What a Dove REAL MEN Campaign would look like

Options
Erin_goBrahScience
Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
This is an interesting photo series by Photographer Jenny Francis, real men are given the "Real Beauty" treatment and are posed as famous male models.

It's posed constantly that women are often bombarded by images of perfection in the media. Are men affected in a similar way? Part of me thinks that maybe men don't look at other men the way women look at other women. I'm not a man so I'm not really sure. But I'd like to hear their thoughts on the subject.

http://beautifuldecay.com/2013/11/12/real-men-look-posed-like-models-famous-underwear-ads/

TheSunUnderwearAds2-565x376.jpg
TheSunUnderwearAds1-565x376.jpg
TheSunUnderwearAds3-565x376.jpg
TheSunUnderwearAds5-565x544.jpg

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think they need 1-2 that have an even higher percentage of BF. just saying.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm allowed to comment in here...
  • ^^True....we should be making those REAL MEN sammiches.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad I'm not the one who said it.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I need some pot bellies going on. Manorexia is popular for the same reason as anorexia is for women. I like my men muscley, but I also like for them to look like they like to eat...thats just me though
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I can look at all these men & not give it much thought. Dudes ripped on the right< I can appreciate as I know it take dedication, dudes on the left. Attractive and looking confident...cool by me. Any of the pics would work fine in marketing if I was polled on the subject.

As far as women and the media. I have a sharp attitude against much of it. I can look at a woman the same way I just looked at the men and feel the same way as far as marketing goes. I don't really believe all the hype that the media has that much power. I know women are strong minded, and I find it humorous at times that a picture can alter their thoughts on themselves. Although I do understand how someone shaming them that proclaims to love them can alter there feelings by a particular individual.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting photo series by Photographer Jenny Francis, real men are given the "Real Beauty" treatment and are posed as famous male models.

It's posed constantly that women are often bombarded by images of perfection in the media. Are men affected in a similar way? Part of me thinks that maybe men don't look at other men the way women look at other women. I'm not a man so I'm not really sure. But I'd like to hear their thoughts on the subject.

http://beautifuldecay.com/2013/11/12/real-men-look-posed-like-models-famous-underwear-ads/

TheSunUnderwearAds2-565x376.jpg
    TheSunUnderwearAds1-565x376.jpg
    TheSunUnderwearAds3-565x376.jpg
    TheSunUnderwearAds5-565x544.jpg

The little guy on the left....can I keep him?
    My kids would love to have a Hobbit.

As to the OP....despite my joke.
    I personally don't let the media dictate to me what I like or dislike in my appearance or a female body.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Oh, please do...
    giphy.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    The thing is I don't think any of the "real" guys are unattractive. In fact I'm more surprised by the fact that i think the ginger is a little cute.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think they need 1-2 that have an even higher percentage of BF. just saying.

Yeah, I was actually thinking that I'm pretty happy to look as good as those guys after dropping almost 20 lbs. Sure not what this "real man" looked like not too long ago.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    No marketing campaign would make me buy Dove soap. That's for chicks. I need stuff with pumice and ground up leaves in it. That leaves me smelling neither fruity nor flowery. Although ginger is ok. Because you can cook with ginger. Actually any food smell would be good now that i think of it. Except cauliflower...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Actually any food smell would be good now that i think of it. Except cauliflower...

Here you go:

da14_bacon_soap_closeup.jpg
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Personally the body of the top left one has me drooling....his model counterpart not so much.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'd bang em all
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Actually any food smell would be good now that i think of it. Except cauliflower...

Here you go:

da14_bacon_soap_closeup.jpg
    roflbot-Uznj.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    The thing is I don't think any of the "real" guys are unattractive. In fact I'm more surprised by the fact that i think the ginger is a little cute.

QFT!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love the guy in the group pic with the shaved head. He's totally got his Vogue on! :laugh:

I agree with what a lot of people are saying, both sets of guys are attractive for their own reasons.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Personally the body of the top left one has me drooling....his model counterpart not so much.

remind me to give you a call one of these days lol.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Oh, please do...
    giphy.gif

I'm not stupid.
    wink.gif?resize=500%2C269
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

He looks very similar to my guy, but my guy has a bigger redder beard. Hot Hot Hot!!