Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I will never give up bananas.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Love a good banana. Usually have one before a workout and gives me a good energy boost. I do weigh my bananas though as they vary so much in size and can be calorific.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas, I think I'm still losing weight *crosses fingers*
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas regularly.

Check my weight tracker below.

Yeah...
  • tmcleod22553
    Options
    There are numerous ways to lose weight. The common denominator is exercise. Commit to an exercise regiment and a diet plan that you are comfortable with. In my case a low fat diet and exercise are doing the trick. Total calories are the easiest track, setting a calorie limit that is below what your body needs to maintain normal bodily functions. That way any exercise is a bonus. I have dropped 29 pounds in 6 weeks. That is 5 pounds a week and I can attribute this rapid loss to the exercise. I am also seeing a steady decrease in BMI and an increase in lean muscle. So if you want to eat a banana, eat a banana and include it in your food diary, just cut something else to maintain your limit. Try to avoid bananas that are starting to show spots, that is an indicator of increased sugar level due to decomposition.

As for myself, my grandson and I usually share a banana every afternoon when I get home. It is an excellent source of potassium.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    They are just perfectly ripe and delicious for about two seconds, but the rest of their lives they are either under-ripe and tasteless or over-ripe and slimy. Ew!

QFT!! :laugh:

I'm very picky about them and will only eat them one or two days, good thing there are other people in my house to eat the rest of them! But, if they get too ripe and they're not being eaten I slice them up and put in a ziplock and toss in freezer for smoothies or protein shakes.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i frickin love bananas. but it has to be almost green. hard. i cant have soft bananas or with any browning. nope.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i eat bananas everyday.. it has stalled my weight ever. love them warm, fresh, frozen .. lol
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of asking the same question this morning. I love bananas but have stayed away them, but thanks to everyone's input, I will add them back into my diet.

P.S. my boss who is a strict health nut has an apple & a banana everyday for lunch & once in awhile a few pieces of turkey or a few nuts.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n1fk1bbQVp1qzefipo1_400.gif
  • lookin08902
    lookin08902 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like bananas, but I find them high in calorie and not particularly filling. On days when I do eat it, I find I shoot over my calorie goal because it didn't fill me up!
  • lookin08902
    lookin08902 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of asking the same question this morning. I love bananas but have stayed away them, but thanks to everyone's input, I will add them back into my diet.

P.S. my boss who is a strict health nut has an apple & a banana everyday for lunch & once in awhile a few pieces of turkey or a few nuts.

Now if I could stick to that for lunch and not feel deprived or hungry, then I think it would work within my calorie goal. Not sure I can do it though.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Eat the banana. It's my ice cream and my dad loves it.
  • vegankalequeen
    Options
    I don't think bananas are bad for you in anyway. (they are straight from nature, after all) Its all the processed, commercialized junk food thats bad for you. Just because it fits your daily calorie goal, doesn't mean its good for your body.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. I eat one just about every day in my oatmeal.

Also, THIS THREAD IS BANANAS - B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!!!!

You're welcome for the song that is now stuck in your head. :P
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Take away my banana and there will be trouble!
    ha ha ha - like this, same here.
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of controversy over bananas and losing weight. I hear some people say you shouldn't eat them if you are trying to cut down on belly fat and others say there is nothing wrong with them.

as far as fruits go they are high on the glycemic scale but they are also loaded with potassium which I think helps with muscle cramps.

I would like to hear what you think of banana's....
    G I index of banana is between 30 and 50 (depending upon the ripeness), any thing below 50 is considered low index.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I just don't like bananas. As far as potassium kiwi has more. But there is nothing wrong with bananas if they fit your cals and life.

Just had oats with a banana & a kiwi!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of bananas.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You are Bananas not to eat Bananas!