'selfish' for losing weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course its selfish! Its your body...if you don't take of it no one will, and its your responsibility to do it, whatever the reasons. Taking care of yourself is not a bad thing...don't let anyone tell you it is.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been told that my reasons for losing weight are vain and selfish. Like, does it really matter what my motivation is if it's working? If I want to lose 85 pounds for the sole purpose of wearing cute clothes, who cares?! How is that any of your business? I'm sorry I don't have a sob story for you, but I don't actually need a tragic backstory in order to justify myself.
    I haven't read through, but who told you that?

And aren't all reasons for losing "selfish"? I mean, even if you're losing for your health, it's by definition selfish, I guess.

Anyway, who cares WHY??? It's your body. You aren't harming anyone. And looking good in cute clothes is a good enough reason to lose. It's my main motivation. I'm not really very heavy and I AM very healthy. Cute clothes is pretty much my only reason. :-)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Any reason for losing weight is good enough for me, as long as you're going about it in a healthy and sane way. I personally want to lose weight to look awesome.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    How DARE you work to enjoy your body!? How DARE you extend your life, improve your confidence, and work to enjoy shopping again?!

Clearly you are just awful.

OR the other person is a **** who really doesn't understand that you can be a deep, smart, kind person who happens to like the way she looks and enjoys wearing cute clothes.