Grrrrrr the jealous....ventage thread!

Options
All of us know who those people are, the one's who get mad, irritated or upset when we try to change our lifestyle! This is a ventage thread. How have the negative afected you? Maybe they haven't? Your experiences please!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    I hate the people that see it as just another fad....ok so yes in the past I have tried every sodding diet under the sun BUT this time I have changed the way I eat and factored in a lot of exericse...

Also the people who say ahh you're no fun anymore - you always used to be the big bubbly one?!!! What the...ok so I have always been the largest member of any friend group I have been in but I don't have to stay that way to be fun surely? xxx
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Heh, I've said it before on here but the people who say 'Oh you skinny minny'/'You don't need to lose any more weight'/'Don't get anorexic' make me so mad!

They have no idea what it's like for your weight to affect your confidence; and I get annoyed at myself for saying 'Oh, I'm just in training - the weight loss is incidental' I'm proud that I've gotten control over what I shovel down my gob after almost 30 years of being overweight - and I'm proud that I'm adult and sensible enough know when to stop before it gets silly.
  • Mangoose
    Options
    I hate the people that see it as just another fad....ok so yes in the past I have tried every sodding diet under the sun BUT this time I have changed the way I eat and factored in a lot of exericse...

Also the people who say ahh you're no fun anymore - you always used to be the big bubbly one?!!! What the...ok so I have always been the largest member of any friend group I have been in but I don't have to stay that way to be fun surely? xxx

Why do people always associate bubbly with fat? Does that mean that the definition of 'bubbly' is 'Overweight, unhealthy and likely depressed'?

That really grinds my gears :grumble:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Same here mangoose - at work the boys ( well I say boys, but my boss is 30) were going on about all the girls we work with ( well the other 2 as there is only 4 of us in total). The oldest lady they said was like a Mum, the younger 2 hot...me....CUDDLY - I kid you not. I actually said to him, in future just say fat - it's far less hurtful than you think...
  • highrise
    Options
    The oldest lady they said was like a Mum, the younger 2 hot...me....CUDDLY - I kid you not. I actually said to him, in future just say fat - it's far less hurtful than you think...

Wow, amazing that people just don't think first! Actually I don't even know why people have to comment on physical appearance so much - whatever happened to 'She's great at her job' or 'She's the one with talent for painting' etc.
  • Mangoose
    Options
    Haha, I get called cuddly all the time, in fact my partner says that she likes me being cuddly!

She wants me to lose weight but 'Not too much' because she doesn't want to cuddle a bag of bones :laugh:
  • Mangoose
    Options
    The oldest lady they said was like a Mum, the younger 2 hot...me....CUDDLY - I kid you not. I actually said to him, in future just say fat - it's far less hurtful than you think...

Wow, amazing that people just don't think first! Actually I don't even know why people have to comment on physical appearance so much - whatever happened to 'She's great at her job' or 'She's the one with talent for painting' etc.

Because we're men, and we rely on the physical, not the emotional ;)
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Heh, I've said it before on here but the people who say 'Oh you skinny minny'/'You don't need to lose any more weight'/'Don't get anorexic' make me so mad!

I hate that =__= I am not technically "overweight" but I am not at a healthy size/fitness level either. Just because I am good at hiding the pudge under fashionable clothes, does not mean I should eat cake every day!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    one of the best ones I have had said to me " you'd be pretty if you were skinny" - the next "you have a pretty face" I just reply with "yeah. shame about the rest of me" haha.
  • emilysparey
    Options
    i get the 'you have a pretty face, no body notices the rest of you' and 'your not fat you just have big boobs'
    mostly from people who probably never had to worry about their weight ever. why cant i be thin and have a pretty face?
  • highrise
    Options
    Because we're men, and we rely on the physical, not the emotional ;)

lol! Well far be it from me to generalise ;-)
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    one of the best ones I have had said to me " you'd be pretty if you were skinny" - the next "you have a pretty face" I just reply with "yeah. shame about the rest of me" haha.

