When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Yeah. Eat the candy your boyfriend was nice enough to get for you. And next time, be more specific.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Can you go to the store and get the right one?

I stopped requesting things from mine because for some reason, when twice I asked him to bring me ice cream, he bought sugar free. SUGAR FREE!!!

I did laugh at him. But I'm mean.

The caramel ones are good. Maybe save it for another day.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love the crème eggs but aren't they just 150 cal? The ones I get are.

Anyway...in that situation I'd enjoy the caramel egg but tell my husband he got the wrong thing so that it wouldn't turn into an ongoing thing and come up 7 years down the road "I didn't wanna hurt your feelings back in 2014" LOL

Then again, I like caramel too. I really truly DISLIKED the caramel egg, I would sweetly tell him it was the wrong thing but I really don't go for caramel - and offer it to him instead. I wouldn't ask him to go and get the correct treat. However, he probably would.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask him to either. I just kinda wanted to address that so people didn't suggest it o-^
    I can only imagine us fighting over something stupid in 10 years and me yelling "YOU DON'T EVEN BUY ME THE RIGHT TYPE OF CADBURY EGGS!"
    It is 150 now o: It totally used to be 170, I had to google it!
    Thanks for letting me know.
  • TheTara01
    Options
    If it is not what you want. Don't put it in your body. Save those 200 calories for the real deal. It would be one thing if they cost a ton of money. Maybe he'll ear it?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

was waiting for this.

Had to be done.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Can you go to the store and get the right one?

I stopped requesting things from mine because for some reason, when twice I asked him to bring me ice cream, he bought sugar free. SUGAR FREE!!!

I did laugh at him. But I'm mean.

The caramel ones are good. Maybe save it for another day.

I definitely will another day :3
    You ARE mean <3
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    No, no, no.

It's all about the mini eggs with that ridiculously addicting crunch shell.

Now *I* want a bag. See what you did?

:tongue:
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    smile at him. tell him you forget to say you wanted the other kind and that it was your mistake. thank him for being so thoughtful. ask him if he'd like it instead because you don't really like the type he got you.

everybody makes mistakes. i'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

^^ This.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he'll go back to the store and get you the one you are craving you'll make it worth his while.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

This is Gospel.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Tell him if he'll go back to the store and get you the one you are craving you'll make it worth his while.

Burn some extra calories c;
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

^^ two great tastes that taste great together!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Okay Cadbury eggs are so gross, like just thinking about eating one has made me queasy, but I have been craving this one dumpling place for a month, delicious savory dumplings. Today is basically a "jog your butt off to be able to go get dumplings and drinks because you need time with adults" day for me, if I trusted my husband to order me my treat and he got it wrong, I would give him the wrong option for himself and just go get what I wanted myself.

Really though, that gritty cream, how do you manage? The caramel is sooo much better :)

You and me, sister. Right here.

STAHP THE EGG SHAMING:sad:
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    smile at him. tell him you forget to say you wanted the other kind and that it was your mistake. thank him for being so thoughtful. ask him if he'd like it instead because you don't really like the type he got you.

everybody makes mistakes. i'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

^^ This.

This makes me feel better :D
    Seems to be the general consensus.
    I just really hate disappointing people, I get all anxious about it.
    Okie dokie.
  • Teenie71
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't get it yourself?

I was wondering the same thing! that way you KNOW you will get the right delicious cream filled delightful treat and enjoy every last bit! lol
  • my parents split up when i was 27.

it was over the breakfast table at a family event.

my mother literally said

"You just couldn't be bothered to get me a diet coke could you. It's over, I can't do this anymore."

My father then said

"that was over 20 years ago, I can't believe you are STILL talking about that."

My mother said,

"that is just the tip of the iceberg that illustrates the lack of communication there is in this relationship. You don't listen to me and you don't care to."

my father said

"I said I was sorry, did you listen to that?"

we all slunk out of the kitchen knowing it was truly done by the tepid tempurature of the bacon that was starting to solidify in it's grease......

tell the man but be gentle about it.

because otherwise...that's how a marriage two months short of 30 years goes down the drain.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't get it yourself?

I was wondering the same thing! that way you KNOW you will get the right delicious cream filled delightful treat and enjoy every last bit! lol

I usually would, it was just one of those "baby do you want anything?" situations and I was like YES. I DO. IN FACT I NEED CHOCOLATE.