Let's discuss hate, shall we?

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
This is the thread that prompted this post, just for reference:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1207462-i-am-not-feeling-the-love?page=7#posts-18886868

Disagreeing with someone or being blunt is not hate. I doubt anyone on this website cares enough about anyone else here to actually hate them.

This is heavily on my mind because I watched The Monuments Men earlier this week. There is a scene where they're looking for art the Nazis stole and they come across some barrels filled with little bits of gold. One character reaches in, looks a little more closely and says, simply, "Those are the teeth."

I don't think I need to explain what that means.

That, my dears, is hate. What happens on this website is human interaction and some people simply clash in personality and manner. It is not hate.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    STAHP BEING MEAN!! :angry:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I rarely use the word much less feel it's meaning.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    But. But. Someone told me eating 1000 cals a day while working out for two hours is a bad idea. Is that not hate?

:cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TomTomato
    Options
    Seems no one understands tough love anymore.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    People just need to smile more.

tumblr_mrvy7o6xo11sg30gdo1_250.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately some people make nutrition and weight loss into an emotionally charged topic. I am sure that many of us regular users started out at varying degrees of this as well. But people need to learn that while some people are answering just to poke fun at them, others are disagreeing with them in the hopes of helping them and others who may be reading that post.
  • rml_16
    Options
    STAHP BEING MEAN!! :angry:

:sad:
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I totally feel what youre saying, but...

When people on here use that word "hate" or "haters", its referred to as a slang word meaning that people stick their two cents in where its not wanted and /or they give negative feedback where it is warranted. And typically those saying they have "haters" really need to take a step back and realize this is a public forum and to not be so sentive to the antics/ opinions of strangers, especially if they post something that is narcissistic and/or innapropriate.

Some people are naturally negative. Let them be that way! They obviously are just unhappy with themselves and wanna put thier bad juju on others.
    Dont sweat the "haters!" LOL :tongue:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    this is amongst the more dysfunctional forums i've participated in.

pointless threads like this make it much better!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hating people takes too much energy and I got burpees to do.
  • rml_16
    Options
    this is amongst the more dysfunctional forums i've participated in.

pointless threads like this make it much better!
    Then you haven't participated in many forums.

This is the absolute nicest one I've ever seen.
  • i like my hate...it's a burning hot steel sword that runs through me...

zings in my veins...and results in glorious copulations of

rage bangs...

give me ALL the hate...let it flow through me...
  • rml_16
    Options

When people on here use that word "hate" or "haters", its referred to as a slang word meaning that people stick their two cents in where its not wanted and /or they give negative feedback where it is warranted. And typically those saying they have "haters" really need to take a step back and realize this is a public forum and to not be so sentive to the antics/ opinions of strangers, especially if they post something that is narceessistic and or innapropriate.

Some people are naturally negative. Let them be that way! They obviously are just unhappy with themselves and wanna put thier bad juju on others.
    I don't understand the "but" because you merely restated my thesis.
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    I despise the term 'haters'. It's so immature and... ghetto :laugh:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i hate...

...asparagus, black licorice, and brussels sprouts.
  • rml_16
    Options
    i like my hate...it's a burning hot steel sword that runs through me...

zings in my veins...and results in glorious copulations of

rage bangs...

give me ALL the hate...let it flow through me...

I expect no less from you.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

When people on here use that word "hate" or "haters", its referred to as a slang word meaning that people stick their two cents in where its not wanted and /or they give negative feedback where it is warranted. And typically those saying they have "haters" really need to take a step back and realize this is a public forum and to not be so sentive to the antics/ opinions of strangers, especially if they post something that is narcissistic and/or innapropriate.

I am hating so hard on this post.
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I despise the term 'haters'. It's so immature and... ghetto :laugh:

exactly!!! i think this forum is the first time ive ever used that phrase.
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    i hate...

...asparagus, black licorice, and brussels sprouts.

Second that.
  • newfiechick709
    Options
    I agree. We've become so bent on not hurting anyone's feelings that we've gone too much the other way. Tough love is what some need...I've needed it at times and I've dished it out as well. That's life.