What's That Smell??

Options
_JPunky
_JPunky Posts: 508 Member
So, I posted this to my friends last week and someone just suggested that it might make a good thread topic. So...

You know how one smell can instantly bring a smile to your face? Mine is plywood. It brings me back to memories of being a little girl and running through Home Depot with my brothers...back when everything was still simple and made sense...

Do you have any smells bring you back to a happy place? Or are there just any weird smells that you like for some reason?

Replies

• Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Campfire and the ocean. Lots, but those are the first 2 to pop in my head.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    we had horses when i was a kid. there was a fly protection liquid we'd put on our horses around their eyes and ears to keep the horseflies away. it came in these tin cans and you had a hand mitt/glove that you poured some on and then you basically "wiped" the area of the horse where you wanted to keep the flies away. i don't remember what it was called and it had a very distinctive chemical smell, but whenever i smell anything close to it (which is rarely), i get immediately transported back to 1975-1976 at the horse farm. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Aramis.
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Oh yeah fire definitely. And fiberglass, because it reminds me of my grandfather, who built boats in his spare time. And chlorine because SWIMMING!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I have this thing, a guage of how stinky I am. I scratch behind my ear and smell. If it's stinky, it's time for a shower. Honestly, I kind of like my stinky ear smell. Makes me feel manly. Smells like pine needles, saw dust, and fermented protein shake left in a shaker bottle.

PS...smelling your panties comes in a close second.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Barbasol. Makes me think about my Grandpa, who was probably the best human being in the entire world.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    mine is....gefiltefish. reminds me of my grandma and grandpa. not because they smelled like it...but just because.
  • Jaunya2
    Jaunya2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Puppy breath
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Campfire smoke, cut grass, suncreen/tanning lotion at the beach but most of all.....BACON!
  • Wolverine_Girl
    Options
    Apples (like shampoo) Japanese Cherry Blossom, Vanilla, Woodsy type smells. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    The smell of leaves burning. When I lived up north, in the fall, there was always someone burning leaves.

The smell of a pipe being smoked. With a sort of sweet smelling tobacco. My grandfather smoked a pipe and it brings back happy memories of my childhood.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Georgia pine trees at the lake. My happy place :love:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird, but I love the mingling smells of leather, fly spray, hay, and horses. The combo makes me incredibly content. I have so many happy memories around horses.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    VP 110 Race Fuel.

Nothing like waking up bright and early on the weekends and heading out to the races and spending time with your second family at the track.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Fireplace / woodstove, bowling alleys and tons more.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I also really like the smell of rain. Yes..it DOES have a smell!
  • peachsilver
    peachsilver Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ok this might sound of buy mine is petrol,

if i smell it i think of my dad working on the car when i was little. me running around in a nice dress and then i have a look under the car and hes teaching me where everything is and then we both get told off because my dress is now ruined because of the oil.

xx
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Burning leaves... and Pinesol.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Absolutely campfire/burning leaves. And kerosene. My grandfather had a partially finished basement where we played as kids and he kept it warm with a kerosene heater. :) I miss that man!!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    . And chlorine because SWIMMING!

Absolutely. The million laps I must've done while on travel swim teams.

Congrats! You dragged my mind out of the gutter BEFORE I posted something completely different. Wait .. she took my MFP virginity. Dammit SLORE! ASK me first! Sheesh! I feel so dirty now. :grumble: