Is your Goal FASHION or FITNESS? (perfect woman 171lbs)

Options
1235»

Replies

• Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well at my age I am not sure ....but according to the stats you gave I am 1" to tall and 4 lbs to heavy, and I take no meds, ride my bike almost daily and water job when it's warm enough ( live in Arizona ) so I will let you decide.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fitness, definitely.
    Fashion holds little to no interest for me.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Can't it be both? I want to lose weight and be in shape because it's healthy, and also because I will feel and look better in (and out) of my clothes!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose just one, it'd be fitness/health. That's definitely the most important to me.

But right now I'm only losing more weight because of the fashion for flatter tummies. My fitness goals haven't changed and aren't affected by that really, and I'm not overweight. How much I eat is the only thing that would change once I lose a few more lbs. I'm still eating at deficit.

Even the muscle I might add once eating at maintenance is probably fashion as far as me liking it. I still have a lot of strength gains to be made with the muscles I have, I'd think. But the lifting is for health, so if I get more awesome muscles, so be it ;)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    According to your definitions

FITNESS

Though I personally define it as
    Health and happiness.

I was obese when I started this journey, I just want to be able to say I am a healthy weight and to exercise enough to 1) keep the depression at bay and 2) eat lots of food.

Looking sexy in a dress is an appreciated side effect. (And I think I already am starting to look sexy in a dress even though I am still overweight. I love my hourglass figure)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Fitness. I like hiking and ziplining, and dragging 30 extra pounds plus harnesses up the side of a mountain sucks just a bit.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Fitness.

That isn't to say that I'm not loving the fashion consequences of following my fitness goals, but I'm focused on getting stronger and leaner, not skinnier. Gimme squat booty over size 0 jeans any day!

My goal weight is set by the weight class I want to continue to compete in, not by BMI; my goal body fat percentage is a balancing act between fitness (I want more muscle to push more weight) and fashion (I don't want to look like a bodybuilder).
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fitness, but the benefits of being fit/healthy will help me fit into clothes I'd never considered before.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fashion. I'm tired of clothes not fitting right and i want to feel more confident in the way i look.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fashion for sure :)
  • RBrigzy
    RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK its Friday - voting over!

Lines closed!

Please bear with me while I count up the survey results.. and add a few stats..

:)
  • RBrigzy
    RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Here we go - please bear in mind this is only a casual survey, not terribly scientific.

Numbers
    There were a total of 88 replies.

Of which 80 were female, 8 were male.

Replies where 'both' or no direct answer was 14, these have not been included in the stats below.

Total votes for FASHION was 34, this being 46%

Total votes for FITNESS was 40, this being 54%

A number of people wished to vote for both goals, and weighted them with equal importance.

Conclusion?
    I originally thought there would be more votes in the fashion / sex appeal category rather than the fitness/medical category.

A comment was made "Its all about sex baby" - this being in line with my original theory - the main human driving instinct. It seems this was wrong, or at least not the whole story.

Very interesting!

What can you conclude?
  • confidentlyfit
    Options
    unfortunately, fashion. I wish it were just fitness based, I feel I'd be able to take a much more casual approach to it all. Given that though, fitness is still important to me, and in my pursuit of 'fashion', I'm not looking to take any unhealthy means that would compromise my health.