When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options

Replies

• Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel like certain people are missing the fact that he asked if I wanted anything from the store :3
    It isn't like I called him demanding he go on a quest to get me cadbury eggs.

I'm not missing that.

The last sentence in my post implies that. Let me change it to:

I [would still] get off my *kitten* and get myself the right one.

Or I say, "thank you"

Or if I just can't keep it to myself I say,

"Thanks for thinking of me when you were at the store. Actually, this is a caramel egg. It's not a big deal, I still really appreciate you trying. I just wanted to let you know for next time."
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow....three pages over a piece of chocolate ( not even really good chocolate ...lol ) !
    I wish I lived in a 1st World country and could share those problems......:o).
    Now back to filling the bath tub, pots and buckets with water, because due to a chronic water shortage my part of the town will have the water turned off this pm until late Sunday night, so another part of the city can have water.

Well it's not really about the chocolate.
    It's about the situation, where someone has specially gotten you food that you don't really want, and it will take up calories you could use in other ways.
    Do you grief every thread about this kind of problem?
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I kinda feel like certain people are missing the fact that he asked if I wanted anything from the store :3
    It isn't like I called him demanding he go on a quest to get me cadbury eggs.

I'm not missing that.

The last sentence in my post implies that. Let me change it to:

I [would still] get off my *kitten* and get myself the right one.

Or I say, "thank you"

Or if I just can't keep it to myself I say,

"Thanks for thinking of me when you were at the store. Actually, this is a caramel egg. It's not a big deal, I still really appreciate you trying. I just wanted to let you know for next time."

Aww, no, I wasn't meaning you o:
    There were a few people that yelled at me for asking my boyfriend to do things
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I like the original, but the original MINI size is the best. It's so hard to eat the freaking large eggs. I love caramel but in that egg it is just too much.

I've been married for 16 years. Here is what I would do...

Say thank you and tell him how awesome he is.

make a comment about the color of the wrapper must have changed. Notice that it says caramel outloud and act like you haven't tried that. Make sure you comment about the colors of the original ones that you adored as a child. because, be honest...did you tell him what egg colors to look for?? I wouldn't have. but my husband knows I love the regular minis.

take a bite of the small end.

pull out a sandwich baggie to place the remainder in (if you aren't going to eat it) and then enjoy it in small bites for a day or 2. or toss it when you are home alone.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow....three pages over a piece of chocolate ( not even really good chocolate ...lol ) !
    Now back to filling the bath tub, pots and buckets with water, because due to a chronic water shortage my part of the town will have the water turned off this pm until late Sunday night, so another part of the city can have water.
    Most of it was joking around.

A sense of humor might help you feel better about your situation, though.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Eat it.

Get the one you really want yourself. Be nice and explain to the man that you like the traditional ones the best and thank him for his efforts.

Maybe he'll be nice to YOU later! :bigsmile:
  • jesakill
    jesakill Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Funny how someone can complain about their 3rd world struggles, yet manage to be a chocolate snob within two adjoining sentences. :P
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Funny how someone can complain about their 3rd world struggles, yet manage to be a chocolate snob within two adjoining sentences. :P

Also like 90% of this website is a first world problem :P
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Only 150 calories for a creme egg? IM IN
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Lucky for a site like this to solve the hard pressing issues of dieting! How do we ever survive!! :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Seriously? You're complaining about temporarily not having water service while people in third world countries NEVER have access to clean water? Geez, must be nice to be entitled.

Fun game, figured I'd play along with you.
    They don't have Internet access or computers, either.
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    "Uh, honey, this is a caramel Cadbury Egg, I like the cream ones, thanks anyways, you're the best." **kiss kiss hug hug** Life continues.

Is there some underlying reason its not as simple as that? If I had to tiptoe around something this simple in a relationship i would be out. :-P
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Lucky for a site like this to solve the hard pressing issues of dieting! How do we ever survive!! :huh:

I don't even know what you're trying to say .-. I'm sorry.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    "Uh, honey, this is a caramel Cadbury Egg, I like the cream ones, thanks anyways, you're the best." **kiss kiss hug hug** Life continues.

Is there some underlying reason its not as simple as that? If I had to tiptoe around something this simple in a relationship i would be out. :-P

It's not that I don't think he'll be okay with it xD
    I just really hate doing that to people.
    I guess I'll just have to get used to it, I'm sure it'll happen a lot o:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It happend to me today. A colleague gave me a huge box of chocolates because of some award I received at work. She wanted to give me something too I guess as congratulations. I thanked her. I ate a piece then put the box in the commual snack area because no way am I eating 20 chocolate pieces all by myself.
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

It's not that I don't think he'll be okay with it xD
    I just really hate doing that to people.
    I guess I'll just have to get used to it, I'm sure it'll happen a lot o:

Yeah unfortunately we all get things that may not be exactly what we want..hopefully the giver is cool enough to be fine with a little nudge in the right direction for next time. :)
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

You should move. First world countries are way cooler about leaving the water on every day.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

Start the thread. Conduct a poll. I stand by my statement.

And don't get it twisted. I loooooove chocolate and peanut butter, ok? I spent a year losing weight. 2 months of that was solely to remove 15 years of peanut butter and chocolate ice cream from my body, because it's delicious and amazing and my only friend when I'm feeling down.

But chocolate and caramel wins. Better consistency, more complimentary flavors.

You want some of this? Bring it.

I will admit, I'm somewhat bias in my opinion because I have a long-standing love affair with peanut butter but there is just no way you can say chocolate and caramel are more complimentary. You need to get off the bus to crazytown. Not even close.

I WILL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH!!

I love peanut butter in intense, shameful ways you don't even want to step to. Favorite cereal? Peanut butter Cap'n Crunch. Favorite Asian sauce? Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce (HIGHLY recommend this) Favorite Ice Cream? The previously mentioned Chocolate and peanut butter, 1 half gallon, 1 spoon, no waiting and don't look me in the eyes.

Chocolate and peanut butter are a great match, they've had some really great times together, but they don't always get along. Sometimes the peanut butter overpowers and feels gritty. Sometimes the chocolate does (case in point, regular Reese's cups. The holiday shapes are superior). When they're mixed right it's a harmonious coupling, but they've had some rough times together and don't always speak at the dinner table.

Chocolate and caramel...baby it's just meant to be. When it's right it's right and you can't fight these things. They go together in ways that tease and satisfy. So smooth, so creamy, dancing and swirling together in your mouth until your eyes start to roll back a little bit.
    I have to know what kind of treacherous chocolate peanut butter ice cream lead to your downfall. I do not belittle your pain, just....you know...for science.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of how many responses this got >>