Smells you hate but everyone else loves!

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Babies.

Seriously, people, they either smell like soap or they smell like spit up and poop. What is to love about that?!

I've never understood it either. My wife tells me it is like puppy breath, which she also loves. I don't understand that either.

I would bottle the smell of babies and puppy breath if I could! Love them both!!!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Moth balls... :noway: oh wait... this was about smells others love, I don't think anyone out there could possibly love the smell of moth balls... could they???
  • the_new_40
    Options
    Moth balls... :noway: oh wait... this was about smells others love, I don't think anyone out there could possibly love the smell of moth balls... could they???

You just reminded me of that Jr. High joke, when kids would ask "Do you like the smell of mothballs?" followed by "Is it hard to spread their little legs apart?"

:sick: :laugh:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love the smell of gas but it gives me a headache. I absolutely hate the smell of apple cinnamon but that seems to be a very popular scent for candles. :grumble:
  • the_new_40
    Options
    new car smell :sick: makes me feel ill

I'm actually new car shopping right now and soooooo looking forward to that smell!!!! :love:

I also like new car smell - but the air fresheners that claim to be new car smell are vile and give me a headache.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Babies.

Seriously, people, they either smell like soap or they smell like spit up and poop. What is to love about that?!

So right on...never really understood people saying they love the smell of babies.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Lotions
    Baby powder
    Seafood and fish
    Deodorizer sprays and products
    Cologne
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Babies.

I've never understood it either. My wife tells me it is like puppy breath, which she also loves. I don't understand that either.

I would bottle the smell of babies and puppy breath if I could! Love them both!!!!

Don't really know about babies....

BUT OMG PUPPY BREAFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: In all it's skunky glory :heart:
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    musk in perfume -- it's disgusting and I can't stand to be near people wearing it
    o/w I love most of those smells you all hate!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Incense
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, nail polish. Can't think of anything else but I hate these smells but other people like it :sick:
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Celery :sick:
    Apple pie
    Sardines

Apple pie?! I lovvvve pie so much. I was just thinking the other day how much I like the smell of toilet bowl cleaner.....I am sure other people dislike it very much!

HAHAHHAHA that is a first. Is this during or after you clean up?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *snip*
    For that matter, I don't like any scented products that smell like candy/fruit/baked goods. Why would you want to smell like you rubbed food on your body, or like you left a cake in your house (but you don't actually get to eat any cake!)

This. Also, anything floral. Except actual flowers.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tomato plants /green tomato. I love that smell. It's so refreshing and clean smelling to me
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Coffee

Gasoline (I know tons of ppl who LOVE the smell)

Fish

Roses :sick:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the smell of pickles or pickled herring or pretty much pickled anything. Black licorice smell am not to fond of. Or ground beef. I hate the smell of hamburger when you open it I have to season it immediately right away to cook it. Wood Smoke, some people love that but I have mild asthma and that smell really really bothers me.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Bacon

noooooooooooo. :( Bacon smells soo good
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Any kind of fish. Lord have mercy, I hate the smell of seafood.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Effing Patchuli. *gag*