take into consideration her weight, height? Do you know her BMR for sure? ~400 cal deficit is not starvation you silly. If she has a low TDEE in general, then it wouldn't be starvation in this case.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options

Yeah, that would be the best case scenario, but statistically speaking very little people get all necessary vitamins from food. For average person who doesn't "lift" and has relatively well balanced diet that would work, but if you 'lift' you need additional boost. :P And please, show me a link with the research which linked vitamin usage to a disease.

I do not have to post any links to your requests. Your lack of knowledge is not my burden sir. If you want the info find it yourself. Unless you want to pay me for my services of course.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Amm, did you take into consideration her weight, height? Do you know her BMR for sure? ~400 cal deficit is not starvation you silly. If she has a low TDEE in general, then it wouldn't be starvation in this case.
    [/quote]

Please find scientific evidence of anyone 26 years of age with a BMR of 1,000 calories per day or less. Just to be safe in this case, OP, if you're still here, what is your weight and height, if you don't mind me asking?
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

But the point was that MFP has already created a deficit for her- so eating 400 cals lower than that goal is not good for her (although I agree that it isn't starvation). 1,000 cals is too low. OP gets it now, but it's still not a good idea to post information suggesting that eating that far below your goal is a good thing, there are plenty of new people in the forums who will take that advice to heart. Remember that it's a goal- you should try to hit your MFP goal, not try to be way under it.
  • minuz5
    Options

I do not have to post any links to your requests. Your lack of knowledge is not my burden sir. If you want the info find it yourself. Unless you want to pay me for my services of course.

my lack of knowledge or your lack of evidence? Overdosing vitamins could cause problems on the other hand.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I've created a monster :noway: :devil:

Welcome to MFP!

pinkie_pie_and_rarity_stunned_gif_by_exe2001-d4s860a.gif
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    congrats on giving up smoking!!!!! awesome!
    i agree with the majority - more food needed.
    personally i feel light headed and nauseous eating low carb but equally iv seen plenty people on here who feel great on low carb and get results. whatever works for you i guess.
    certainly if you eat more and you do find the energy to exercise, then exercise will make you feel more energetic. Im addicted to exercise lol and have bags more energy from all the exercise i do! find something you enjoy, fuel your body and
    good luck!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think a mixture of both will make the world of difference! you can never go wrong with Vitamins!

Careful thinking you can never go wrong with vitamins! There are several vitamins that can become toxic to the body in high levels. Eating a balanced diet is your best bet, unless a doctor tells you to take a supplement for something.