LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good stuff.

130+ days sober...I quit counting.

So proud of you Ty!!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've never been a drinker. Don't understand why anyone would find it fun.

If it wasn't fun people wouldn't do it, my old man said never trust a teetotaller and he was right
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    Personally, I've never been a drinker. Don't understand why anyone would find it fun.

If it wasn't fun people wouldn't do it, my old man said never trust a teetotaller and he was right

Seriously?
  • hilts1969
    Options

Seriously?

Yes drinking is a fine past time if done properly
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

A bad tasting liquid that results in a lower IQ? No thanks, I'll pass & keep my brain cells.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Seriously?

GTFO
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Seriously?

Which you aren't doing.
    You stated you regularly binge drink.

But this post is about and for those who have overcome or are working overcoming their addiction for alcohol. Not for you to call them 'no fun' since they abstain.

I don't know Laura or Ty in real life but both have overcome theor demons and are great fun here on MFP. And I myself have not had alcohol in 26 months (to the day actually) and consider myself fun as well.

You sir are rather judgemental of those who chose not to drink. Which is not fair since you dont know these people.

Sorry Laura for derailing your thread.
    Im very proud of you, Ty, and the 24 year sober poster. The 3 of you are amazing. <3
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Seriously?

Which, you stated yourself you can't do.
  • hilts1969
    Options

Seriously?

You must remind me of when i said i couldn't drink?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That is an awesome accomplishment.

I'm turning 21 in May and have never had a sip of alcohol in my entire life! Love the sober life and will continue to be sober even after my 21st birthday. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Seriously?

I like a good session on the drink fortunately it has never got to the stage where i feel i needed help, i binge drink at the weekend but don't touch the stuff during the week, addiction is a terrible thing, my intake counts as alcohol dependancy but i think this is overstating the fact somewhat
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Seriously?

I like a good session on the drink fortunately it has never got to the stage where i feel i needed help, i binge drink at the weekend but don't touch the stuff during the week, addiction is a terrible thing, my intake counts as alcohol dependancy but i think this is overstating the fact somewhat

yep
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You are strong!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • hilts1969
    Options

A bad tasting liquid that results in a lower IQ? No thanks, I'll pass & keep my brain cells.

There have been many people who could be classed as a genius who have drunk to excess never mind in moderation. anyone knows this so as a non drinker who seems blissfully unaware of such a fact i wouldn't mention IQ levels

For anyone who has misread my posts to clarify for the mock outrage brigrade

Addiction is a terrible thing as i have stated
    Drinking is fun otherwise people wouldn't do it
    I drink too much at weekend according to doctors but don't bother during the week
    My point that non drinkers are a little dull/can't have a laugh may seem like putting a small group into one pot but the replies so far doesn't help their cause

Awaits a "think of the children" reply from the usual Oprah crowd
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

There have been many people who could be classed as a genius who have drunk to excess never mind in moderation. anyone knows this so as a non drinker who seems blissfully unaware of such a fact i wouldn't mention IQ levels

I drink too much at weekend according to doctors but don't bother during the week
    My point that non drinkers are a little dull/can't have a laugh may seem like putting a small group into one pot but the replies so far doesn't help their cause

alcohol-brain.jpg

http://brainhealthreview.com/2013/11/your-brain-on-alcohol/
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Do you know one of the easiest ways to spot an addict in denial? They say things like this:
    non drinkers are a little dull/can't have a laugh

to justify things like this
    I drink too much at weekend
  • hilts1969
    Options

Seriously?

You need to look up what doctors class as alcohol dependency in this nanny state of ours, last i heard which changes as often as the wind is 28 units which is frankly pathetic

not drinking properly is missing your mouth
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

It's not "There have been many people who could be classed as a genius who have drunk…." it's "There have been many people who could be classed as a genius who have DRANK…." I see you wouldn't be classified as a genius…

I've never had a sip of alcohol in the 20 years I've been alive and I'm one of the most fun people to be around. So your "stereotype" is making an *kitten* out of yourself.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Those who have been able to quit such a debilitating addiction amaze me. Ty, Laura, yall rock.

someone's conscience is obviously bothering them to even feel the need to counter.