• fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd bang em all

Hey there. How ya doin'?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love the red haired guy's over the shoulder come-hither look!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Anyone who believes that men aren't affected by that stuff is delusional. Men are sorted and ranked by physical attributes beginning in preschool. Every day for a young boy is a constant measuring of oneself. The difference is that we are not taught to think about it. We're taught to not question it. To shut up and accept it. If you don't like where you're ranked, fight for it. Otherwise just shut up and keep your head down.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Personally the body of the top left one has me drooling....his model counterpart not so much.

My thoughts exactly :drinker:
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Loving that guy on the top left. HOT! My honey is starting to look like that. They have a very similar build. YAY!
  • cshouston81
    Options
    Unrealistic, idealized views of female AND male bodies is detrimental to society, imho. While not everyone is affected the same way (I don't want to date a model and I find "normal" women more attractive than magazine pictures), a LOT of people are and that negatively affects all of us. I've known a lot of women who struggle with relationships because they are constantly after men who only look like the ones on the cover of GQ magazine (and most of the time those guys are total ****wads). That affects both the woman and the men who get overlooked because they're not rocking six pack abs. Plus, if not for male models, I don't think nearly as many men would try so damn hard to look like them in the first place. So the pendulum swings both ways.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Personally the body of the top left one has me drooling....his model counterpart not so much.

Yes! Looks like a viking. Meow!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I find it humorous at times that a picture can alter their thoughts on themselves.

the force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Anyone who believes that men aren't affected by that stuff is delusional. Men are sorted and ranked by physical attributes beginning in preschool. Every day for a young boy is a constant measuring of oneself. The difference is that we are not taught to think about it. We're taught to not question it. To shut up and accept it. If you don't like where you're ranked, fight for it. Otherwise just shut up and keep your head down.

well said
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Women have Barbie, men have He-Man. The difference between how we deal with these "ideal" body types is simple: men aren't bat $#!t insane.

tumblr_m6g6fuCP4s1rv82rjo1_500.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

That's it, I am staying chunky and shaving my head.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'd bang em all

from the way you carry on, we assume there isn't anyone you wouldn't
  • fast_eddie_72
    Options
    I'd bang em all

from the way you carry on, we assume there isn't anyone you wouldn't

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • fast_eddie_72
    Options

He. He he. "...constant measuring of oneself."
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

^^^^^
    +1
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    My guess is that the dudes had fun doing that. I just don't think most guys give a **** what male models look like as most of us are too busy looking at women.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I kinda think men have enough to deal with. They get measured on physical things that there is no fix for: height, size..., and not being bald (not to say some women don't like short bald guys, just saying in general).

They also get more scrutiny on personality and how much money they make.

.. And I actually preferred the models. Why not?? They worked hard for that physique and they deserve to be recognized for it. I don't feel like a bad person for finding a cut muscular man sexy.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    LOLOLLLL!!!!
    Love how the first guy looks like he was fighting to keep a straight face XD
    Sorry, that's all I can focus on now. His facial expression.. Priceless!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    8/10 WB