OMG I ate a donut and was up 80 pounds the next day!

Options

Replies

• FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    you are awesome!

weight fluctuates for so many reasons you have to eat a hell of alot of cal to gain weight. 3500 cal= 1 pound i have been told..

wow.. brainy.. love that big donut lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    CURSE MY IGNORANCE!!

But OP, when you said this -

you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves

- my brain exploded. Why on earth would you gain temp weight from muscles repairing?

This quote is from shape :blushing:- not the best source...
    "A person's scale mass is a combination of muscle, fat, bone, the brain and neural tract, connective tissue, blood, lymph, intestinal gas, urine, and the air that we carry in our lungs. Immediately after a workout routine, the percentage of mass in each of these categories can shift as much as 15 percent." Intense workouts cause variability on the scale due to factors like hydration status, inflammation from muscle damage repair (we call this delayed onset muscle soreness), even the amount of intestinal by-product or urine and blood volume, Dolgan says.

Still looking for more reliable sources that describe the result better - but that one works for now. *DON'T HIT ME FOR MY SOURCE*

LOLShape.

:laugh:

Anyhow, in...
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    +1

And now I want a giant donut. But it has to be pink.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    If I lift donuts will I become bulkeh???

only if they are pink and weigh three pounds.
    Haven't you been paying attention? hehe :wink:

I'm screwed then. I weighed myself after I lifted them and I gained 10 lbs. :sad:

Were you still holding them when you weighed?

Are you sure?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    :huh:

l.jpg

A donut topped with a donut?!

the little fella is soooo cute...nomnomnomnom
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    XkFUP6L.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    you are awesome!

weight fluctuates for so many reasons you have to eat a hell of alot of cal to gain weight. 3500 cal= 1 pound i have been told..

wow.. brainy.. love that big donut lol

And even so... I don't think the conversion from consumption to fat will take place instantly. I could be wrong. (Happens from time to time :laugh:)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If I lift donuts will I become bulkeh???

only if they are pink and weigh three pounds.
    Haven't you been paying attention? hehe :wink:

I have the urge to go home and paint my dumbbells pink. Just because I love pink. I'm glad I've learned not to freak out over a gain, especially the morning after a late dinner when I haven't pooped yet. :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    CURSE MY IGNORANCE!!

But OP, when you said this -

you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves

- my brain exploded. Why on earth would you gain temp weight from muscles repairing?

This quote is from shape :blushing:- not the best source...
    "A person's scale mass is a combination of muscle, fat, bone, the brain and neural tract, connective tissue, blood, lymph, intestinal gas, urine, and the air that we carry in our lungs. Immediately after a workout routine, the percentage of mass in each of these categories can shift as much as 15 percent." Intense workouts cause variability on the scale due to factors like hydration status, inflammation from muscle damage repair (we call this delayed onset muscle soreness), even the amount of intestinal by-product or urine and blood volume, Dolgan says.

Still looking for more reliable sources that describe the result better - but that one works for now. *DON'T HIT ME FOR MY SOURCE*

LOLShape.

:laugh:

Anyhow, in...
    F4ptIm8.gif
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Umm.... Some of us can eat 10,000 calories on a bad day. Just sayin '.:blushing:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    XkFUP6L.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4MDP2W3rWo-YpEhJlNpCTrkwXBNnbvmA2OSMVpd-2dAkNyRaZ
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All I know is that one time I ate a cake donut assuming that it had less calories than a Boston Kreme, b/c the Boston Kreme is the best.

I was wrong. I should have had the Boston Kreme; it had 50 calories less! I know this has nothing to do with the original topic. It has just been bothering me. And this has been the first donut title I have seen.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    All I know is that one time I ate a cake donut assuming that it had less calories than a Boston Kreme, b/c the Boston Kreme is the best.

I was wrong. I should have had the Boston Kreme; it had 50 calories less! I know this has nothing to do with the original topic. It has just been bothering me. And this has been the first donut title I have seen.

you know what gets me? a donut OFTEN has less calories than a muffin from the SAME PLACE.

EMrknJP.gif

I was appalled when I first realized that.

eta... now I have the donut! hehe
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Umm.... Some of us can eat 10,000 calories on a bad day. Just sayin '.:blushing:

Or a good day... Hello Christmas 2013....
  • jrwilliams124
    jrwilliams124 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Thank you for the info!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options

:laugh: Too true!
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ate a cookie dough heart shaped donut today it fit my macros perfectly!
    Mmm donut!

Thats all...:drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

10k??? No way.

I barely broke 5k last Christmas...and was around 4k in the two Christmases prior.

That's an impressive feat.

ETA: Aha! I checked your diary...

...and was only 8k.

(That's still substantial though. =P )
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I ate a cookie dough heart shaped donut today it fit my macros perfectly!
    Mmm donut!

Thats all...:drinker:

I would like this better if it was the brownie batter one, but :heart: .
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

10k??? No way.

I barely broke 5k last Christmas...and was around 4k in the two Christmases prior.

That's an impressive feat.

^^^ this. My worst binge was less than 4000 calories