21 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Renegade706
    Options
    Hey like i said before its about progress not perfection, just bounce back and keep improving, it will come together!
  • Renegade706
    Options
    I struggle with sleep alot too, melatonin seems to help me if you want to try that. Your doing great keep going! :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    2/21 done and it was a good day ended with a intense Zumba class. Keep up the great work everyone

Renegade is right it's progress not protection.
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ok ive got to get in on this, while i am late to this thread, i have made it to day 4 of my routine, hope im not to far ahead/behind it looks like you guys are on day four if this was started monday :)

my routine

im using a star chart --litterally have a calender with star stickers on my mirror :)

here are the color codes for my star chart

blue for reading my recovery material each day
    silver for reading my eating disorder material each day
    gold for making the gym
    green for making a support group that day
    red for eating under my net calorie goal each day

other goals im aiming for,
    enter my calories on mfp every day
    loose 1 pound a week (monthly weigh ins, next one on next tuesday)

so far i have three 5 star days and today was just a three star day with blue red and silver, meaning i did my readings and eat under my caloric goals..

my goal is to hit red every day for the 21 day period and at least 4 gym visits (gold star) per week.... the rest i can be flexible about ... 4/21 done :)
  • Cath2907
    Cath2907 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well it was off to a great start but yesterday I twisted my right knee (jogging, cross trainer, weight lifting? I hear you ask. No mucking about in the garden with my daughter!)
    So today I am still limping about the place grumpy because I am missing my dance workout.

However I am still planning my meals, tracking my food, drinking my water and altogether being the new me. I am liking the new me if I am honest. Hope I still feel this good on Day 21!
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    Ok - day 3 feedback ....honestly, I forgot what my goals were! I somehow ave still managed to lose 5lbs since I started which is good! But I'll try and remember my goals better for today, day 4.

1. Go to bed by 10pm and get up at 6am every day.
    2. Do 30 minutes of running 3 days per week.
    3. Eat 3 balanced meals of sensible portions each day.
    4. Drink only water and green tea, and one small glass of wine with dinner if wanted.
    5. Record my progress each day on MFP, and post to this thread.
    6. Take a breath and determine to be kind before everything I do and say (unless it's an emergency, obv!)
    7. Meditate for 5 minutes every morning, then mindfully keep my cool all day.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    ok ive got to get in on this, while i am late to this thread, i have made it to day 4 of my routine, hope im not to far ahead/behind it looks like you guys are on day four if this was started monday :)

my routine

im using a star chart --litterally have a calender with star stickers on my mirror :)

here are the color codes for my star chart

blue for reading my recovery material each day
    silver for reading my eating disorder material each day
    gold for making the gym
    green for making a support group that day
    red for eating under my net calorie goal each day

other goals im aiming for,
    enter my calories on mfp every day
    loose 1 pound a week (monthly weigh ins, next one on next tuesday)

so far i have three 5 star days and today was just a three star day with blue red and silver, meaning i did my readings and eat under my caloric goals..

my goal is to hit red every day for the 21 day period and at least 4 gym visits (gold star) per week.... the rest i can be flexible about ... 4/21 done :)
    Love the color star chart idea!!!
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was a snow day here and I resisted the urge to stay in my pjs all day, snacking and watching tv. I find it a lot harder to stay on track on days that I am at home.

Started week 3 of c25k and discovered that it's a good thing I work out in my basement alone. When they say you should be able to talk when you run, I don't think they mean to yourself. There was definitely some swearing going on!

Tracked everything I ate and was under my calorie goal. Also drank more than 2L of water. I've been surprised at how quickly I'm able to get to my water goal. I guess I was always drinking enough, I just never actually measured it before.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I love the idea of using stickers/calendar. It's great to have a visual reminder of your success every day.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge. I'm in.

1. Log my meals on MFP.
    2. Drink 1 gallon of water daily
    3. Sleep at least 7 hours
    4. Encourage at least 1 person to live a healthy lifestyle.
    5. Exercise for at least 60 minutes 6 days a week.
    6. Eat at least 2 servngs of fruits and veggies
    7.Meditate 5 minutes each day
  • DFasso23
    DFasso23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. Day 5 is cardio day but I love doing pushups, wallsits, and lunges every 2 hours at the office. It keeps you motivated and also helps avoid craving the secretary candy jar downstairs.
  • janet50561
    Options
    its a great way to work strength training into a cardio day and keeps the blood flowing all day. I'm enjoying it too!
  • janet50561
    Options
    Day 3/21 complete! Finished with a 43 minute treadmill run and under my calorie limit for the day, so I had an evening snack!
    Feeling good and finding more energy every day!
  • plumleda
    plumleda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad I cam across this post, as I'm getting into some bad routines recently. I'm in for the Challenge beginning February 28, 2014.

