21 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I woke up this March 1st (5/21) and feel incredibly optimistic and positive doing this 21 day challenge. The encouragement from this challenge and renegade706 (op) has been like a day and night difference. Keeping good on my goals (minus the meal planning but still making mindful choices) and an overall feeling of positivity is wonderful. I was thinking in the future this morning "what happens after 21 days?" But I soon remembered that was one of my goals (don't be so critical) and so I am in the present and starting day 5 . Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. Hope we all can take it one day at a time :)
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Day 5/21 Success

7) Avoid negativity - Its hard to be negative when you spend swimming with seals and turtles and it counts as work

^^Nice!!!!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

1) 45-60 minute workouts 3x a week - Check
    2) C25K 3x a week - Check
    3) Stop swearing - Getting better
    4) Log onto MFP daily and record the good and the bad (hopefully no bad) - Nothing terrible to note here
    5) Take a hike on Sundays for an hour or so - No problem hammering that one out tomorrow supposed to be Beautiful
    6) Meal plan, meal plan, meal plan - Done, done, done
    7) Lose 10 pounds by day 21 - on track 3 pounds down after 5 days
    8) Keep it up day 22 and on - can't see that being an issue

Keep it up team, everyone seems to be doing great.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well I am very tardy to the party but hope it's not to late for me to join:

Goals:

1. Move 30 minutes every day
    2. Stay under my MFP calorie goals
    3. Stay within my MFP macronutrient goals
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    5. No fast food
    6. Track my food honestly
    7. Be positive (I tend to be a glass half-empty person...)
  • DABALI
    DABALI Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ME IN
    .1,will be doing jonna exerce at home 30 minutes evry day

2,WAlk 4 miles taking and picking my boy from school

3 drink 8 glassesof water every day

4,take two cups of grenn tea

5 no,, sugar except I cup tea in morning

6.just frut snack every day

7,will take mashroom omlete,or oats for breakfast and an apple, no parata

hope that I will be 6pounds down in 21 days
  • Renegade706
    Renegade706 Posts: 209
    Options
    Good morning. I woke up this March 1st (5/21) and feel incredibly optimistic and positive doing this 21 day challenge. The encouragement from this challenge and renegade706 (op) has been like a day and night difference. Keeping good on my goals (minus the meal planning but still making mindful choices) and an overall feeling of positivity is wonderful. I was thinking in the future this morning "what happens after 21 days?" But I soon remembered that was one of my goals (don't be so critical) and so I am in the present and starting day 5 . Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. Hope we all can take it one day at a time :)
    Thanks sweetness, you inspire me with how great your doing! This is the last day of my first week, been a good week, which makes me determined to make the next week GREAT! Going to workout even harder, eat even cleaner, and make the days even brighter! Start of a new month , lets make it count!
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    not sure if we are supposed to check in every day, but so far having added most people here to my friends list is making a huge difference, watching others progress, hearing their idea's and just knowing im not at this alone has been great for me, thanks so much to everyone ive met through this challenge

5/21 done and off to a good start for day 6

loving this !!!!!
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Day 6 of 21 done for me, now to finish strong tomorrow and do even better in week 2! Keep up the great work everyone, and Good luck to the new people getting started!
  • 19Chatham70
    19Chatham70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for posing. It's great so many folks are participating! Day 6/21 for me. Doing well on goals: tracking food and exercise, drinking much more water, exercising, meditating. Feel so positive--good energy, attitude and just have a better focus, plus lost about 2 and a half pounds. Not much except its the 2 and a half pounds that made my clothes uncomfortable. In it for the long haul - I know it will be more than a week before I see another reduction like that on the scales. I cooked a company dinner today so went over my calories for the first time since beginning--it's fine though ad it could have been a total blow-out but instead it's just a oddest glitch. Thank you for starting this and for being so encouraging!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Day 6/21 Close enough

1) Complete all 10 workouts per week - 9 done so far. I consider this close enough for week 1. I pushed hard and had a good week
    2) Reach water target daily (2 litres) - Yip
    3) Stay within calorie budget daily - 139 over on my no so strict day is acceptable
    4) Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible - missed that one today
    5) Log workouts and ALL nutrition each day - Yip
    6) Check in on this thread every day - here it is
    7) Avoid negativity - This is easier on weekends so I did ok with this

I had a great day which started with the Cansa Shavathon. It is great to be able to support my friends who are battling cancer and get the convenience of super short hair all in one go.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    4/21 did well got my steps in even without a full Zumba class my muscles was still bothering me so I did some walking instead. My mother and father in law took me out for some wine tasting and I still stayed within goal. Night everyone.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    6/21 did good, didn't quite make my 15000 steps but came close :)
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    Day 5/21 yesterday went fab, and I stuck to all my goals and have lost another 1lb, yippee! Day 6 today - going swimming this morn with my kids who are both great swimmers, not like me, so I'm going to get my son to teach me how to do a proper front crawl and try and do some lengths for my exercise quota. Hurting my knee (which feels just about better now) has actually been a blessing in disguise, as it made me think of other exercises I can do than just running, and I'm not sure I'd have added the strength training in if it weren't for that. I'm going to carry on mixing it up even though my Kane's better, as I'm really enjoying my exercise sessions now rather than finding them a chore, and I think it will build a stronger, fitter body. Thanks everyone for your support and sharing your own ups and downs, it's so good to know I'm not alone. Keep up the good work, and don't give up!
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    I meant my knee, not my Kane!
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. Log food and exercise everyday
    2. Exercise 45-75 mins a day 6x a week
    3. cut down on soda from 5x a week to 2x(i like my Vanilla vodka coke :love: )
    4. Interact more on myfitnesspal rather then using it as a calorie counter
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I want to join too.

1. Continue doing the 30 day shred every day along with Chris Freytags Vinyasa Yoga.
    2. Drink only water for the 21 days.
    3. Stick to my calories allowance on both Non fasting and Fasting days.
    4. 5:2 Fast atleast twice a week.
    5. Log all food and exercise on mfp.
    6. Do not eat takeaway at all.
    7. Lose 5lbs by day 21.
  • janet50561
    Options
    Day 6 on the books! Usually weekends are tough to stick to my calories, but I managed to stay on track all weekend. Looking forward to finishing out week #1 strong!
  • Renegade706
    Options
    My day 7 and week 1 are complete! Was a good , healthy week, excited to begin week two with an intense 5am workout in the morning! Thanks everyone for the continued motivation! Your all doing great!
  • ToriBattleB
    ToriBattleB Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of 21 is a wrap for me! Yesterday I had a rough day but today was much better. No over eating, I completed my log, and I exercised. Ready to start the week off healthy! I love this challenge. It's the first that I'm really trying to stick with!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Day 7/21 Success

1) Complete all 10 workouts per week - 9 done so far. I consider this close enough for week 1. I pushed hard and had a good week
    2) Reach water target daily (2 litres) - Yip
    3) Stay within calorie budget daily - Yip
    4) Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible - Yip
    5) Log workouts and ALL nutrition each day - Yip
    6) Check in on this thread every day - here it is
    7) Avoid negativity - This is easier on weekends especially when I get to help with the seals. Totally stoked that I got to work with the big male and got little Sammi to eat from me (she is very fussy, but still my favourite).

Week 1 was great. 1/3 of the way to new and great habits.