OMG I ate a donut and was up 80 pounds the next day!

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I ate three pounds of food and now I am three pounds heavier! W.T. H?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    How many times do you read on the forums that someone ate a huge dinner and gained 3, 5 or even 10 pounds the next day?

ebcfdadb27224c1ab377bd11fdf46b2d.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment to say...
    Unless you ate a 10,000 calorie dinner, then it is pretty safe to say it wasn't a fat gain because of what you ate!!!

It may be that you've gained weight because...
    - you are retaining water (did you have a lot of salt yesterday)
    - you did a particularly hard workout the day before and the muscles are repairing themselves
    - you may not have finished digesting the food yet (watch out, poop coming! lol)
    - have you peed yet?
    - is it that time of the month? (YES - BLAME TOM IT'S ALL HIS FAULT)

Weight gain and weight loss is not a daily thing... it is a cumulative result of behaviors. Work to change your behaviors for the good and your cumulative result will be a favorable one.

I liken it to a credit card, as opposed to a debit card.

A credit card... you can choose to spend like crazy, and you won't see the effects until the statement comes at the end of the month. Or you can save your money, spend wisely, and start paying down the debt and be pleasantly surprised.

Weight loss / gain is NOT a debit card.. what you take out or put in today is NOT instantly reflected in your balance.

Unless of course, you lift 3lb pink weights. Then you'll become huge and bulky overnight. :wink:

I came close between Friday and Saturday. I ate a ton of calories over. Stupid Shamrock Shakes, Blizzards, and many burgers from fast food joints.
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options
    Excellent post! I learned about some of this just a few days ago. I was totally freaking out over a 3 pound gain overnight. And my friends informed me it was probably the sodium causing me to retain water. Sure enough, it was. Now that I know, I won't be freaking out so much if it happens again, and you've probably saved some others from freaking out unnecessarily by writing this. Thank you.
  • Snarkist
    Options
    :drinker:
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

You should have eaten clean.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ate a cookie dough heart shaped donut today it fit my macros perfectly!
    Mmm donut!

Thats all...:drinker:

I would like this better if it was the brownie batter one, but :heart: .
    Mmmm thats my next victim!:happy:
    I was craving a cookie dough quest bar, the donut was way cheaper! :tongue:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Umm.... Some of us can eat 10,000 calories on a bad day. Just sayin '.:blushing:

Or a good day... Hello Christmas 2013....

10k??? No way.

I barely broke 5k last Christmas...and was around 4k in the two Christmases prior.

That's an impressive feat.

^^^ this. My worst binge was less than 4000 calories

The trik is ot to binge, but pace yourself throughout the day.

In 24 hours, this weekend (Friday at 6pm til Saturday at 6pm), I ate the following:

3 Ouces of Cheese
    10 Ritz Crackers
    8 Fig Newtons
    A 1/2 lb. Flamethrower Burger with Medium Fry and a small mint chocolate chip cooke dough Blizzard from DQ
    a cup of Planter's Mixed Nuts
    5 piece Mighty Wings, Medium Fries, and a Shamrock Shake from McD's.
    A cup of Dark Chocolate Chex Mix
    Protein Bar with 20 g of protein (I forgot which brand)
    Steak Egg McMuffin
    Hardee's Little ThickBurger, 1/3 pound Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger, small curly fries from Hardee's
    Chicken Noodle Soup Homemade - 1 cup
    a half cup of planter's mixed nuts
    A half cup of dark Chocolate Chex Mix
    A packet of Hot Chocolate with 4 Jet Puffed full sized Marshmallows
    4 truffles from Russell Stovers
    A cup and a half of cooked Spaghetti with Veggie Meatball x 5 with squash, yellow peppers, and Spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese
    6 Dark Chocolate and Flaxseed Oatmeal Cookies
    5 piece Hot wings, and an original recipe thigh and breast from KFC.

I have no idea what that adds up to, and I don't have time to plug it all in now, but I am willing to bet I exceeded the 4K people were talking about.

I also hiked through knee deep or greater snow and ice for 4.2 miles and had a huge snow fight with a bunch of boys. All of the outdoor activity was oner 3.5 hours. So, I burned a few cals as well.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Mmm donut!

