Coffee Creamer Substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• RancidPolecat2
    Options
    How much coffee do you drink in a day, Mtzrose? You may want to consider cutting back there. I know the jury is out on how much coffee is healthy, but even those that champion the health benefits of coffee are talking in the ball park of 4-6 cups a day.

A Starbucks Grande is almost 2 cups.

Also, if a creamer is fat free, it's almost guaranteed to be loaded with sugar.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i have tried all kinds and i really like coffee mates sugar free vanilla caramel, it is 15 cals for 1 tablespoon and i take about 3 tablespoons in a cup and have 2 cups a day so only 90 calories.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of sugar free, fat free vanilla ice cream.
  • mom2threeQTs
    mom2threeQTs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use caramel flavoured stevia, and 1/2 cup of blue diamond unsweetened almond milk. Only adds 20 cals to my coffee.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nah, I stick with the real half-and-half, organic when I can, and that satisfies me so that I use it and feel good and don't take in extra chemicals or sugar. *shrug* They say that 'mouth fell' (a gross term in its way) is what matters with dairy and dairy substitutes, so whatever makes a person feel like that got enough 'fat richness' does it for them. Maybe more on the fat-feel side and less on the sugar side would be helpful...?
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I add low fat hot chocolate to my coffee. It's only 25 calories.

OMG such a good idea...
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I gradually reduced the amount of creamer I use but I love my coffee & creamer so I just work it in. I use 1 tsp sugar 15 calories & 2 tbs flavored creamer 50 to 70 calories. I know it's a lot but compared to how much creamer I used to put it it's great.

I did get some Vanilla Almond milk yesterday to try in my coffee & totally forgot about it this morning! !

...unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I like Almond Breeze) is also delicious on Rice Crispies! My go-to nighttime snack if I need something late before bedtime! I switched from low-fat half and half too and really don't mind the vanilla almond milk at all. Very low cal and I can make it as "light" as I want, guilt free.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I use 1% milk and splenda with a touch of cinnamon
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Someone really needs to make fat-free organic flavored creamer haha i guess that's an oxymoron...but i use Land O' Lakes All Natural Fat Free Half & Half and I love it...just wish they had flavored ones but i usually buy flavored coffee. I try to stay away from CoffeeMate but they now have Natural Bliss which has flavors but unfortunately the only Low Fat one is Vanilla (as usual).
  • RancidPolecat2
    Options
    A spoonful of sugar free, fat free vanilla ice cream.

How can ice cream be both fat free and sugar free. What is in it?
  • ruthmowry9
    Options
    Be careful of substitutes that say "fat-free" or "low-fat" because they are full of corn syrup and chemicals to make them taste and feel creamy. Here's an article about the fat-free kind of half-and-half. I'm still looking for the best substitute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/processed-foods_b_1474570.html
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    We use fat free evaporated milk...5 cal per teaspoon.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Get better coffee or use the real creamer.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Uhh, why go for a substitute? I am using the Land O Lakes low fat half and half... 25 cals per 2 TABLESPOONS! Yummy in the coffee.

This is what I'm doing too. I was pushing 1000 cal daily on coffee mate. I've cut back on the coffee and also drink some black now but my first cup is with the lol ff h&h and it's sooo good. I tried the almond milk & keep it on hand for cereals but the h&h is what I want with coffee.

1000 cals daily on Coffeemate? At 35 cals a tablespoon, that is 28.5 tablespoons! That is almost a bottle of creamer a day!

Are you a heavy coffee drinker or a heavy creamer user? Or both?