OMG I ate a donut and was up 80 pounds the next day!

Options
How many times do you read on the forums that someone ate a huge dinner and gained 3, 5 or even 10 pounds the next day?

ebcfdadb27224c1ab377bd11fdf46b2d.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment to say...
Unless you ate a 10,000 calorie dinner, then it is pretty safe to say it wasn't a fat gain because of what you ate!!!

It may be that you've gained weight because...
- you are retaining water (did you have a lot of salt yesterday)
- you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves
- you may not have finished digesting the food yet (watch out, poop coming! lol)
- have you peed yet?
- is it that time of the month? (YES - BLAME TOM IT'S ALL HIS FAULT)

Weight gain and weight loss is not a daily thing... it is a cumulative result of behaviors. Work to change your behaviors for the good and your cumulative result will be a favorable one.

I liken it to a credit card, as opposed to a debit card.

A credit card... you can choose to spend like crazy, and you won't see the effects until the statement comes at the end of the month. Or you can save your money, spend wisely, and start paying down the debt and be pleasantly surprised.

Weight loss / gain is NOT a debit card.. what you take out or put in today is NOT instantly reflected in your balance.

Unless of course, you lift 3lb pink weights. Then you'll become huge and bulky overnight. :wink:

Replies

• Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    *throws pink weights in the trash*

THERE! Now I won't be big and bulky, right??
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LETS EAT ONE DOZEN DONUTS NOW.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    *throws pink weights in the trash*

THERE! Now I won't be big and bulky, right??

**grabs weights to become a big ol' b!tch**
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's all water weight. I weighed my self last week in the morning then again 20 hours later and I had lost 3.6 lbs. It's really not something to worry about. It takes 3500 calories in excess to put on 1 lb of fat.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Thought we were handing out donuts here??

Krispy Kreme
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    a1f0d78fadc07b34ec68ac69dd5b74a07c805fad_m.gif
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    well put. :)
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    lol i <3 u. i've seen too many people freak out over eating a slice of pizza or scared of lifting weights cause they don't wanna bulk up. im like O_o its not like your gonna turn into the hulk if you touch the weights...guys everywhere would be thrilled if that was the case xD lol
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    :heart:

:flowerforyou:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    i thought I was the only one this happened to. Whew, i'm not a special snowflake after all!!
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great! Now I want a dang doughnut!
  • cadine1982
    cadine1982 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, it made for good information but also made me laugh
    particularly like the debit vs credit card analogy

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Quit looking in my windows. How did you know I had 3lb pink weights? **GASP** :laugh:
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I am glad you cleared that up. I ate a biscuit (or 3) earlier and I was very worried I would put all my hard earned lost lbs back on by tomorrow. =)
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Great Post!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CURSE MY IGNORANCE!!

But OP, when you said this -

you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves

- my brain exploded. Why on earth would you gain temp weight from muscles repairing?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Actually, it is the awesomesauce all over this post that caused the weight gain. :laugh:

LOVE THIS!!!
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CURSE MY IGNORANCE!!

But OP, when you said this -

you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves

- my brain exploded. Why on earth would you gain temp weight from muscles repairing?

Because your muscles take in water during that process.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    :huh:

l.jpg
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How many times do you read on the forums that someone ate a huge dinner and gained 3, 5 or even 10 pounds the next day?

ebcfdadb27224c1ab377bd11fdf46b2d.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment to say...
    Unless you ate a 10,000 calorie dinner, then it is pretty safe to say it wasn't a fat gain because of what you ate!!!

It may be that you've gained weight because...
    - you are retaining water (did you have a lot of salt yesterday)
    - you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves
    - you may not have finished digesting the food yet (watch out, poop coming! lol)
    - have you peed yet?
    - is it that time of the month? (YES - BLAME TOM IT'S ALL HIS FAULT)

Weight gain and weight loss is not a daily thing... it is a cumulative result of behaviors. Work to change your behaviors for the good and your cumulative result will be a favorable one.

I liken it to a credit card, as opposed to a debit card.

A credit card... you can choose to spend like crazy, and you won't see the effects until the statement comes at the end of the month. Or you can save your money, spend wisely, and start paying down the debt and be pleasantly surprised.

Weight loss / gain is NOT a debit card.. what you take out or put in today is NOT instantly reflected in your balance.

Unless of course, you lift 3lb pink weights. Then you'll become huge and bulky overnight. :wink:

LOVE!!