You have to pay more for the 17 g of fiber! :wink: I walked to my DD and got one of each of the heart-shaped donuts, then I cut a third off each one. Next time I'd skip the custard one.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    LOL this is fantastic :-)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

You should have eaten clean.

True. Fat weighs more than muscle too.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    :huh:

l.jpg

A donut topped with a donut?!

Looks like a donut corsage,
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    :huh:

l.jpg

A donut topped with a donut?!

Looks like a donut corsage,

Lol! Or a donut mole!
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mmm donut!

You have to pay more for the 17 g of fiber! :wink: I walked to my DD and got one of each of the heart-shaped donuts, then I cut a third off each one. Next time I'd skip the custard one.
    Ill just go buy a box of fiber one brownies!
    Mmm brownies!!!:love:
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Umm.... Some of us can eat 10,000 calories on a bad day. Just sayin '.:blushing:

10k??? No way.

I barely broke 5k last Christmas...and was around 4k in the two Christmases prior.

ETA: Aha! I checked your diary...

...and was only 8k.

(That's still substantial though. =P )

Did you check each entry though.... Cause apparently the m and m entry I chose from the database had really incorrect and super low sugar amount. Like insanely low. It was pointed out to me the day after and I was too lazy to update it. So I totally ate more than 8000 :).

Eta... Just noticed that the frosting for the sugar cookies and the sprinkles for the cookies and brownies got left off too :(
  • tegalicious
    Options

10k??? No way.

The trik is ot to binge, but pace yourself throughout the day.

In 24 hours, this weekend (Friday at 6pm til Saturday at 6pm), I ate the following:

3 Ouces of Cheese
    10 Ritz Crackers
    8 Fig Newtons
    A 1/2 lb. Flamethrower Burger with Medium Fry and a small mint chocolate chip cooke dough Blizzard from DQ
    a cup of Planter's Mixed Nuts
    5 piece Mighty Wings, Medium Fries, and a Shamrock Shake from McD's.
    A cup of Dark Chocolate Chex Mix
    Protein Bar with 20 g of protein (I forgot which brand)
    Steak Egg McMuffin
    Hardee's Little ThickBurger, 1/3 pound Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger, small curly fries from Hardee's
    Chicken Noodle Soup Homemade - 1 cup
    a half cup of planter's mixed nuts
    A half cup of dark Chocolate Chex Mix
    A packet of Hot Chocolate with 4 Jet Puffed full sized Marshmallows
    4 truffles from Russell Stovers
    A cup and a half of cooked Spaghetti with Veggie Meatball x 5 with squash, yellow peppers, and Spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese
    6 Dark Chocolate and Flaxseed Oatmeal Cookies
    5 piece Hot wings, and an original recipe thigh and breast from KFC.

I have no idea what that adds up to, and I don't have time to plug it all in now, but I am willing to bet I exceeded the 4K people were talking about.

I also hiked through knee deep or greater snow and ice for 4.2 miles and had a huge snow fight with a bunch of boys. All of the outdoor activity was oner 3.5 hours. So, I burned a few cals as well.

Impressive!!
  • tegalicious
    Options

10k??? No way.

It wasn't a binge.... More of a it is Christmas and I am gonna eat all teh foodz kind of a thing. And I am a bottomless pit. What can I say. At 5'3" and 115 pounds I can pack in serious amounts of food. It is a gift and a curse. Perhaps I need to enter some eating contests....
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    It wasn't a binge.... More of a it is Christmas and I am gonna eat all teh foodz kind of a thing. And I am a bottomless pit. What can I say. At 5'3" and 115 pounds I can pack in serious amounts of food. It is a gift and a curse. Perhaps I need to enter some eating contests....

While that IS a lot of calories, what I like it's that you knew what you were doing. You made a choice to eat, and were in control. There was no shame because you controlled it, but it controlled you. :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify...

EATING CLEAN... is that when you don't leave any evidence at the scene of the crime?
    jelly%20donut%20blog_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What a hoot! I have this phenomenon all the time. It all evens out EVENTUALLY if you're PATIENT. I can go up 3-5 pounds in a day eating my normal 1400 calories a day, and then drop 4 in a heartbeat. Crazy *kitten* body. Water just HAS to have a lot to do with it! Got a good chuckle out of your post!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I am resurrecting this for the New Years Crowd... thinking it may help someone. :-D