When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to be a **** about a piece of candy .-.

So pick something worth having a barney about, and then slip it in at the end ;)

fwiw IMNSHO some perspective adjustment might help
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    my parents split up when i was 27.

it was over the breakfast table at a family event.

my mother literally said

"You just couldn't be bothered to get me a diet coke could you. It's over, I can't do this anymore."

My father then said

"that was over 20 years ago, I can't believe you are STILL talking about that."

My mother said,

"that is just the tip of the iceberg that illustrates the lack of communication there is in this relationship. You don't listen to me and you don't care to."

my father said

"I said I was sorry, did you listen to that?"

we all slunk out of the kitchen knowing it was truly done by the tepid tempurature of the bacon that was starting to solidify in it's grease......

tell the man but be gentle about it.

because otherwise...that's how a marriage two months short of 30 years goes down the drain.
    I love your stories.

At least it wasn't prom night.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Okay Cadbury eggs are so gross, like just thinking about eating one has made me queasy

the OP is looking for support and encouragement.
    your opinion on cadury eggs is mean and unnecessary.

OP, can you pop the caramel one in the freezer, run out to get gas for your car, stop and grab the right egg, pull over, turn the heat up, blast some slow jamz, and have a moment with just you and the egg?
  • Teenie71
    Options
    i actually LOVE the cadbury milk eggs...arrgh i could eat the whole big bad bag myself
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

Oh, and speaking of 'gelatinous egg goo', am I the only one who takes a bite of the shell and then eats that part first? Is that normal or am I a total psycho? #fatkidproblems
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Okay Cadbury eggs are so gross, like just thinking about eating one has made me queasy

OP, can you pop the caramel one in the freezer, run out to get gas for your car, stop and grab the right egg, pull over, turn the heat up, blast some slow jamz, and have a moment with just you and the egg?

I want to eat the egg, not impregnate the egg D:
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

Oh, and speaking of 'gelatinous egg goo', am I the only one who takes a bite of the shell and then eats that part first? Is that normal or am I a total psycho? #fatkidproblems

Bro, that is the ONLY way to do it.
  • rml_16
    Options

No, no, no. You eat the chocolate and goo TOGETHER.

This is why the mini eggs are perfect.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

I nibble a small hole in the end and then scoop out the creme with my tongue before scoffing the chocolate shell.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

I would fight you, but you intimidate me so much .-. Fack.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I nibble a small hole in the end and then scoop out the creme with my tongue before scoffing the chocolate shell.
    That's what I do:happy:
  • MarKayDee
    Options

Well I heartily encourage her to not ever eat a Cadbury egg where I can see or smell it because it will not be fun cleaning my barf out of her hair. I buy the creme eggs for my husband once a year, and he has two hours home alone to eat them and brush his teeth to avoid my violent involuntary reaction to that gritty smelly goo.
  • Empty_Calories
    Options

Start the thread. Conduct a poll. I stand by my statement.

And don't get it twisted. I loooooove chocolate and peanut butter, ok? I spent a year losing weight. 2 months of that was solely to remove 15 years of peanut butter and chocolate ice cream from my body, because it's delicious and amazing and my only friend when I'm feeling down.

But chocolate and caramel wins. Better consistency, more complimentary flavors.

You want some of this? Bring it.

I will admit, I'm somewhat bias in my opinion because I have a long-standing love affair with peanut butter but there is just no way you can say chocolate and caramel are more complimentary. You need to get off the bus to crazytown. Not even close.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    [/quote]No, I could go out and get one. We don't live near a CVS or anything that carries them, so it'd be a little bit of a trip sans-car. I can just get one next time I'm on the train. He asked me if I wanted anything so I threw that out there. Another time I could go and get it, but I'm mostly asking if it would be terrible for me to say no what he already bought.
    [/quote]

Lace up and run to your nearest CVS or whatever and get the creme egg, run back home and eat both :smile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this may seem really selfish, but I think it's worth asking.
    I really freaking love cadbury creme eggs. So much. You have no idea how much.
    And I've been craving one, so I have 200 calories today to be able to have one, and I asked my boyfriend to grab one on his way home from work.
    He got the caramel kind --;
    And I feel like a total jerk if I don't want it, and would feel even worse asking him to go back and get the right kind.
    But I also don't want to waste 200 calories on something I don't want that badly.
    Any suggestions?

What in the world does this have to do with general diet and weight loss?? This is a relationship problem, a first world problem, or perhaps a fun thread for Chit Chat - This is a joke, right???
  • rml_16
    Options

I would fight you, but you intimidate me so much .-. Fack.
    I'm a *****cat, really.
  • Empty_Calories
    Options

That's what I do:happy:

Excellent. Good to know I'm not the only animal around these parts.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    And I've been craving one, so I have 200 calories today to be able to have one, and I asked my boyfriend to grab one on his way home from work.
    And I feel like a total jerk if I don't want it, and would feel even worse asking him to go back and get the right kind.
    But I also don't want to waste 200 calories on something I don't want that badly.
    Any suggestions?

What in the world does this have to do with general diet and weight loss?? This is a relationship problem, a first world problem, or perhaps a fun thread for Chit Chat - This is a joke, right???

Not really.
    It's actually not a relationship problem, it's a problem that I'm sure a lot of people run into when it comes to "treats" which is why I posted it. Believe it or not that is definitely part of weight loss. It can be hard to turn things down, and it's especially frustrating when you've saved calories for something specific.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Any suggestions?

You seem fun.

I see the OP posted my response already.