I have no energy to work out :-/

Options
124»

Replies

• tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you increase your carbs and calories and still have trouble having energy, I'd say get your blood checked. I was anemic after having a surgery and I had no idea how I would make it through some days! If you don't think what your eating is the issue, I would definitely speak with a dr.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think someone misunderstood my post, is having a bad day or off their meds. I am new to weight loss and working out and thought giving someone advice on quitting smoking, which I do have experience on, might help her. Gosh, I also thought encouragement might help too. I never insisted her light headedness was caused by quitting. However, if she ups her food intake and is still experiencing those symptoms, she might consider another cause.

Good day. Thank you for taking time out of your day for making me feel completely unwelcome.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I think someone misunderstood my post, is having a bad day or off their meds. I am new to weight loss and working out and thought giving someone advice on quitting smoking, which I do have experience on, might help her. Gosh, I also thought encouragement might help too. I never insisted her light headedness was caused by quitting. However, if she ups her food intake and is still experiencing those symptoms, she might consider another cause.

Good day. Thank you for taking time out of your day for making me feel completely unwelcome.

Perhaps your post was misunderstood. You need to read through an entire thread before making a response. You also need to make sure you are giving good advice before you attempt to give any. Telling someone that smoking cigarettes is why people can sometimes skip meals is absolutely, completely, inaccurate, I can assure you. As a Respiratory Therapist who has been in the field for more than 8 years, it is highly unlikely that quitting smoking is causing OP to become light headed and dizzy. It would be more likely that starting up again after having quit would have that effect on her. Since she has not uppped her food intake, and is eating at a dangerously low level and trying to exercise, it's not a good idea to try to give her a suggestion of what might be causing her symptoms should they continue after she fixes what is obviously currently the problem. When you join a forum like this, it's easy to become eager to post advice, but it's always best to do your research on the entire thread, the original poster, and all subject involved before posting anything.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've created a monster :noway: :devil:

No. Someone beat you to that. lol Don't worry. Solid advice here and sounds like you know what you need to do now. Ignore the rest.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you have been getting enough iron. That can also help you feel more energetic. Not many people get enough at all despite eating better anyway. Get tested to see if you are low, then if you are it's as simple as an iron tablet once a day
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yes, yes you did :laugh:

It happens. This thread is no longer about you :wink:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Perhaps your post was misunderstood. You need to read through an entire thread before making a response. You also need to make sure you are giving good advice before you attempt to give any. Telling someone that smoking cigarettes is why people can sometimes skip meals is absolutely, completely, inaccurate, I can assure you. As a Respiratory Therapist who has been in the field for more than 8 years, it is highly unlikely that quitting smoking is causing OP to become light headed and dizzy. It would be more likely that starting up again after having quit would have that effect on her. Since she has not uppped her food intake, and is eating at a dangerously low level and trying to exercise, it's not a good idea to try to give her a suggestion of what might be causing her symptoms should they continue after she fixes what is obviously currently the problem. When you join a forum like this, it's easy to become eager to post advice, but it's always best to do your research on the entire thread, the original poster, and all subject involved before posting anything.

Ohh how good did using that respiratory therapist trump card feel?? I'm kind of jealous. Some day I'll be able to play a trump card on an MFP forum. Someday...

And to the first poster: don't feel too bad about this exchange. It could have been (and usually is) far more unpleasant.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    ?url=http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m9dtkhP8eX1ryquz8o1_500.gif&hmac=3d0e30acc4facd186562129ecfc05bbc