I hate the pretty face comment. it really is just an insult to the rest of me. :(
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This one really gets me - I have had mahoosive boobs since the age of about 14 - which only got bigger and bigger and bigger the more weight I put on - people seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to comment on them nearly every day of my life! Now me personally, I would never dream of going up to someone in the street and saying - right to their face "Jesus your nose is enormous" or "Blimey, you look like an *kitten* on legs", and yet people seem to think they can walk past me and say things like "bl**dy hell, you don't get many of them to the pound" or, my personal favourite "look at the t*ts on that"
    Who the heck do you think you are exactly?
    I haven't got to the point yet where people are telling me not to lose any more weight (I wish), but I have had the pretty face comment, and my sister told me the other day "don't go daft with it and end up looking like one of them people you see running!"
    Just mind your own flippin business, and don't go projecting your own insecurities on to me I say.
    As we say in the UK - "NAFF OFF!"
  • Mangoose
    Options
    This one really gets me - I have had mahoosive boobs since the age of about 14 - which only got bigger and bigger and bigger the more weight I put on - people seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to comment on them nearly every day of my life! Now me personally, I would never dream of going up to someone in the street and saying - right to their face "Jesus your nose is enormous" or "Blimey, you look like an *kitten* on legs", and yet people seem to think they can walk past me and say things like "bl**dy hell, you don't get many of them to the pound" or, my personal favourite "look at the t*ts on that"
    Who the heck do you think you are exactly?
    I haven't got to the point yet where people are telling me not to lose any more weight (I wish), but I have had the pretty face comment, and my sister told me the other day "don't go daft with it and end up looking like one of them people you see running!"
    Just mind your own flippin business, and don't go projecting your own insecurities on to me I say.
    As we say in the UK - "NAFF OFF!"

I'm pretty sure us people in the UK would say something far more rude and offensive than Naff off ;)
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I'm with you on this one! I always get the, "You have such a pretty face" and then a meaningful pause.

Let me preface this by saying I'm married to wonderful man, so the opinion of other men shouldn't matter, however, it does. So does the opinion of my GP, the skinnies at work and mostly any person who I come in contact with. I'm working on that.

Anyway, feeling fairly good about myself since getting back to work after surgery, was out with 'the girls' on Friday night in our local pub. Three lads (in mid 50's but fairly suave and debonaire!) looking at me. I went up the bar, the usual, chat chat. Anyway, later in the night, one of the lads tells me that his mate (who had left by that time) told him to check me out, and the lad I was talking to (recounting the story) said, "I looked at you and said to R, you don't usually go in for big girls, but she does have a beautiful face."

Argghhhh, this I did not need!

Basically, I work with a very looks-conscious group of very attractive women/men. I know when they see my massive yo-yo weight loss/gains, they probably think unkind thoughts (think Kelly Osbourne here) and I try not to let them get to me. Sometimes, the top to bottom review I get every morning can be ignored. Sometimes, I feel like screaming, "Yes, do you not think I know I've gained weight??!!"

Anyway, this was for venting and I've done so. Thanks for the forum to do so.
    Also, I have the big boobie thing too, but now, after kids, they're okay in bras but unencumbered, they're so so saggy. :(
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Now - I don't think my dad is jealous, this is just an odd comment more than anything! but it made me mad!!

He randomly tells me that the fitness classes i'm doing are not appropriate (I do RPM, body combat, zumba sometimes, and aquafit if my back is sore) and will result in me looking like a sprinter as opposed to a marathon runner i.e more bulky?? And then he tells me that I should take up long distance running as my fitness regime from now on....

um....first of all...where the hell this idea came from I have no idea!(he is no fitness guru beleive me!) Secondly, don't worry i ignored him. The excercise I am doing is all cardio and is helping me lose weight all over, and I really enjoy it. (I HATE RUNING. And he knows that!)

I feel better! : )
  • highrise
    Options
    Anyway, later in the night, one of the lads tells me that his mate (who had left by that time) told him to check me out, and the lad I was talking to (recounting the story) said, "I looked at you and said to R, you don't usually go in for big girls, but she does have a beautiful face."

o0o0o0o0o0o <-- that's the sound of my mind boggling!
  • Mangoose
    Options
    Anyway, later in the night, one of the lads tells me that his mate (who had left by that time) told him to check me out, and the lad I was talking to (recounting the story) said, "I looked at you and said to R, you don't usually go in for big girls, but she does have a beautiful face."

o0o0o0o0o0o <-- that's the sound of my mind boggling!

I don't get it, why would anyone say 'I'm not attracted to you because you're fat, but you have a nice face!'

People :huh:
  • Lynz888
    Lynz888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've morphed into the non fun friend that doesn't get invited because I gave up drinking alcohol. Everywhere I go, people try to feed me like I'm some lost puppy, garbage disposal character. Everytime I go to see my parents, they say I've lost weight even if I've clearly gained. (what the heck!) And all my work peeps seem to give the same look me up and down response when I'm eating something before they confrontationally state "why are you eating that? you don't need to lose weight!" I had no idea making health conscious decisions could be so offensive to everyone else in my life!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've morphed into the non fun friend that doesn't get invited because I gave up drinking alcohol. Everywhere I go, people try to feed me like I'm some lost puppy, garbage disposal character. Everytime I go to see my parents, they say I've lost weight even if I've clearly gained. (what the heck!) And all my work peeps seem to give the same look me up and down response when I'm eating something before they confrontationally state "why are you eating that? you don't need to lose weight!" I had no idea making health conscious decisions could be so offensive to everyone else in my life!

Yeah alcohol = not worth the calories!! Luckily a lot of my friends don't drink anyway, but some people respond very oddly if you say you don't really drink. odd.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!