Friends say I am too skinny now

Options
14567810»

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I should start by saying that when I was a kid and teenager I was really small. I was 18 before I went over 100 pounds and I'm only 5'2. Life happened and my normal resting weight was between 140 and 150 in my mid twenties. People snickered but no one called me "fat" to my face. Then through my second pregnancy I gained a ton of weight. After having my baby I was miserable at 185. Then I decided to change my life. I started working out and eating healthy. I joined my fitness pal at about 165 pounds. One year later I'm now 107 and the best shape of my life. I do a ton of cardio and weights and feel great. Problem is, people are now saying I'm "too skinny" and a good friend told me it looked like I was a cancer patient. Seriously. The profile pic of me is about 10 pounds ago but I look pretty much the same. I don't want to lose anymore weight, just keep toning and maintaining. How do you deal with the constant criticism. No one had anything to say when I was big, how is it ok to tear me down now that I'm fit?

Sounds like they are just jealous.
  • dq_14
    dq_14 Posts: 8
    Options
    It's impossible to make critical people happy. I bet those who say you look too skinny now would say, "you'd better lose a few pounds, huh" before. Some people are just too determined to see something negative in others. Never mind, you look great!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look great. And it seems that you feel great. Don't mind other people... If you're healthy and like the way you look, then you're alright.
  • Dan6000istheman
    Dan6000istheman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to make critical people happy. I bet those who say you look too skinny now would say, "you'd better lose a few pounds, huh" before. Some people are just too determined to see something negative in others. Never mind, you look great!

Amen!!!

Keep up the GREAT Work!!
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    All I can say is: welcome to the club. I'm 5 foot 3, been 130lb at my fittest, two pregnancies, and 121lb now (looking to get fit again) and that's been many years of "skinny" insults. Some people, you can't eat a cake in front of them without them passing comment - 'I bet you never eat cake' or 'Where do you put it all? I hate you [when did 'I hate you' become an 'amusing' barb between friends?]' or 'Have TWO cakes, you look AWFUL!'

I'm more assertive about it now; I'll happily tell people how rude they're being.
  • BackToWeddingWeight
    Options
    Absolutely!!! When I look in the mirror I never truly see how I look. Whenever I see pictures of myself I'm pleasantly surprised that I look about 15-20 lbs less than I do in my head. It's so hard for our minds to catch up with our bodies.