1) Record all meals/exercise everyday on MFP.
    2) Minimum 60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water each day
    4) No alcohol on Sunday through Thrusday
    5) Eat a healthy protein-packed breakfast each morning
    6) Lose 5 pounds in 21 days
    7) Measure all snack food consumption

Good luck everybody!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1) Have at least 20 min of exercise 6 days a week
    2) two snack a day
    3) prepare my foods the night before
    4) random act of kindness once a week minimum
    5) start doing my community service Saturday with my son again
    6) spend more time outdoors being active
    7) push past excuses
    8) 7000steps a day
    9) lose 10 pounds on day 21

Day 4 (yesterday)

Yesterday I went at lunch to buy another pedometer, with that I did 12,375 steps which isn't bad for missing part of the day. We went out to dinner for my husband’s birthday and I planned everything I was going to eat. I am changing overall, instead of thinking "well it is a celebration" I actually picked and change food to work in my calorie goal. Even when I saw they were going to order desert, I skipped one of the items on my plate to save the calories. We are going out again tonight and I already planned it out.

My goal for random acts of kindness has been satisfied for this week, although not to say there won't be more lol.
    My work outs have been consistent
    My food for work was prepared the night before
    Went for a walk yesterday with my son after day care/work
    When I wanted to eat alllll the desserts and was going to because after all it was a birthday celebration.. I didn’t – this might be my proudest eating moment
  • ToriBattleB
    ToriBattleB Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 21 went well yesterday. I was so tired but I went to zumba class anyway. Glad I did. Didn't over eat and stayed well below my daily intake. I usually pray every morning anyway but I woke up earlier so I could meditate longer. Really looking forward to going to the gym tonight but it's raining pretty good here in Southern California and I hate driving when it's pouring! I have a back up plan at home. Turbo Fire!
  • Renegade706
    Renegade706 Posts: 209
    Options
    Day 5 of 21 Didnt go as good as I would have liked, I didnt get to do my morning workout because I had to go into work early. Couldnt make it up after because My son had a graduation with his Karate class tonight. Got in a little cardio tonight that will have to do. Also was so busy at work had to just grab some lunch on the go, got a grilled chicken sandwich but i also ate fries. But im not going to get down about it, i still got the other goals done, so i will be thankful for that and just be determined to do better tomorrow. Reading everyone's goals and seeing how good others are doing is very inspiring! Keep it up!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Did good on my goals went out for our monthly last Friday of the month drinks with friends so went a little over but I was under yesterday so it'll even out. Pulled a muscle not sure how so didn't get in my weights, just trying to listen to my body. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • littlemiss114
    Options
    This is a great idea! Starting 3/1/14 (Saturday)

1) Get in at every scheduled workout without missing a day (currently on a 6 day lifting split with 5x cardio)
    2) Drink water, coffee, and green tea only, no soda!
    3) Pack lunch the night before and prep food twice per week
    4) Log food on MFP and workouts in my workout log
    5) lose 6 pounds in 21 days

Good Luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    Yesterday was day 4 of 21 - not a great day for calorie consumption.....had a bit of a blow out for dinner, oops. But did mega tough workout session - I'm aching all over today, which I'm taking as a good sign! I've been having some pain in my left knee, which was why I gave my running a miss and did workout exercises at home instead - I want to develop habits for life so I can enjoy an active old age, not do myself in so I have to limp about! I'm not doing perfectly, but I'm really pleased with my progress and I can feel my attitude changing, which is really nice. I'm already a lot more aware of how great exercise makes me feel - even with my aches and pains, the psychological benefit is amazing; and I'm seeing patterns emerge in my eating habits from logging everything I eat, which is really helpful in being aware of what I'm doing to sabotage myself so I can change my habits. Thanks everyone for sharing on here, you are all helping me so much.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Day 5/21 Success

1) Complete all 10 workouts per week - 9 done so far, on track
    2) Reach water target daily (2 litres) - Slightly under, but with the extra I did on other days, I count it as acceptable
    3) Stay within calorie budget daily - 13 calories over does not count
    4) Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible - Yip
    5) Log workouts and ALL nutrition each day - I even logged all the extras, which I could eat as I burn so much these days
    6) Check in on this thread daily - here it is
    7) Avoid negativity - Its hard to be negative when you spend swimming with seals and turtles and it counts as work

My weekends are less strict because the aim is to get all the workouts in during the week, eat under calorie goals then and have a bit extra to enjoy on the weekend, even if I am working.